Sweet eaters and readers,
It’s the 10th of the month which means it’s time for Erin’s 10 on the 10th link-up. And being that October is the 10th month of the year, today’s post is actually 10 on the 10th of the 10th!
Our prompt is 10 favorite fall recipes so you are going to want to visit the blogs of all the gals participating and pin to your heart’s content.
10 Favorite Fall Recipes
If we have been pals for any time at all, you no doubt know that I am very cozy with my crock pot. Trying to develop that same relationship with my InstaPot without feeling like a two-timer. But it’s been slow going. I have to think a little harder using my InstaPot. With the crock pot, I just remove the lid, turn it on and throw ingredients in its general direction. Six hours later, dinner is served. Once we get back from Phoenix, I am going to set a goal of using my InstaPot at least once a week.
Today, however, I am sharing 10 tried and true favorites around our castle. Some of them are crock pot dishes, all of them are quick, easy and most importantly, tasty.
Hot Soup on a Cold Day
Soups and chilis have to be my favorite fall foods. Every couple of months, PC suggests we go on our soup diet. Which isn’t a diet at all but who am I to argue with him. I break out the crock pot and pull out the soup recipes. Here are some of my go-to soups.
- Chicken Detox Soup: This is a great soup to jump start our ‘soup diet’ because it is low calorie and chock full of nutrition.
- Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Soup: This tasty soup warms from the inside out thanks to the perfect amount of heat from its namesake ingredient – jalapeño peppers. But it is mild enough for even my PC’s sensitive tummy.
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup: Going to make you wait for this recipe! Featuring it next week on Tasty Tuesday. So, mark your calendar, your agenda, your planner…meet me back here on 10.16.2018 for this delicious recipe.
- Cheesy Party Burgers: This is one of those dishes that is even better as leftovers. Put together some of these sandwiches to enjoy while watching Sunday night football.
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin: It doesn’t get any easier than this, girlsies. Root beer, BBQ sauce, pork loin and mama’s favorite gadget. Six hours on low, and you have tender, flavorful meat to shred for some scrumptious pulled pork sammies. Add some slaw, your favorite macaroni or potato salad and touch down, baby!
- Jalapeño Poppers: I shared this recipe here on the blog in July. These are PC’s favorite sides to go with hamburgers on the grill. He asks for them regularly. Might be really tasty paired with the pulled pork or cheesy party burgers on game day.
- Crock Pot Salisbury Steak: Home cooking at its best. The fam, the hubs will swear you’ve been cooking all day long. And if you hide the crock pot in the closet while its cooking, no one will ever know the difference. You’re welcome!
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie: Funny, I had forgotten until I reviewed the recipe that this is a crock pot meal, too! I originally shared it two years ago for a virtual progressive dinner I was hosting with the gals at The Blended Blog. Until that time, I had never measured out the ingredients. That’s kind of the way I roll. Each time I make this recipe, or any other, it’s a new adventure! And nothing ever tastes the same way twice.
- Monte Cristo Casserole: Ok, finally…here’s a recipe that doesn’t require a crock pot. Just an oven. We have enjoyed this casserole at breakfast and dinner which makes it perfect for brunch. Great way to use holiday leftovers. Warm out of the oven, drizzled with syrup, honey or jam.
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls: I’ve seen these called lots of different things…sopapilla cheesecake bars, cheesecake bars, breakfast cheese Danish. Whatever name you call them by, you’ll also be calling them good! Nothing like starting your day off with a warm breakfast. And pop-tarts in the toaster don’t qualify!
See anything you might like to try with your brood? If you give any of these recipes a try, I sure would like to know what you think. But only if you liked it! Ha!
Please be sure to run by Erin’s at Simple, Purposeful Living to check out her easy dinner recipes. If you like, we can head over there together. But before we do, on 10.23.2018 a group of gals and I will be hosting a soup swap blog hop! That’s a mouthful! Be sure to add that date to your planner…10.23.2018, another Tasty Tuesday. And then hope you’ll come back next Tuesday, 10.16.2018, for the chicken pot pie soup recipe I promised above.
In preparing this post, I realized that all my foodie graphics are the same colors! A whole lotta brown. What’s that about? Would almost lead you to believe I burn everything!
Let’s go to Erin’s…
Hugs and kisses,