I am still in Kentucky with my mama. She is out of the hospital and doing better, getting stronger again everyday. Have missed blogging but won’t try to get back to it until I am home again. I had written most of this post before my mom was hospitalized so I didn’t have to do much to get this ready. Here’s my October in review.
- Ooops, forgot to start up again after I finished my Sentence a Days for September. 10/1 written on 10/3
- Ditto. 10/2 written on 10/3
- Great weekend with my Prince including a 5K that I ran the whole way followed by a DQ blizzard. 10/3
(Warming up for the 5K, pre-run and post-run smiles)
- Got up early to make chili, do my devotional, unload the dishwasher, and run to Walmart for a few groceries before work…even Face-timed with Cady! 10/4
- Dreamed that the girls were still little…I think because I am listening to What Alice Forgot…and didn’t want to wake up, just wanted to hold them one more time as toddlers before waking up. 10/5
(Brennyn is 3 1/2 and Lauren is 1 1/2, taken in Panama)
- Working with Priscilla to reorganize and straighten the Jefferson library, love what we have done with the place. 10/6
- Check another item off the old Autumn Bucket List, my Prince and I painted Katrinas tonight and that boy can paint! 10/7
- This “31 Days of Writing” is getting tiresome and we are only on Day 9. 10/8
- Renewed enthusiasm about my “31 Days of Writing”, thanks to reader suggestions. 10/9
- So much to do before we leave for Arizona for a week but getting excited about our mini-vacay. 10/10
- Last day of work before we leave, worked late then went to stamp club and didn’t get home til 9 pm but I am off tomorrow! 10/11
(Stamping club cards and Halloween goodie bag)
- So, today was kind of a mess…didn’t get any of my plans accomplished but there’s always tomorrow. 10/12
- Yay, yay, had a productive day…house is clean from top to bottom, laundry is done and put away, only a little more ironing to do…nothing feels better than a clean house. 10/13
- Guess who had a great paycheck…oh, yeah, baby, oh, yeah! 10/14
- Up and out of the house on time, road trip to Phoenix, complete with nap for both of us while the other was driving, quick trip to the gym, baseball practice, checked into our room, dinner out. 10/15
- Double-header made for a long day at the ball park. 10/16
- Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile. (asked PC to give me a sentence for the day, he was describing his double) 10/17 My sentence – Perfect kind of day from start to finish.
- What a glorious trip we are enjoying – baseball, exercise at the gym, pool time, quaint restaurants, massages, sitting outside in the mornings and evenings, beautiful scenery. 10/18
- Last day of baseball, last day in Arizona but there’s no place like home. 10/19
- Up early to drive home, so glad to see my kitty-girls, worried much of the day about my mom and my Lucia who are both under the weather. 10/20
- Settled back into being at home with laundry, gym, a movie followed by a nice soak in the hot tub. 10/21
- Slept gloriously late for us, marked several things off my autumn bucket list and church tonight. 10/22
- Quiet Sunday. 10/23
- Heading back to work was hard for both of us after a week out of town. 10/24
- Apparently my mom is having some health and emotional issues, worried what is to come. 10/25
- Awakened at 6:30 with a phone call from my sister saying that my mom was in the hospital, scrambled to get an airline ticket, packed and was on a flight to Kentucky by 1:00 pm. 10/26
- Mom is in pretty bad shape, physically, mentally and emotionally, but feel like we are getting to the root of her issues. 10/27
- Better day, with hope that all is not lost. 10/28
- Val, Kevin and I enjoyed few hours at Keeneland race park this beautiful afternoon while Metra stayed with mom. 10/29
- Spent a few hours scrapbooking with my baby sister. 10/30
- Mom was released from the hospital in time for the Halloween buffet at her retirement apartment complex..no trick, just treat. 10/31
And that’s a wrap. If you haven’t tried writing a sentence a day, I invite you to do so. It is a great way to journal the month’s events.
Have been out of town for 22 days out of the last five weeks. Hope to have my mama settled and be able to return home to my PC and kitties very soon.
If you have a Sentence a Day post to share, please link-up with us here.
Hugs and kisses,