Peaceful Sunday to you, ladybugs, and welcome to 10 on the 10th 07.2022. For today’s edition we are sharing the top 10 things we love (or hate??) about summer. It’s been a couple of months since I participated in this, my own series!! But my dear friend Marsha from Marsha in the Middle has done a remarkable job holding down the fort in my absence. So thankful we are co-hosting the 10 on the 10th series together this year.
Last month Marsha posed 10 questions all about vacationing. I was just getting back to blogging at the time. You can read my responses, here. Next month we have a surprise planned for this series. Hope you will mark your calendars and plan to join us.
10 on the 10th 07.2022
This month we are asking you to consider the top 10 reasons you love summer. But we realized that not everyone does love summer. So, for those who don’t, we are hoping you will share the 10 reasons you dislike this season. Personally, there are things I really like about all the seasons but fall is my all time favorite. How ’bout you?
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
10 Things I Love About Summer
Out of curiosity, I did a Google search for just that…the 10 things to love about summer. Most of the articles listed the same kinds of things. And some of those same things appear on the list I put together last week. Of the different articles I read, this one on Best Life had the most unique things to love about this season. Like summer hair. Summer movies. And summer songs!! Could add all 3 of those to my list…but then I would have 13 things I love about summer!!
Without further delay, I give you the 10 things I love about summer.
First, There’s The…
- Slower pace to life. At least theoretically. Kind of depends on how crazy LIFE is at the moment. But in general, I think we all move at a more relaxed pace during the warmer months. Probably in hopes of staying cooler!!
- Summer smells. Mmmm, the Best Life article mentioned some of these, too. I thought of freshly mown grass, watermelon, flowers in bloom. Summer fragrances with notes of beach and sand and coconut. That glistening, exotic suntan oil smell.
- Seasonal flavors. Fresh fruit that we don’t generally eat any of the 3 other seasons. All of the melons and varieties of berries. Grilled meat and vegetables. Even fruity summer drinks.
- Shoes and shoelessness. I like the ease of summer shoes. You can slip them on and kick them off. Sandalas and flip flops that are almost as good as going barefoot. And then being shoeless. My daughter Brennyn reminds me all the time about the importance of grounding myself. Healthline defines grounding as “a therapeutic technique that focuses on realigning your electrical energy by reconnecting to the earth.” [source] When she talks about grounding, Brennyn means going barefoot in the grass. But lying on the ground and swimming in natural bodies of water are also methods of grounding. I enjoy walking barefoot in our yard for a few minutes in the morning.
- Sun-sational summer colors. They’re like spring colors on steroids. Brighter, more vibrant. Gimme all the green. The melons and corals and all the beachy colors.
- Skin-baring clothing. Summer clothes are just easier. Tee shirts and shorts. Sundresses. Bathing suits and coverups. Spaghetti straps (not for me but a girl can dream). Cold shoulder tops. Distressed denim. All give you more freedom to move.
And Don’t Forget About…
- Dining al fresco. I love to eat outside. We don’t have mosquitos in our yard, and really not many in El Paso. So, eating outside is delightful. Unless it is too hot. But then most restaurants have misters. While we don’t have a mister on our patio, it is covered. And there’s always a breeze.
- Travel opportunities. Fall is my favorite season and I enjoy taking road trips in the fall. But summer is the season we associate with vacations and travel. Hoping we can squeeze in a quick getaway toward the end of summer.
- Body looks better. I do realize that sun worshipping is unhealthy and no longer smiled upon but I look better with a little more color to my skin. Which doesn’t mean I lay out anymore. But I enjoy being outside and if I tan a little while I am out there, all the better. We tend to exercise more in the summer, too. I am a little more toned.
But Best of All…
- Our anniversary. We were married on 07.11.2008 after dating for a little over 5 years. My daughters were both with us at the courthouse on our wedding day. Two months later, in September, we had our marriage and new home blessed so that is like a second anniversary day. I am thankful every.single.day. for my precious PC.
It has taken me almost 24 hours to get this post finished. Had it almost done but wanted to add some images and that slowed things down. Hope you will link up your post now and then join me in visiting some of the others playing along with us.
Thanks again to Marsha for holding the fort down in my absence.
Anxious to start the week and hopefully get some things done around here. We are finally going to make arrangements to have the repairs done on our pool. And I am having lunch with several friends tomorrow and breakfast with another pal on Tuesday. Also going to the doctor for this post-Covid loopy feeling, the twitching in my left eye that has gone on for almost 2 weeks and the numbness in my right hand. Plus several drop-in visits with my puppy pals. Busy week already!!
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a most excellent week at your house!!
Hugs and kisses,