Scrambling tonight to finish up this post even before the month’s end as I am leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning for Munich, Germany. Saying that I feel like a game show host announcing the grand prize. Who’d a thunk I would ever go to Germany? Pinch me.
Let’s get to it so I can throw some clothes at my suitcase and hop into bed.
Sentence a Day, 9.2017
Had a hard time getting started this month. Seems I finish up a month of sentences but forget to start again for the new month; case in point, I didn’t start September’s sentences until 9.4.2017. Better late than never, I always say…everyday as I arrive three minutes late to work!
Library and Labor Day
- So glad it’s Friday; applied for the librarian vacancy at Whitaker but the district’s library administrator reminded me I could only be hired if there is no one else qualified for the job. 9.1.2017
- Planning our trip to Germany in the hot tub tonight after a second fantasy football draft and first hike of the fall. 9.2.2017
- Bike ride to the gym, swim in the chilly pool water after, Harvest Wine Festival and a seafood feast at Red Lobster. 9.3.2017
- A stay-at-home, labor-free Labor Day, just the way I like it. 9.4.2017
- Jumped into formal library classes with both feet today; so grateful for my parent volunteer Oralia. 9.5.2017
- Classes on library rules with 4th & 5th graders making library constitutions, 3rd making library super hero posters, and 1st graders learning how we care for books like babies; (forgive the run-on) have had reunions with 4 former babies this week…heartwarming. 9.6.2017
Struggling to Keep My Balls in the Air
- Girls, this working business is whooping my behind…six classes and tutoring yesterday, four classes and tutoring today, and still weeding, organizing, dusting, moving all of the books in the library and yet, we went to the gym (grumbled the whole way) and I cooked dinner when we got home…gold star for me. 9.7.2017
- Pizza for dinner makes everything better. 9.8.2017
- Love the uninhibited feeling that comes from a (small) stein of beer at Oktoberfest. 9.9.2017
- Woke up too early in order to work on a blog post, spent most of the afternoon helping PC cut our new thermal cover to fit the pool, grilled cheese and tomato soup for supper while watching the Cowboys-Giants game. 9.10.2017
- 9/11…how is it sixteen years since the devastating day that changed our country forever; weeded books til my hands hurt, gym, swim in our 90 degree pool water (thank you, new pool cover), steak and Sarah’s honey garlic shrimp for dinner, “Bachelor in Paradise” ended with a proposal. 9.11.2017
- My neck xrays came back ok with all the hardware in place which is great but why is my right side hurting so much? 9.12.2017
- Struggling so with concern and sadness for the librarian I am subbing for at Whitaker; find myself waking up thinking of her in the middle of the night. 9.13.2017
Payday, Fri-YAY and Akeovermay
- Finally payday and yet, I was shorted pay for the presentation I gave in August. 9.14.2017
- TGIFri-yay, busy day at work but accomplished much and it is the weekend! 9.15.2017
- Having trouble remembering to write my sentences…living life is getting in the way of writing about it…mini-makeup makeover at Sephora which resulted in spending much too much money for new cosmetics. 9.16.2017
- Long, satisfying Sunday biking to the gym, swimming and floating in the pool, Philly cheese steak sandwiches for dinner, lots of ho-hum football. 9.17.2018
- Labeled AR books all day long in the library, introduced research to my intervention kids, good chat with the Whitaker principal, ironing after dinner with one eye on another unexciting football game but both of my fantasy teams won this week. 9.18.2017
To Work or Not to Work, That is the Question
- So torn about whether or not I should interview for this library job full-time…I miss the slower pace of my life but love my work but my house is a mess but I feel like I am making a difference but my house is a mess, I have a mountain of ironing and my house is a mess…but I love having a payday. 9.19.2017
- PC was so thoughtful to suggest Subway for supper…we sat with our backs to the TV and talked while eating our sammies from stools at the island in the kitchen. 9.20.2017
- Difficult day – received a text early from my friend Elisa, the AP at Whitaker, saying the former librarian died early this morning; faculty, staff and students were all distraught so counselors across the district were brought in to help deal with the sadness; interviews were canceled, of course. 9.21.2017
- My Prince brought me lunch, vacuumed and mopped the downstairs and cleaned the pool; we are both sad that he leaves for Germany tomorrow morning at 6:00 am; Lauren convinced us that she smelled gas (I had been complaining of smelling it, too) – house call by emergency plumber proves that our noses were right…gas leak. 9.22.2017
Retail Therapy and Comic Relief for a Day
- All girls’ day with Lauren and Lucia=pool time, lunch at Chico’s Tacos, outlet mall shopping, Hobby Lobby and a glass of wine for a night cap; already missing my PC, though. 9.23.2017
I Need a Hug
- First full day without my Prince; the kids left for home at lunchtime, that Lucia is absolutely precious; pulled out my boxes of fall decorations but that’s as far as I got; withdrew my name from those being interviewed for the library position at Whitaker. 9.24.2017
- Scrambling to finish up some of the projects I have undertaken at Whitaker; will miss the babies and the few friends I have made in my short stay, and even my intervention kids that I tutor everyday…they have quite grown on me; gas leak repaired and now water heater won’t light. 9.25.2017
- Each time I leave a school, a little of my heart stays behind; my heart delights in the hugs and hellos I receive from the children I work with. 9.26.2017
- Funeral home visitation was a lovely tribute to Pat but incredibly sad; why do people opt for an open casket after a months of illness? 9.27.2017
- Pay day, goodbyes at another school…tried to slip away but to no avail, a little part of my heart breaks at every school. 9.28.2017
- Got to the airport then decided to fly (as in driving super fast) back home to get my good camera after Lauren told me I could plug it in to recharge the battery since my battery charger has wandered off, got behind a funeral procession on my way back to the airport; slept on plane to Munich, arrived feeling refreshed and ready to tour Dachau. 9.29.2017
- My 29th and 30th kind of melded into one long day; Dachau was eeriely quiet and sad, drive to Berchtesgaden was lovely, quaint B&B, pasture land, chalets, mountains and fall foliage. 9.30.2017
Was September an easy month of transition for you or did you struggle, too? Truly looking forward to waking up on Sunday, knowing it is a shiny new month. Anxious to be reunited with my PC in the land of fairy tales, enchanted forests and cuckoo clocks! I keep threatening to buy one for our home. If I am not already cuckoo enough, that would be the finishing touch.
Have a “Sentence a Day,9.2017” post to share? Link-up with us below!
Or get started writing those sentences for October so you can join in next month.
Thank you for coming by. I hope to have bright, cheerful, hope-filled sentences for you next time. Thank you for sticking with me through the ups and the downs of life.
Hugs and kisses,