Sweet ones, thank you for stopping by to check out today’s update 10.2021 of my autumn bucket list. This is going to be a quick post because I have hardly given my autumn bucket a thought since creating and sharing it with you, here. PC has a 3 day weekend – so we are officially in weekend mode as of tonight – and I hope we might tick off a couple of things while he is off. Fingers crossed.
My daughter Brennyn and granddaughter Cady visited the second weekend of October. Thank goodness they did or I might not have a single green check mark on my list. It was a hectic couple of days because we tried to cram as many experiences as we could into their brief time home. And Bren has favorite El Paso restaurants she always wants to hit up. I hardly cooked a thing which was nice…until I couldn’t get my jeans zipped.
Here’s where we are so far.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
- Fall hike or moonlight walk: we have wanted to take the tin mine hike for several years, would love to do that, or enjoy a moonlight walk on a walking path in the city. ⌛ Not yet.
- Reach lifetime Weight Watchers weight of 138: really need to make this happen before hibernation weather sets in. ⌛ We are tracking WW points again. And I was down to 139.8 last weigh in. On our way!!
- Facial and develop skin care routine: need a facial as summer ends and to find and stick to a skin care routine. ⌛ Have begun using a skin care routine. At least more of a routine than I am used to having – which is generally just washing my face with soap and water. Ha!!
Products I am using.
At night I am using L’Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift triple power anti-aging face moisturizer with pro retinol, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C on my face and RoC Retinol Correxion deep wrinkle night cream on the deepest wrinkles, those on the bridge of my nose between my eyebrows most of all. In the morning, I apply La Roche-Posay Toleriane double repair face moisturizer, oil-free face cream with niacinamide and SPF 30. With all of those ingredients and chemicals, I better see some improvement!! Next Friday, I have an appointment for a facial with Roxie at Essence Spa. Then I can put the big green check mark by this one.
- New to us activity: iFly, Top Golf, ride the trolley, tour downtown via scooters: would love to do any or all of these on a date night. ⌛ Maybe tomorrow night? Would like to ride the trolley downtown to one of our favorite breweries.
- Weekend getaway with PC: We need this so badly. I don’t know where we will go, maybe even just downtown El Paso, but we need a getaway, just the 2 of us. ⌛ We are looking at buy tickets to visit our moms but that doesn’t count as a romantic getaway.
- Family weekend with Brennyn: hoping to do the pumpkin patch, horseback riding, visit Ruidoso, NM and White Sands for photos. ✔️ Yup!! We hit up all of this. Ruidoso for shopping and pizza, White Sands for pregnancy photos and playing in the sand, pumpkin patch and corn maze and on the last day, horseback riding. Why do we say horseback riding? It’s not like there are options – horseback, horsefront riding…
- Use Adventures in Writing to do at least 3 creative writing exercises: want to get back to creative writing and this book has such great prompts. ⌛ Bought the book. You can get yours here. Hoping to do some writing with my friend Christie at So What? Now What?. Stay tuned!!
- Learn to do Instagram Reels or videos and do at least one, continue refocusing blog: my sweet friend Danielle at sent me this link to “Beginners Guide to Instagram Reels – How to Make Reels on IG” when I mentioned to her that I wanted to learn more about Instagram. Now to use that info!! Also hope to continue refocusing my blog on life after retirement. ⌛ I either need more hours in a day or more days in a week. Can’t get find time for everything I want to do.
- Conduct meet and greet with book club, donate to LFL: the members has asked for an interactive experience, so I need to make that happen. Also want to encourage them and YOU to donate to your local Little Free Library. November is Children’s Book Month. ⌛ I had this planned then my Cami came down with hoof and mouth disease and I had to help with Cia in order to try to keep her away from her very contagious baby sister. Hope to get this rescheduled.
- Donate blankets or warm clothes: Our church collects items but might also look for specific individuals who need help. ⌛
- Pumpkin craft activity with The Maker Beehive or Beaded Skull Mosaic with Terri Wright or other fall craft: I have wanted to do another mosaic since I finished my big project during the #100DayProject and my sister and I love doing mixed media projects with Jennifer Chamberlin at The Maker Beehive. ✔️ These projects are so much fun. Absolutely loved making my pumpkins with my sister Valerie. Can’t wait to do our next project together.
- Continue to use 365 Days of Creativity and the Krafty Planner’s journal prompts and Bible journal during my quiet time: my quiet time has kind of morphed or evolved lately. Need to write about that. Both of these tools have been a part of my new morning routine. ⌛ Haven’t spent as much time doing this as I would like. Hopefully next week.
- Try a fall fashion trend, style and share: probably one of the trends shared in the fall 2021 capsule wardrobe with Alison Lumbatis. You can register with my affiliate link and check out the trends, too. ⌛ Not yet.
- Fall mani/pedi, buy a new fall lipstick: not sure if this will be a professional mani/pedi or a do-it-myself job. But will find a great fall polish and lipstick to match. ⌛ Maybe for Thanksgiving??
- Have my colors done: a color master class is available through Get Your Pretty On, here. Have never had my colors done. Maybe it’s time? ⌛ I have purchased the color master class and even got it on sale. Now to take it!!
- Bake seasonal recipe: thinking a fruit cobbler or pie, some kind of bread, a soup or chili. Makes me hungry and happy thinking about it. ✔️ I have made this zucchini bread recently that was delicious. And want to make it again next week. Also made this Cincinnati-style chili recipe but it was not a big hit with either of us. I think if I cut the spice measurements by half, it would be much better. Might try it again. Made a delicious pot of soup tonight. Had to redeem myself after the chili fiasco. Will be sharing the recipe on for our recipe swap and blog hop on Tuesday. And my book club is reading Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty which mentions apple crumble. Looking into a good recipe for that to share. Pics of all of these goodies to follow in my next update.
- Burrito run: we have had a lot of fun with our tamale run last winter, our taco run this spring and know that the burrito run will be equally fun and delicious. ⌛ There’s another thing we could do this weekend.
- Wine tasting: have missed the wine fests we usually hit this time of year…thanks, Covid. And we are about out of wine!! Horrors!! Time to sample some new wine and stock up the wine rack. ⌛ I did do an abbreviated wine tasting at Noisy Water Winery in Ruidoso when we went up to the mountains while Bren and Cady were here. But want to go with PC. And there are lots of wineries that we can take day trips to visit.
Total Progress So Far
So, let me do the math. Out of 18 activities, I only see 3 green check marks. And close (but no cigar) on a couple of other items. Should look a lot better this time next month when I share my next update. Mark your calendars and meet me back here then.
What are activities and hobbies have you enjoyed so far this season? Won’t you share in a comment or link up your bucket list update post below.
Paul came home announcing we were going to try cryogenic therapy this weekend. Not too sure about that since I really hate to be cold. But it will be a new experience!! And they say stepping outside your comfort zone is a great way to stretch and grow. What are you up to this weekend?
Thank you for popping in over here. I appreciate each visit!!
Hugs and kisses,