Good morning, girls!
It’s early morning as I start this “Daily Dime, 03.2018” from the airport in Lexington, Kentucky. Waiting to board the plane for home. Yes, those are tears you see in my eyes. Hate leaving my mama; she turns 91 next week. But had such a good visit. Blessed to have her around for another birthday.
Going to vary a bit from the usual “Daily Dime” formula, sharing 10 photos from my 4 day visit rather than from a single day in my life. Thank you for indulging me. Joining Kristen at Taz and Belly for this series.
Daily Dime, 03.2018
12:30 am, 03.09.2018
- Arrived in Kentucky at 10:00 pm on 03.09; my brother was at the airport to meet me. My sister arrived an hour later. When we got ready for bed about midnight, Valerie realized she’d picked up the wrong suitcase at baggage claim. With the airport closed til morning, there wasn’t much we could do. And as she needed contact lens supplies before she could sleep, with no car available to us at that hour, we bundled up in my mom’s winter coats and rain bonnets for the snowy .7 mile trek to Walgreen’s. Here we are in the security camera of the store. Trust me, you should be grateful the photo is small and blurry.
9:00 am, 03.10.2018
- After our escapades the evening before, my sister and I slept in a bit before going down to breakfast with my mom in the dining room at her retirement community.
- Birthday dinner for Mom at O’Charlie’s with Valerie, Kevin and my nephew Jacob. Followed by 8 rounds of Bingo, where I won once, my brother won three times and my mom won the big coverall prize. Finished up the evening with a beer at Bar Louie where we met my brother’s girlfriend LeeAnn.
- Brunch with some of my favorite 90 year-olds and a pretty great 57 year-old, too. Can you pick out my mom? Would love to have you take a moment to read more about why her 91st birthday is a miracle, in a post from this time last year, here.
Early morning, 03.11.2018
- After the birthday festivities, worked on my “10 Spring Cleaning Tips” post until after 1:00 am. When I looked up from my laptop and out the large picture window in my mom’s living room, I was delighted to see a mini-blizzard of feathery snowflakes falling. Woke up again at 4:30 am to check the snow and it was still falling.
- Awoke in the morning to a winter wonderland.
11:00-1:00 pm, 03.12.2018
- Once the sun came out and turned the roads to slush, Valerie and I ventured to nearby Georgetown, Kentucky for scrapbook paper and lunch.
2:00 pm, 03.12.2018
- Queen for a Day at Sugarboo at the Summit. Loved this crown. The store is as fun as its name.
9:00 am, 03.13.2018
- Time to open presents. Although Mom’s birthday is the first day of spring, she opened her gifts today so we could return or exchange anything we needed to. Luckily everything worked!
8:00 pm, 03.13.2018
- Scrapbook page in progress. I did straighten up the things that were crooked!! Hard to see what you’re doing sprawled on the floor. This was the bed and breakfast where we stayed in Bertchesgaden, Germany in October.
6:00 am, 03.14.2018
- Winging my way back home. The sunrise on our approach from Lexington to DFW. Can you see the sliver of moon still out in the eastern skies? Sleepy, sad to leave my mom not knowing when I will see her again. But we had a very good visit. Looking forward to a nap this afternoon with my kitties beside me. Back home in my very own bed.
Happy to report that I have begun transitioning into two shoes! Wearing the boot for the flight home lest I get trampled deboarding the plane by all the folks anxious to be home to El Paso. But so far, so good. Going to try a little bit of walking on the treadmill again later today. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and support on my road to healing.
How would your “Daily Dime, 03.2018″ look? If you were to share photos of the last few days in your life, what would they show? While my photos are not examples of exceptional photography, I hope they reflect some of the love my family shares.
Will be jetting off to Albuquerque for Lucia’s second birthday this weekend. Going to drive and take my kitties with. Should be memorable for several reasons. Then it’s time for spring cleaning. Going to be purchasing some of the spring cleaning tools I mentioned in this post, but don’t have in my arsenal already. Now that my foot is mended, I need to get after this house. And on 03.21.2018, on my mom’s official birthday, we will be revealing our spring bucket and activity lists. Would love to have you join us. If you blog, link-up and if you don’t, you can just leave your list in a comment that day.
Thank you for your readership and friendship! Hope you will come back by again soon.
Hugs and kisses,