Sun worshippers and mermaids, glad you are here for my summer bucket list update 07.2021. I am one month into work on this list and have fared pretty well. Come see what you think.
Update 07.2021: MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST
Here’s what I have accomplished so far this summer.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
- Another new hike – Hueco Tanks or Sitting Bull Falls or maybe we will get to the Tin Mines. This was an activity on my spring list and we did investigate a new hike but not any of the ones I wanted to investigate. So, I am going to try again. ✔️ Mission accomplished!! Enjoyed a half-day hike to Hueco Tanks with my new friends in the Hiker Babes Community.
- Skin cancer screening – Have had this on my wellness goals for over a year. It is going to happen this season. ✔️ Had this done a few weeks ago. And had some skin tags removed and biopsied at the same time. Everything came back all clear.
- Meet and maintain within 2 pounds lifetime Weight Watchers weight – My lifetime weight is 138. I was 139.8 on Saturday. Need to get to 138 and stay there!! ⌛ Still working on this albeit not very hard. Need to get serious about tracking again.
- Beach vacation – South Padre Island; we will be vacationing with family and celebrating all the birthdays together. ⌛ We leave in one week!!
- Balloon fest or water park – Would like to do both of these activities. Hoping Brennyn can come in September and go to the Balloon Fest with us. Thinking Lauren and I can let Cia and Cami play hooky and take the girls to the water park one day. ⌛ Pending. The balloon fest is early in September but if we are going to hit the water park we need to do it soon. School starts on 08.02.2021…does that mean summer will be over??
- Farmer’s market and food truck rodeo in northeast El Paso – If you live in northeast El Paso, you have probably joined me in bemoaning the fact that we have so few activities in our own backyard. The best restaurants and stores are on the east or west sides of town. When I heard we were getting our own farmer’s market out here, I immediately added it to my summer bucket list. ⌛ Thinking we can do this tomorrow night.
- Write meaningful blog posts – I have been saying that I want to redirect my blog to my original focus. Life after retirement. And writing. Going to force that to happen by putting it on my bucket list. ⌛ I was invited to guest post for my blogging friend Leeanne at Cresting the Hill and that post is a step in the right direction. The post will go live on 08.02.2021, so I hope you will stop by Leeanne’s to have a look. Have plans to get back to my original blogging intention in August.
- Game night once a month – Over the winter we had several game nights and really enjoyed them. Want to bring them back. And maybe have a game night in South Padre, too. ✔️ PC and I have played Upwords a couple of times lately here at home. But last weekend the kids asked us to come over for dinner and Pictionary. It was so much fun. They say that PC and I are almost unbeatable but they played really well on Saturday themselves.
- Summer twist for reading club – My online reading club has been going for several years now and we are up to almost 100 members. This summer, I want to jazz things up and try something new with the gang. ⌛ Had thought of something I thought would be fun…and then POOF…forgot it again that fast!! Needless to say, this is still on the drawing board.
- Write one Thankful Thursday post a month – Want to return to joining my friend Rebecca at Knit By God’s Hand for this series. ⌛ Rebecca Jo has asked me to help cohost this series and I am happy to oblige. I did write a Thankful Thursday post, here, earlier this month. And will be writing them more regularly in the coming weeks. But until I do, will just leave this activity as underway.
- Start new prayer journal – Bumped from spring. Going to start using the Prayer Journal for Women: 52 Week Scripture, Devotional & Guided Prayer Journal. ✔️ Yes, started this week. Not sure I am going to like it, though. We are invited to reflect on one verse of Scripture a week. Seems to me that’s a long time to spend on one verse. But maybe I can mix in some Bible journaling, too.
- Photo scavenger hunt for summer – Blogging friends Mary-Jo, Ruth and Deb all participate in the summer photo scavenger hunt. I am going to join them. Taking photographs is one way to become more aware in the beauty in the world. You can find the prompts, here. ⌛ I have started participating and shared my first photos in this post. Have plans to continue but won’t give myself the coveted green check mark yet.
- Share a beach style post – Don’t worry, this won’t be me in a bikini!! But want to share some of the looks I pack for our summer vacation. ⌛ Beach vacay starts next week. Stay tuned!!
- Purge summer clothes not worn in 2 years – Now that I am volunteering some at the Clothes Closet, I want to donate those warm weather clothes I haven’t worn in a long time. ⌛ I haven’t purged yet but I am making myself wear clothes that I had put on the back burner. This Jacket Society cold shoulder top and Loft Outlet lavender colored denim, for example. And did post a few things to Poshmark for the first time ever.
- Update my pajama game – Poor PC. He will appreciate this one. I really need to do better in the pj department. Time to toss the raggedy pajamas and gowns and replace them with something new. ⌛ I have done some tossing but haven’t replaced the tossed pieces yet. Any suggestions for finding reasonably priced pajamas and lingerie?
- Try new treat – Maybe Teapioca boba tea or Aurora rolling ice cream or Nonotelo gelato. Are any of these nummy things familiar to you? ✔️ Leave it to me to tick off the activities revolving around sugary treats right away. After my hike last week, I hunted up Boba Express and tried a blueberry coconut boba tea. Then Sunday in honor of National Ice Cream Day, we tried the rolled ice cream. Both the tea and the ice cream were a little pricy but it was fun to sample something new.
- Find a new breakfast restaurant – No bright ideas for this activity yet. But I am tired of iHop. ⌛ Nothing yet.
- Try 3 new recipes – Using my air fryer, follow my Pinterest board Air Fryer Foodieand/or using my bread machine, follow my Pinterest board Baking Bread. I have these fancy appliances and need to use them. ⌛ Did bake a pretty scrumptious loaf of Hawaiian bread lately in the bread machine and then homemade bread with my family’s yeast starter, too. But won’t tick this off yet.
What have you enjoyed doing to keep yourself active and occupied over the long summer days? Please share in a comment below, or on my blog FB page, here. Or if you have a summer fun blog post, please join the linky party.
So that’s my summer bucket list update 07.2021. By my count, I have earned 5 green check marks, leaving 13 activities left to do.
Off to iron. Seems like I am always saying that. Have another stack a mile high. Have to compliment Paul, though. He has been getting 2 days wear out of some of his work pants and shirts. That has helped a lot.
Thank you for the visit. hApPy HuMp DaY!!
Hugs and kisses,