Shutterbugs and photo-lovin’ friends glad to have you join me for The World Through My Lens 07.2021. Today I am sharing my snapshots for July editions of the photo series my blogging buddy Terri at Second Wind Leisure Perspectives. Terri hosts the one-prompt-a-week Sunday Stills photo challenge .
Also teaming up with my friend Lysha at A Camera and a Cookbook for today’s post. Lysa gives us 5 prompts each week and shares her own photos with an iSPY link up on Saturdays. And happy to be joining Mary-Lou at PatioPostcards and friends for the summer photo scavenger hunt (SPSH). This is my second SPSH share for the season. Come join me for one or all!!
THE WORLD THROUGH MY LENS 07.2021
Taking pictures has become one of my favorite hobbies. When I am not participating in a challenge, I lose my enthusiasm for photography because I don’t know what to do with the pictures I am taking!! Glad to be participating in all 3 challenges this summer. You can see my last World Through My Lens post, here, and click here the latest edition of iSpy.
SUNDAY STILLS 07.2021
07.04.2021 No Challenge
07.11.2021 Under the Trees
This was a tough one for me as we don’t really have trees much in El Paso. Under the cactus I could do all day long. Went back over my photos from the last few years to for this ‘under the trees’ shot.
07.18.2021 Monthly Color Challenge: Evergreen
Yes, I keep saying it but it’s true. I cannot believe how green our world is. We have had historical amounts of rain…half our annual rainfall in the past couple of weeks. Of course, evergreens would be green no matter. But this time of year, most everything else in El Paso would be dry and brown and suffering from summer heat. How we are loving this green.
07.25.2021 Geometric–explore various angles
I took the original photos of these edited shots on the moving walkway in the Chicago O’Hare airport. My sister and I were flying to see my mom and in a hurry so my photography time was limited. Had to snapped these quickly. Then used Prisma to edit them. Click here to learn more about this art entitled “The Sky’s the Limit” by Michael Hayden.
I like the angles in this art, in these photos.
2021 SUMMER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT
So excited to have spent Friday evening catching up on blog reading and to discover that Mary Lou has released the photo prompts for the summer photo scavenger hunt. Yay!!! You can visit her post here at Patio Postcards for more information. Keep in mind, there are only 2 rules; please use photos taken between 06.01.-09.30.2021. The second rule is one I wasn’t aware of from participating in previous challenges. You or a loved one must have taken the photo. I always thought I had to be the photographer!!
First check in/link up was Wednesday, 06.30.2021. Have a look, here. The second check in was 08.09.2021, but I am fashionably late. The last link up date is the final one, 10.01.2021.
2021 SPSH LIST
- A Breakfast of Champions
- Favourite Time of Day
- Something To Represent Home But Not The Building
- Head In The Clouds; shapes or interesting patterns
- The Art Of The Fold
- Something That Makes You Laugh or Happy
- What’s In Bloom
- Window Views
- Something Older Than You
- The Delivery Van/Truck Making The Deliveries
- The Shape of Round/Circular
- Something That Is Cause For Celebration
- Your Marie Kondo Moment – Or Not
- Inside Your Fridge Or Cupboard
- Your Best Doodle Art (not public graffiti)
- A Guilty Pleasure; Something That Recharges You
- An Exit
- Upside Down, Right Side Up
- Steps, But Who’s Counting
- Decades Of Sharing; find something in your home that is from the 70’s or 80’s or 90’s or 00’s
A: show off your COVID safety; masks, cleaning, or other related supplies
B: a local landmark
C: the most beautiful landscape photo of the season
My Latest Finds
- #6 something that makes you laugh or happy – butterflies, especially Monarchs. Every time I see one, I feel my father’s presence.
- #8 window views – I was trying to photograph the wooden sculptures at our beach condo and the incredible condensation on the window behind them. We don’t have such stuff in El Paso. Condensation, that is. But also captured a nice view of the vacation house beside us and the beach beyond.
- #11 the shape of round/circular – Lucia’s – oops, I mean CAMILA’S face is definitely round, not to mention her legs. The lid on her sippy cup is the shape of a circle and so is the head of the mermaid on her pajama top.
- #12 something that is cause for celebration – a baby boy for Brennyn and Mustafa, a baby brother for Cadence and a grandson for me. Mimi Val bought this darling onesie for Cady to give Brennyn and Mustafa for her baby brother.
- #18 upside down, right side up – somewhere in all the photos I have taken recently I have a few of Lucia and Cami attempting to do somersaults but not sure where those photos are. And they might have been taken before this challenge began. So, today I came across this tee at H&M. Problem solved.
This sculpture in the Harlingen, Texas airport is made of pieces of trash that have washed up on the beautiful South Padre Island beaches. The pelican’s name is Humberto…and now that I have read more about him, here, I have learned he is not a pelican – silly, me. He is a blue heron. But of course. I knew that.
Humberto is such a eye-opening reminder of what we are doing to the planet.
Fit to be tied that I went at least a half a day wearing 2 different socks.
Lauren’s mother-in-law gave me this delicate floral diffuser for Mother’s Day. I am not sure what the scent was but I loved it. Very earthy. Very unique. Was sad when the oil had all been diffused. Then last week, Lauren offered me a bottle of perfume. Angels’ Share Kilian Eau De Parfum. Guess what? It smells very much like the oil in the diffuser. It is a warm and spicy scent with notes of cognac, Tonka bean and oak wood. Not familiar with the fragrance of any of those things independently but sure like when they are blended into this perfume.
The other day I met the girls and Lauren at Lucia’s school so I could see where to drop her off if need be in the future. Cia goes into the gym and then comes out onto a separate playground area for kinders until the bell rings for time to go into class. As we were walking back to our cars, Lucia ran to the fence to say goodbye to us. Hated that she was on one side and we were on the other side of this ‘grid.’
The park in our neighborhood received a new topper over the playground equipment this summer. It is even lighted. When PC and I were walking the other night after the rain, I noticed how pretty it looked reflected in the water on the street and snapped this picture.
Whew, that’s a lot of photos!! I have a lot of prompts to still find for the scavenger hunt and I am a couple of weeks behind on my iSpy pictures, too. Need to up my game. What have you been photographing lately?
Hope to enjoy another week mostly at home. Want to knock out the rest of my spring-now-summer cleaning. And if the rain lets up, I would like to swim. What do you have going on?
Thank you for stopping by. Blog reading is on my list for tomorrow first thing in the morning. If you blog, I will be by to visit!!
Hugs and kisses,