Hello, dear ones!
Linking up today for a quick Q&A with the gals at The Blended Blog for another edition of their “TBB Asks” series. Today’s questions are holiday-themed and were fun to answer. Hope they will be fun for you to read, too.
15 Holiday Questions: TBB Asks
- Real or fake tree? Fake. But I spray it with balsam fir fragrance and use balsam fir air fresheners all over the house in hopes of diminishing the plastic smell a bit.
- Favorite Christmas cookie? Lemon almond cookies. Check out the recipe, here. We had a near-catastrophe at our house last year when I thought I had lost the recipe for these cookies. They are the girls’ favorite cookie. I looked on the Internet and found what seemed like a very similar recipe from what I could remember. We baked a batch and they were delicious. After Christmas, when I was putting the house back together, I found my recipe. It had fallen between the cushions on the couch. When I compared the two recipes, they were identical!
- Home on Christmas morning or traveling? Home. Almost always.
- Clear or colored lights? Clear. More like icicles and snowflakes, in my eyes.
- Send Christmas cards? Not any more. Sometimes I send an ecard from Jacquie Lawson.
- Favorite Christmas present received? A little cardboard playhouse I received from Santa when I was about 6 years old.
- Favorite Christmas present given? New bedroom furniture, bedspreads, curtains, pictures on the wall, decorations for each of my daughters the year I bought my first house. I was a single mom and I tucked the girls into my bed on Christmas Eve. Then I took their new furniture up to their rooms. Made their beds with all new linens. Hung pictures and curtains then arranged nick-knacks on their books shelves. When everything was perfect, I carried each daughter up to her room and that’s where they woke up on Christmas morning.
- Stockings or no stockings? Yes!
- Christmas PJs? No, but maybe this year?
- Favorite Christmas carol? Silent Night. I love the lines “Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child. Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace.”
- Favorite holiday tradition? Setting out gifts the gifts from Santa and filling the stockings with trinkets.
- Early shopper or last-minute? Depends on my bank account. I try to start by Thanksgiving but often don’t know when to quit and can be buying gifts up to the Christmas eve!
- Favorite Christmas movie or show? George C. Scott in “A Christmas Carol”, Jimmy Stewart’s “It’s a Wonderful Life” and the original Waltons show with Patricia O’Neal, “The Homecoming”.
- Favorite holiday beverage? Mexican hot chocolate. You HAVE to try my recipe, here.
- Cookies and milk for Santa? Always. Because that means I get to eat them!
You’ve read the questions and you’ve read my answers. So now tell me in a comment below how you would answer some of these. What’s your favorite holiday beverage? Do you have special Christmas pajamas? Please tell me all about your Christmas preferences and celebrations!
As I type this, I am curled up on the couch of my mom’s apartment in Lexington, Kentucky. So glad to be able to get up to see her again. She is an amazing 90 years old and going strong. Meet my mom in a post I wrote a year ago, here. We are headed to Ohio tomorrow for a couple of days and then will be back to Kentucky on Friday.
Hugs and kisses,