Unbelievable that in a month, we will bid summer 2018 a fond farewell. To be honest, I am ready to be done with 100* temps and mosquitoes. We never have mosquitoes and this year we have had to wear OFF in the house. What’s that about? Today I bought my first pumpkin of the 2018 autumn season. Looking forward to getting out all of my fall decor on the first of September and jumping into fall with both feet. That includes winding up my 2018 summer bucket list and putting together my 2018 autumn bucket list. Have you started thinking about YOURS?
Before I get ahead of myself, though, let’s review my progress on this season’s list.
2018 Summer Bucket List: Update, 08.2018
- Attend Brennyn and Mustafa’s wedding celebration. Done, as you can see here.
- Buy colorful pots to set out in the rock gardens. Not yet but that’s on my list to do while PC is out of town.
- Celebrate the girls’ birthdays. Not exactly but done. Neither of my daughters were here for their birthdays. Didn’t know when I put this activity on bucket list, what their birthday plans would be. But because we were together in June, it just wasn’t possible for us to be together again the end of July for all of the birthdays. Hoping that next year, we can do another beach birthday party.
- Date hop downtown. Oh, yes! PC and I kind of planned it together. It was a wonderful evening. We started with drinks at DeadBeach, a local brewery and tavern. We sat outside on the patio, which was lovely on this summer evening. I ventured inside just to check out the bar, cute! My Prince had a Peachbreaker beer and I had a Chi-Hua-Hefe beer. Also sampled a glass of their red and white wine. From DeadBeach, we walked to Anson 11 for dinner. After our walk, we chose to sit inside the restaurant rather than on their patio out front. Entering the bistro, was like stepping back in time, with its large mirrors, dark woods, warm lighting. Dinner was delicious and the waiter surprised us with a sweet anniversary dessert.
- Family photo. Yup. Took advantage of all of us being together to do a big selfie. Not the best photo in the world but we are all in it! Check us out, here.
- Host summer book club. Oh, yeah. And guess what? The gals have asked me to keep it going even after we say goodbye to summer! How ’bout them apples? Would love to have you join us. Let me know in a comment below if you are interested and I will sign you up.
- Movie at Alamo Drafthouse. As I explained last month, no need to go to the Alamo Drafthouse because our neighborhood AMC theater has steppe up their game with heated, reclining seats and adult beverages.
- Participate in the summer style challenge and share 3 outfits. Yes, ma’am. See those outfits here. And the Get Your Pretty On (GYPO) fall style challenge will begin on September 7. Would LOVE to have you sign up through my affiliate link and join me for the fun.
- Plan special anniversary celebration. Killed 2 birds with one stone by celebrating our anniversary with our downtown date hop.
- Plant cactuses and succulents. Yes and going back for more! Walmart has the cutest little succulents on clearance for $2.74. Just in case you have planting cactus and succulents on your summer bucket list.
- Take part in dance classes, a 5K or some other physical activity. Pending. PC has to work in North Carolina most of next month. I am planning to sign up for something to keep me busy while he is gone.
- Try 3 new restaurants. A third of the way completed. The restaurant we visited on our anniversary date was new to us. Asked our massage therapist for some suggestions so looking forward to trying one of them this weekend.
- Visit a winery or attend Tap and Cork. Visited St. Clair winery and bistro when my sister visited. Check that out, here. And PC and I attended Tap and Cork a few weekends ago.
- Watch sunset from Transmountain. Nope but there was a pretty sweet sunset from our pool last night.
- Water activity in Ft. Worth. As you can read, here, had to scrap this one.
By my count, that’s 10 activities completed, 1 underway (3 new restaurants), 1 nixed (water activity in Ft. Worth), and 2 left to do. But that’s not 15. What’s missing? I’ll figure that out and get back to you.
Oh, the pots…the colorful pots. So, need to get the pots, finish going to 3 new restaurants, and watch the sunset from Transmountain.
How’s your progress coming on your summer bucket list? Won’t you share your update by linking up with us below?
Then start putting together your autumn bucket lists, girls. We will share next month, on 09.21.2018. Mark your calendars and help me make this the biggest bucket list link-up yet.
Hugs and kisses,