Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July, in the U.S. or elsewhere. We had my kind of day, L-A-Z-Y, but still got in a workout at the gym, a swim in the pool and fireworks after sunset. Now to remember to write that for my sentence a day!!
As you no doubt know by now, if it’s the first Thursday of the month, it’s time for Sentence a Day. Sentence a Day, 06.2018, to be exact. The link-up where we capture a glimpse of our lives in a single (often run-on) sentence a day. Here’s how my June looked. I don’t know about you, but I blinked and June was gone!
Sentence a Day, 06.2018
Don’t let this get out but I started my sentences 4 days behind.
A Little Bit Sick and Tired
- My trip to Albuquerque-Cleveland-Lexington-Cleveland-Albuquerque and home caught up with me in the form of a sore throat, hoarseness and coughing and what feels like a fever despite what our 2 thermometers are telling me. 06.01.2018
- Saturday means baseball and another loss for the El Paso Yankees, followed by lunch at Jason’s Deli, walking around the shops at the Fountains, picking up new beach-inspired fragrances at Bath and Body, a mile(!) swim in the pool, and Live PD to wrap up a good day. 06.02.2018
- Perfect Sunday with grits for breakfast at Golden Corral (hadn’t been there in years and now remember why), gym workout and time on the hydromassage bed, lazying around awaiting a quick but violent summer storm, bike ride in the coolness afterward. 06.03.2018
- Tired of little bits of crazy everyday; after yesterday’s rain, our pool filter was on the fritz today until I figured out what was wrong (yay for me!), joined retired teacher friends Nancy and Dolores to watch “The Book Club”, another good gym workout, the worries with both of my daughters continue, began my summer decorating. 06.04.2018
2018 Summer Virtual Book Club
- Such a pleasant surprise to see how many gals are enjoying our first read for the virtual book club, does a heart good. 06.05.2018
God Bless America and Our Military
- Thinking of the lives lost at Normandy, and in so many other battles since; remembering our trip to France in 2009. Finished putting away my spring decor and decorating for summer, vacuumed, mopped, ironed, blogged, walked while listening to my book, Brennyn had a difficult stressful day at work, which hurt my mama heart. 06.06.2018
Getting Back in the Swing of Things
- Could not wake up this morning…didn’t even see PC off to work, but roused about 7:45 am and decided to squeeze in a quick mountain-side walk before picking up my Walmart order, then going to the doctor, window shopped after my appointment for some items on the GYPO summer challenge shopping list, took a nap (am so tired), swam almost a mile, fixed my prince hamburgers, jalapeño poppers, and peanut butter criss-cross cookies. 06.07.2018
- Lazy start to the day, deep tissue massages for us both at noon, window shopping continued at the Outlet Mall with no luck finding olive shorts, dipped ice creams on the drive home, mini-workout at the gym, mile swim, quesadilla dinner. 06.08.2018
- Up early for PC’s baseball game where he jammed his thumb playing catcher, lunch with the gang, quiet time late afternoon to recup after the hours in the sun this morning, quiet evening of Live PD. 06.09.2018
- What a blessed Sunday…early morning yard work, bike ride to the gym, late afternoon swim and float around the pool while listening to The Wife Between Us, our book club read, sweet snuggles from my Prince, potato soup and German sandwiches for dinner. 06.10.2018
- Another sleepless Sunday night, ruminating about the silliest things, breakfast with Lorena, and a quick stop at Whole Foods and Sprouts, home to meet with sprinkler repairman for our leaky sprinklers, spent the afternoon doing laundry and filing a complaint with the State Bar of Texas against the lawyer we hired to represent us in a suit against the pool builder, Mexican pot roast and Mexican corn on the cob for dinner, Bachelorette drama on TV tonight. 06.11.2018
- Spent most of the day working on my elephant collage and Skyping with my sister. 06.12.2018
- Packing for the wedding weekend, mani/pedi. 06.13.2018
Leaving On a Jet Plane
- Waaaay too relaxed getting ready this morning then a mad dash to the airport to catch our plane to Ft. Worth, so glad to be with my girls and their girls, baseball practice with Cady then dinner at Olive Garden. 06.14.2018
- Busy morning running around for last minute wedding things, Afghani dinner and celebration in Dallas, where we met up with my sister Valerie and her hubs Roby, didn’t get back to Ft. Worth til almost 2:00 am. 06.15.2018
- Early baseball game for Cady where she got a hit, a run and made the last play that won them the game, more last minute errands and decorating at the wedding venue, everyone got ready for the big event at our Dallas hotel. Traditional Afghanistan wedding celebration with folk dancing, special ceremony and Afghan buffet, another late night but both our little ones were champs. 06.16.2018
- Slept late, watched Mexico beat Germany in the World Cup prelims, home to Brennyn’s where she and Mustafa hosted 40 family members for pizza dinner and a tour of their new home. 06.17.2018
- A day to recover after the 3-day wedding celebration. 06.18.2018
- Last day in Ft. Worth, up early to send PC on his way home then spent the day loving my daughters, granddaughters and shiny new son-in-law Mustafa, bowling and eating sushi. 06.19.2018
Hey, It’s Great to be Back Home Again
- Sad to say goodbye to Brennyn and Cady, Lauren and Lucia this morning, my flight home arrived at 3:00, Panda Express for dinner while catching up on Bachelorette with my Prince at my side. 06.20.2018
- Slept til 10:00 am under the influence of last night’s Tylenol PM; dreamed of my old school and the library there, spent most of my day blog reading, listening to Into the Water, talking to both daughters, washing clothes and feeling generally exhausted. 06.21.2018
- My Prince had the day off so we enjoyed a nice 2.5 hour-long nap during the heat of the day, rode bikes in the morning and hit the gym then the pool, where I swam another mile. 06.22.2018
- Baseball Saturday in almost unbearable hit…tough loss for the team, hid away from the afternoon sun, then floated around the pool, blog reading and writing and Live PD tonight. 06.23.2018
- My left eye has twitched for weeks…so annoying…today was no exception but enjoyed cutting the grass, gym time, swim time, grilling my father’s recipe for marinated chuck roast. 06.24.2018
- Good to be home and catch up on laundry, ironing, 4th of July decorating, reading and cooking a good dinner. 06.25.2018
- Scrapbooking Tuesday with my sister, only got one page done but enjoyed time with my sister, mixed up a batch of Weight Watchers Taco Soup for dinner, glass of wine tonight. 06.26.2018
Never a Dull Moment
- Another court hearing about our pool…I imagine you are as sick of hearing about our pool as I am thinking about it…have to prepare more documents for the pool builder’s lawyer; applied to volunteer at the Ft. Bliss library, opened my fashion haus for a summer style blop hop, pizza for dinner, 21 days of over 100*F temps, too hot to cook and skipped the gym as well. 06.27.2018
- A day that was kind of back on track with quiet time, reading, walking until time to leave for my thyroid ultrasound, fell asleep on the gurney while the ultrasound was conducted, can’t get rested up; PC had to work late so I bought Subway sandwiches for dinner and took them down to his office, it was fun. 06.28.2018
- Woke up and realized our kitty Purrsnickitty wasn’t in the house; she had gone out with ‘daddy’ in the early evening but had never come back in; I called and called for her to no avail; started walking the neighborhood calling her name; just as I returned home, Snick stuck her head out from under the shed, when I tried to get her to come out and she was too scared to do so. Had to drag her out! So thankful she was safe. 06.29.2018
- Leisurely Saturday morning as there was no ballgame to get up and get to, slept late, gym workout, dinner at Souper Salad and Chihuahuas ball game with fireworks at Southwest University Ball Park. 06.30.2018
I don’t know about you, but I am exhausted just rereading all of this. I hope July will be a slower, calmer month. Want to get settled back into a regular routine. Whatever that is! But this weekend the kids are coming and next week my sister is visiting. Which are both real treats! So back to normalcy after that.
I hear a lot of people my age say that the weeks and months are flying by. Does it seem that way to you? Or is that just my generation’s reality? Walmart is putting out school supplies! And right behind that will be Christmas. But we are still having 100* days so I can’t begin to think of winter yet. Think we are up to 27 days over 100* this year.
If you have a Sentence a Day, 06.2018 post to link-up with us, click on my ex-husband (the frog or is it a toad?), below.
Even if you don’t blog, you can still play along. Write your sentences down and then come back the first Thursday of the month to share some with me in a comment.
Off to bed! Thank you for running by today, my pretties!
Hugs and kisses,