By now, I think you know the drill…first Thursday of the month means it’s time for the “Sentence a Day” link-up. However, my sentences tend to be on the long-side…sometimes more like paragraphs. When you are a busy bee like me, it’s hard to sum up a day of life in a couple of words. But I did start out April making a concerted effort to keep to one conjunction and no more than three semi-colons per sentence. Let’s see how I did.
No Rest for the Weary
- Brennyn plays the best April Fool’s Day jokes; got me good today. 4/1/2017
- Good day for yard work. 4/2/2017
- I’m working again…this time in the library at my neighborhood school with lots of former colleagues and old friends. 4/3/2017
- So tired of this wind…yes, I am still complaining about the wind this month. 4/4/2017
- Busy day at school but had the sweetest compliments from students, parents and teachers alike. 4/5/2017
Happy Birthday to Me
- Feelin’ the love on my birthday; turning 59 didn’t hurt a bit. 4/6/2017
- Ok, feelin’ my age today…came home from work and collapsed. 4/7/2017
- Chicken fingers basket + peanuts + Clamato + great seats + handsome company + big win = a great night at the Chihuahua’s game with a fireworks finale 4/8/2017
- We were both grumps today, nuff said. 4/9/2017
- Four classes at school were quick and easy; trained another library sub who coincidentally knows PC. 4/10/2017
National Library Week
- Unbelievable…flowers for the substitute librarian for National Library Week…wow. 4/11/2017
- Walked 11,000 steps today, mostly shelving about a zillion books and then round and round our freshly plastered pool. 4/12/2017
- Went to the bathroom and came back to the library to discover a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a delicious chocolate cake for National Library Week – spoiled rotten – then home to plant sod and fill the pool with water!! 4/13/2017
- Good Friday, that Good Friday…trying times figuring out the pool equipment but my PC and I are a team and we figured it out…high fives Team Charming. 4/14/2017
- First pedi of the season and dipped same toes into our icy pool water. 4/15/2017
- Peaceful Easter morning with time spent outside until late afternoon when I flew to Houston to visit my sister before we head to San Antonio together for the Texas Library Association Annual Conference. 4/16/2017 (Digging my floral bomber outfit I traveled in)
- Weeded books, one of my favorite librarian duties, at Valerie’s school library. 4/17/2017
Texas Library Association Conference & Girl Time
- Giggled all the way from Houston to San Antonio via a scrapbook store in New Braunfels then all around the Riverwalk once we arrived. 4/18/2017
- Have mercy, walked 19,000+ steps today to and from the hotel and convention center, attended several good programs that have rekindled my interest in lesson plan writing. 4/19/2017
- Whole lotta eating going on today with two publisher thank you dinners. 4/20/2017
- Breakfast presentation bright and early at 7:00 am, back to Houston by dinner. 4/21/2017
Relay for Life
- Relay for Life was a struggle…brand new hot dog cooker wouldn’t cook and our shade-providing tent blew over in pieces (I was so much help…standing there taking pics) but we remembered Andrew and others and more than met our goal. 4/22/2017
- Breakfast out at Doesy Doe then home again, home again, jiggity jig; enjoyed a cold bedtime beer beside our hot tub. 4/23/2017
- New sub assignment and we discovered our pool lights do tricks. 4/24/2017
- Wind, wind go away and don’t come back another day. 4/25/2017
- Some of the seemingly simplest things to do can be the hardest. 4/26/2017
- Brennyn and Corey’s divorce is final; my heart hurts for them, their dreams and my baby Cady. 4/27/2017
- Yay for Fridays and paydays and paychecks and weekends. 4/28/2017
- It rained today! – which deserves an exclamation point mid-sentence! – and we drove around in the rain visiting nurseries for just the right plants for around the pool. 4/29/2017
- After six hours of planting and transplanting our desert-friendly plants, our rock gardens around the pool are established and our backs are practically broken. 4/30/2017
So there you have it, April in a few words. Thankfully, the wind has slowed some. We still aren’t swimming in our pool. I am working at a new (old) school. But what am I doing…it isn’t time for May’s sentences yet! Come back for those the first Thursday of June, which is actually the first day of June.
And if you chronicled your month in a Sentence a Day, there are two ways you can link up with us. Click on the little blue (why blue?) frog and add your permalink or share some of your sentences on social media using #sentenceaday.
Would love to have you join us for next month, too. So pull out that pen, pencil or keyboard and get started writing. Hope you will hop around to read all of the posts from our sentence-ers. This group is growing by leaps and bounds. But there’s still room for YOU!
Thank you for coming by today. Now go out there and make this a day to write about!
Hugs and kisses,