Good Monday morning, friends!
Starting off this second week of August with a post that was fun and easy to do. My friend Sheila at Making the Most of Every Day invited her readers to join in for a Q&A series call “TBB Asks” hosted by the gals at The Blended Blog. I thought answering these 23 questions would be fun. And would give you guys a chance to get to know me a little better. So I accepted Sheila’s invite and here we are.
The 23 Questions
The 23 Answers
- Pool, lake or ocean? All three. Why pick when you can have all three and throw in creek, brook and river for the win.
- Camping, cottage or hotel? At this age, probably cottage. Loved camping when I was younger but almost sounds like work now days.
- Favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky Road
- PJ’s, nightgown, T-shirt/shorts or birthday suit? Most often PJs. Poor PC. Occasionally (those Saturday nights once in a blue moon) I will don a nightgown that borders on lingerie.
Pajamas and darling granddaughter
- Favorite summer beverage? Flavored iced tea followed by La Croix water.
- Would you rather be hot or cold? This one is easy and has only one definitive answer. HOT.
- Sandals with heels or flats? Generally flat sandals. Although, I like both.
- Shorts or skirts? Am I skinny or chubby? Chubby me can’t fit into her skirts right now but curiously, my shorts still fit. So shorts. I am chubby right now.
Skirt or shorts?
- Sit in the shade or the sun? Waaaa! Because of years of sitting in the sun (often greased up with Panama Jack or baby oil), I am now sitting in the shade.
- Water, tea or soda? Flavored tea without sugar or water. Soda if we are watching a movie. Beer anytime.
- Fave summer fruit, vegetable. Our very own peaches. So cutie. So juicy and sweet. Also like really good corn on the cob. But it has to be really good.
- Sunrise or sunset? Metaphorically, sunrise. For watching and photographing in real life, sunset.
Sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days
- Bike ride or walk? Bike, bike, bike.
- Winery or brewery? Hmmm. If I have to pick or give up my first born, winery. But attending “Cork and Screw” … no, that’s not right… “Cork and Tap” this weekend so I can have both. (Turned out it’s “Tap and Cork”!)
Winery or brewery?
- Garden or no garden? Vegetable, sadly no. Flower, alas, sadly no. Cactus and rock…oh, yeah, baby! Read more here.
- Big summer concert or music in the park? Or music in my head?? Park, please.
Music under the stars at the park
- Fave cookout food. Love brats. And Sarah’s honey shrimp.
- Dine indoors or patio? Patio, unless it is cold…see question 6 or super sunny, see question 9.
- Fave summer destination. Beach. Specifically, Mexican or French beach? But Galveston will do nicely.
Fave summer destination
- Big theme park or local carnival? Local carnival.
- Drinks blended or on the rocks. On the rocks, please.
- Popsicle or Freezie flavor choice. Eww, they hurt my old teeth. But something red or coconut.
- Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger unless the hot dog is really a bratwurst, see question 17.
That was fun! I love the silly quizzes on Facebook…how many kids will you have? (somehow based on your face/profile photo), what kind of teacher would you be? what’s your nationality? (based on…your face!). And I enjoy doing tests like the Myers-Briggs personality type indicator. How ’bout you?
So here’s your assignment as a follow-up to today’s post. Pick 3 of the 23 questions above to answer for me in a comment below. That way I will get to know you a little better, too! And then be sure to stop by Sheila’s blog and The Blended Blog to see how others answered these same questions.
Hoping to finally share a book review or two this week, and another recipe for “Tasty Tuesday”, and might even open up “My Fashion Haus” to share a recent purchase from Jacket Society. Won’t you stop back by?
Thank you, sweet friends, for hangin’ out with me today. Wishing you a beautiful week.
Hugs and kisses,