Hope this finds you well and warm. Winter has arrived in the Sun City of El Paso. We still have sunshine today but the winds are kicking up and this morning’s low was in the 40s. I don’t think we had much more than a week of autumn! And have a chance for our first freeze tonight. Brrrrr.
We are well into November and I thought I should just do a quick review of the progress I am making toward the goals I established early last month. As I began writing that original post, I discovered that 30 days does not a habit make! So I have adjusted my thinking and am in hopes that maybe by year’s end, most of my goals will be mostly realized and mostly second nature.
Let’s see where I am:
- Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes five days a week. Back on track. My exercise isn’t always gym-related but I am walking, riding my bike, doing Fitness Blender – check it out here – in addition to going to the Planet Fitness several times a week.
- Drink 52 ounces of water a day from my big ‘bubba’ insulated drink container. It is actually called a “keg”. I associate that with beer drinking, though. I have got this one down, baby! This is happening almost always. Even on our overnight trip to Ruidoso this past weekend. Yay, me!
- Write everyday. Somewhere. On something. Either here, on one of my story ideas or in my journal. Fall challenge posts and texts don’t count. The Fall challenge is over and the Build Your Wardrobe Basics challenge is about to begin but still won’t count posting to the challenge as writing. Today is the 12th day of the month and I haven’t written at all in my journal for November. I have, however, written five blog posts over the last twelve days. Still lots of room for improvement toward meeting this goal. Can’t check this one off the list yet.
- Have a devotional time everyday that consists of reading Jesus Calling and look up the verses mentioned there in the Bible. Big improvement here. Making sure to find the time to do this almost everyday. Took Jesus Calling with me on our overnight trip and actually read it! Not yet a habitat but almost.
- Track my Weight Watcher points and activity everyday except Saturday. Yeah, well, not so much. Not counting Saturdays (we’ve had two this month so far) that leaves ten days I should have tracked and I tracked five. Really not doing well toward meeting this goal. But I tracked my breakfast for today. Here we go…
- Hug and kiss my husband Paul when he leaves and returns home from work and before we go to bed. (And when the mood strikes otherwise). This is still a work in progress. Oh sad, huh? But honest. We had a wonderful 24 hours in the New Mexico mountains and even if we don’t kiss as much as I like, I know Paul loves me and I love him. More work to be done before I can mark this goal as met.
- Do something specifically for me, for myself once a week. (Get a mani, or scrapbook, or cross stitch, paint). I haven’t worked on my cross stitch or scrapbooking this month. I haven’t painted and need to get my booty back to Hobby Lobby to finish my painting over there. I have had a mani and pedi. More work to be done here, too.
So here’s what I am proposing for the remainder of November.
I am going to keep the same goals until the beginning of December and I am going to introduce a new goal. Drum roll, please…
New November goal:
- Detox with an Epsom salts bath or soak in the hot tub four days a week. My daughter Brennyn is a nurse. A fellow nurse and friend of hers, Amy, pinned a link to information on the healthfulness of detoxing through Epsom salts baths. I followed the pin to its source and discovered Ceara at her blog DIY Confessions. Ceara’s blog post about detoxing links to a 2012 article by Vanessa Romero entitled:
Still with me? Good. Romero’s article and Caera’s blog post outline the reasons for taking detox baths. I won’t reinvent the wheel by posting their great information here but will suffice it to say this bath-taking business might be a really good thing. So I am going to try it. Will get back to you by the end of the month on my initial thoughts on detoxing.
So there it is…the good, the bad and the ugly. My progress (or lack there of) toward meeting my goals. Overall, I am thinking about my goals daily, beating myself up a little bitty bit on the days when I don’t track, don’t exercise or don’t meet Paul at the door with a great big smooch!
Practice makes perfect. Still working toward perfection over here.
Hugs and sticky kisses,