Friends and fam, in keeping with the spirit of Valentine’s Day, the prompt for 10 on the 10th 02.2020 is 10 lovable things about my Prince Charming. So glad to be able to share a few of the things I love about my husband. If not already, I hope that after reading this you will see what a very lucky gal I am!
10 on the 10th 02.2020
When I started this blog, it was just a way for me to fill my idle hours after recent retirement. I thought I would stop by here now and again to share a book review or to talk about how I was rediscovering myself. But it has morphed into more of a journal with posts about my life, my family, my hobbies sprinkled with the occasional recipe, book review and glimpse into my fashion haus.
Daily, I wonder why I think anyone would be interested in reading what I did yesterday or cooked for dinner last week. But I am blessed that there are some folks out there that find a little nugget in my words, in these posts and online pages. Maybe somehow my struggles and successes in navigating life after retirement have helped someone else negotiate a similar chapter in their life.
Anyway, just glad to have this space to help me find my way. And always glad when you stop by.
10 Lovable Things About My Prince Charming
As you probably remember, I have been married too many times. But it took all of those frogs and cases of mistaken identity – guys who I mistook for my Prince Charming to find my real, true PC. While I am sad, embarrassed by my marriage mistakes, even if I could I wouldn’t undo them with the wave of a magic wand. Because they are what helped me recognize a truly good man when I met Paul.
These are just some of the things I love about him.
First Five In No Particular Order
- Paul Clingan is a good man. In all that statement encompasses. Fair, loyal, responsible, honest, a model citizen.
- PC has stick-to-it-ness. What’s a better word for that? Perseverance? He soldiers on. Stays the course. On our first date, I was most impressed with the fact that he had been married for close to 15 years. Had stuck it out through thick and thin until there was no possibility of his marriage continuing. At that point, Paul had been in the military for about 20 years. Had made a career out of a decision he made to enlist at the age of 18. PC has been a Cincinnati Reds fan for years. If you know anything about the Reds, that says it all!!
- My Prince is patriotic. Aside from my brother Kevin, and my father, I know no other man more patriotic. He loves this country.
- He is intelligent. Paul knows a lot about a lot. How’s that for a poorly written sentence? But it is accurate. He knows a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff. PC is well read. Much more so than I. When he wrote me on Match.com, I was bedazzled that he could spell, use correct grammar and punctuate a sentence properly.
- Paul is quick-witted and funny. Usually so quick-witted that it takes me a minute to catch up. He can be intentionally humorous but has a boyish charm about him, a little bit of sweet innocence that I like best.
- My P. Charming is balanced. Which is an area where we are opposites. An area where we can, at times, butt heads. I react, usually with my heart. He ponders, waits, responds with his head. My personality reads like an arrhythmia. His reads like normal heartbeat. Like that Valentine’s Day heart reference?
- PC is coordinated. Another area where we are different. I have 2 left feet and knocked knees. Paul can play any sport, even play baseball and chew bubble gum at the same time. He can dance even though he thinks he can’t. PC is the only man I have slow danced with who took the lead away from me! And I liked it!
- Paul is polite. He is helpful and mannerly. PC has a sweet heart. See what I did there? When we stop at a red light where there is someone begging, PC feels so torn about whether or not to help them. Would any money we give the person truly help them (to purchase food, necessities) or possibly hurt them (go to the purchase of drugs, alcohol, cigarettes? – a word I struggled to spell).
- My Prince C. is good with money and a good provider. More proof that opposites attract. He can talk himself out of buying anything. Except maybe a new car, once in awhile. He’s a saver. It was hard for me to turn over the financial reins to Paul, after handling them (with meager success) in all my other relationships. Now days, when he says on the last day of each month, “It’s bill-paying day,” it’s music to my ears. I know our bills will be paid, and there will still be money in the bank.
- He’s extremely good-looking. Have you seen my guy? Where his ability to write a complete sentence might have been the first thing that got my attention on Match.com, that was quickly followed up by his good looks. Deep blue eyes, great skin, head full of thick, soft hair. On our first date, Paul wore a rather loose fitting pair of jeans and short-sleeved shirt. I couldn’t tell too much about how he was built so went in for a hug when, after dinner, he walked me to my car. Let’s just say, I was pleased with what I felt!
It’s true, I’ve kissed my fair share of frogs. But I am truly blessed this Prince Charming, my Paul Clingan reached out to me on Match.com, almost 16 years ago and somehow saw something he liked.
Feature 10 on the 10th Posts
Won’t you consider joining me for this post and upcoming 10 on the 10th posts? Here are the prompts.
Next month, will be look forward to spring!!
Even if you don’t blog, you can still play along. Just leave 10 lovable things about your significant other in a comment below!! If you are a blogger with a 10 on the 10th 02.2020 post, please link up with me.
Thank you for coming by today. Off to make soup and take a little walk in the sunshine. Enjoy your week. And PC, if you are reading this, I love you.
Hugs and kisses,