Amigas, thank you for joining me for my summer 2021 bucket list reveal. Hope if you haven’t done so already, my list will inspire you to create one of your own. Having goals and plans after a year of being unable to do so is a welcome diversion.
But before we get to my summer list, we have some loose ends to tie up on my bucket list for spring.
My Spring 2021 Bucket List
I originally shared my spring 2021 bucket list back on 03.21.2021. My sweet mama’s birthday. Today’s post is my third and final update on my progress on that list.
Spring Bucket List Update 06.2021
All things considered, I think I did pretty well on my spring bucket list. Of the 18 activities, I completed 16. One of those that went uncompleted was really out of my control. On the other activity where I gave myself a big red ❌ I am so close to achieving it but not quite there yet. Bumping it to summer.
Here’s how I wound up for spring.
BODY- 2 checks
- Discover a new hike – tin mines or Hueco Tanks maybe?
- Investigate playing pickleball again – check out the possibility of classes. Our pickleball gym was sold. Now I need to try to find a new place to play. I did check out the possibilities of playing but never got to play. ❌
- Facial and pedi – bumped the facial from winter’s bucket list. Need a pedicure to kick off sandal season. Have enjoyed two facials and finally got that pedi with Lauren before going to Kentucky. Done son.
HEART – 3 checks
- Spring fun – Easter egg hunt with the girls or confetti eggs in the park, bird feeder, plant a garden, blow bubbles?? Some or all. Did most everything in April.
- Try a new date night experience – would like to check out iFly or Top Golf, renting 4-wheelers at Red Sands. We had a reservation for Top Golf this past weekend. But – in the interest of full disclosure – right before we were supposed to go play, we got into a tussle and didn’t go. We have tried new restaurants so going to give this a checkmark anyway.
- Visit a new-to-us restaurant or brewery – maybe something downtown. Tried the Keg and Brew. I had a peanut butter and chocolate ale. Paul had a German beer that was a little less exotic. Plan to go back again soon.
MIND – 3 checks
- Finish mosaic – meet the #100DayProject deadline of 05.31.2021 for completion. Oh, girls, I did it!! I finished this baby. I earned a big huge green check mark for finally completing this 7 year long project.
- Quirky birds collage – participate in another collage workshop with Jennifer at The Maker Beehive. Loved doing this and want to start on my bicycle collage as soon as my sister finishes school for the year.
- Blog facelift – give the blog a fresh look for spring. No fun but done.
SPIRIT – 2 checks
- Begin using new devotional journal – complete Finding Your Path to Faith, Hope & Healing: A Workbook to Enrich Your Journey and begin using the Prayer Journal for Women: 52 Week Scripture, Devotional & Guided Prayer Journal. Never finished Finding Your Path to Faith but will have it done before this month is over. Bumping this activity to summer. ❌
- Attend Easter church services – PC will get his second vaccine on Tuesday and then we will feel more comfortable about attending church.
- Read a self-help book – bumped from my winter bucket list. Looking at How to Be Yourself: Quiet Your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety by Ellen Hendriksen or Keep Sharp: Build a Better Brain at Any Age by Sanjay Gupta.
STOMACH – 3 checks
- Create a spring charcuterie board – my BFF Sharon sent me a charcuterie board book with lots of ideas. Can’t wait to try some of them and share with you. Just under the wire with this one. Put together a board last night. Nothing fancy but very tasty.
- Try 3 new Weight Watcher friendly recipes – make the recipes and add them to the online WW database. Made this shrimp and grits recipe and it was love at first bite. By my calculations, a serving is 8 points. Also tried this cheesy southwest chicken soup; a hearty bowl is 5 points. Made this Thai peanut noodles with chicken recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny (sign me up) on Pinterest.
- Go on a burrito or taco run – pick up burritos or tacos from several local restaurants, maybe some of the tacos mentioned here or the burritos mentioned here and determine the best. We visited 3 taco restaurants and our favorite was El Taquito Loco. Had both the pork and chicken tacos, served with street taco-sized corn tortillas and baked potatoes. The taco bar had limes, onions, cilantro, cucumber and a variety of salsa and pico de gallo. The restaurant was clean and quiet. Not much in the way of atmosphere but the food was delicious.
STYLE – 3 Checks
- Find, pose by and photograph 5 new-to-me murals – style several of the spring 2021 capsule wardrobe pieces for this activity.
- Reach for skirts and dresses more – try wearing a skirt or dress once a week.
- Update warm weather active wear – buy some quality pieces and purge my older things. Well, I didn’t wind up buying big name brand active wear like I originally planned. But I did get some new pieces. New sports bras and new yoga pants with pockets. Purged about a half-dozen pairs of old leggings and about that many sports bras, too. This outfit is a combination of pieces – yoga pants from Marshall’s (RBX brand) and tank top from Amazon.
So, that’s a wrap for spring 2021. Now onto bigger and better…
My Summer 2021 Bucket List
I am keeping the same 6 categories for this season’s list that I have used for all of my recent bucket lists. Doing so helps me create and enjoy activities of all kinds. Those that fall under body are usually physical activities. Heart activities are things I generally do with loved ones. The experiences I list under mind are designed to make me think, feed my brain. Likewise, those under spirit bring inner peace. Style activities revolve around fashion and beauty. And this season I changed the old category stomach to taste buds. These are experiences that involve delighting the taste buds.
Here’s what I have come up with for summer.
- Another new hike – Hueco Tanks or Sitting Bull Falls or maybe we will get to the Tin Mines. This was an activity on my spring list and we did investigate a new hike but not any of the ones I wanted to investigate. So, I am going to try again.
- Skin cancer screening – Have had this on my wellness goals for over a year. It is going to happen this season.
- Meet and maintain within 2 pounds lifetime Weight Watchers weight – My lifetime weight is 138. I was 139.8 on Saturday. Need to get to 138 and stay there!!
- Beach vacation – South Padre Island; we will be vacationing with family and celebrating all the birthdays together
- Balloon fest or water park – Would like to do both of these activities. Hoping Brennyn can come in September and go to the Balloon Fest with us. Thinking Lauren and I can let Cia and Cami play hooky and take the girls to the water park one day.
- Farmer’s market and food truck rodeo in northeast El Paso – If you live in northeast El Paso, you have probably joined me in bemoaning the fact that we have so few activities in our own backyard. The best restaurants and stores are on the east or west sides of town. When I heard we were getting our own farmer’s market out here, I immediately added it to my summer bucket list.
- Write meaningful blog posts – I have been saying that I want to redirect my blog to my original focus. Life after retirement. And writing. Going to force that to happen by putting it on my bucket list.
- Game night once a month – Over the winter we had several game nights and really enjoyed them. Want to bring them back. And maybe have a game night in South Padre, too.
- Summer twist for reading club – My online reading club has been going for several years now and we are up to almost 100 members. This summer, I want to jazz things up and try something new with the gang.
- Write one Thankful Thursday post a month – Want to return to joining my friend Rebecca for this series.
- Start new prayer journal – Bumped from spring. Going to start using the Prayer Journal for Women: 52 Week Scripture, Devotional & Guided Prayer Journal.
- Photo scavenger hunt for summer – Blogging friends Mary-Jo, Ruth and Deb all participate in the summer photo scavenger hunt. I am going to join them. Taking photographs is one way to become more aware in the beauty in the world. You can find the prompts, here.
- Share a beach style post – Don’t worry, this won’t be me in a bikini!! But want to share some of the looks I pack for our summer vacation.
- Purge summer clothes not worn in 2 years – Now that I am volunteering some at the Clothes Closet, I want to donate those warm weather clothes I haven’t worn in a long time.
- Update my pajama game – Poor PC. He will appreciate this one. I really need to do better in the pj department. Time to toss the raggedy pajamas and gowns and replace them with something new.
- Try new treat – Maybe Teapioca boba tea or Aurora rolling ice cream or Nonotelo gelato. Are any of these nummy things familiar to you?
- Find a new breakfast restaurant – No bright ideas for this activity yet. But I am tired of iHop.
- Try 3 new recipes – Using my air fryer, follow my Pinterest board Air Fryer Foodie and/or using my bread machine, follow my Pinterest board Baking Bread. I have these fancy appliances and need to use them.
What are you cooking up to keep yourself active and occupied over the long summer days? Are any of my activities on your summer 2021 bucket list? Please share in a comment below, or on my blog FB page, here. Or if you have a summer fun blog post, please join the linky party.
A mountain of clean clothes awaits me, friends. Need to get them folded and put away before PC gets home. And trying to run on the treadmill several times a week. But our triple digit heat sure makes running in the garage a sweaty proposition!!
Have a peaceful week. Thank you for stopping by. I am linking up this post with my friend Natalie who shares the most exquisite photographs of her hometown Toronto. Hope you will run by to check them out, here.
Hugs and kisses,