Shutterbugs and photography-lovin’ friends, welcome to The World Through My Lens, 12.2020. I am sharing my photos for December’s prompts for the Sunday Stills photography challenge. And in this shiny new year I am joining in for the Winter Photo Scavenger hunt with Mary Lou and Ellen. As well as Lysha’s iSpy photo challenge. More information on both of those below.
But first, let’s have a look at my responses to Terri’s prompts for Sunday Stills for the last month of this incredible year.
Sunday Stills 12.2020
Terri had a very hectic December with a huge move from California to Washington over the holidays. I was glad there was no challenge for the last week of the year for her sake.
THE WORLD THROUGH MY LENS WEEK 49
SUNDAY STILLS, 12.06.2020: City Sidewalks
In my head, I envisioned walking the streets of downtown El Paso by moonlight and street light and taking some – ahem – *incredible* photos. But in reality, we never made it downtown this month, or even this season. So, I give you, my less exciting subdivision sidewalk.
THE WORLD THROUGH MY LENS WEEK 50
SUNDAY STILLS, 12.13.2020: Winter Wonderland
We have had some cold nights but not much else that would constitute a winter wonderland. Bah-humbug. I have some lovely photos of snowy days in years long past. But that feels like cheating. Plus it is easier to complain than go dig up old photos. Plus, I wanted to take photos of a freshly fallen snow this year. The best I can do with this prompt is a capture of the surprise dusting of snow we received in October. Autumn wonderland. Kinda.
THE WORLD THROUGH MY LENS WEEK 51
SUNDAY STILLS, 12.20.2020: Lights
Purrsnickitty loves the Christmas tree. We think she thinks we are providing her with her own indoor park every December. And when we pack it all away, she seems to get a little down-in-the-dumps for a few days. Here she is enjoying the tree skirt, the lights, the ornaments of her winter wonderland.
The prompts of January’s Sunday Still photos are:
Jan 3 Your 2020 Retrospective (share your year in images)
Jan 10 Night
Jan 17 Color Challenge: Glacier Blue
Jan 24 Fog and Clouds (PC and I are going to have to go on a trip to find fog)
Jan 31 Your Favorite Landscape
Grateful to my friend Deb for reminding me of this fun photo challenge. Participated in Mary Lou‘s fall scavenger hunt with great success. If I do say so myself. I believe Ellen is hosting this round. It’s not too late to jump in here with us as WPSH will run from 12.01.2020 to 03.21.2021. Just remember, all photos must be your own work and must be taken between those dates, please.
Here is the list of 20 prompts. But notice that up to three of these can be substituted using the alternative prompts at the end of the list if necessary.
- A set of three
- Round and round
- Peek inside
- A treasured item
- An opening
- A sign of the times
- Weather conditions
- Work in progress
- In the distance
- Something beginning with C
- One of many
- Something with legs
- A face
- Comfort food
- Something you do every day
- Something yellow
- Marking time
Alt A. In pieces
Alt B. Textured
Alt C. Black and white
The first link up opened this week on Ellen’s blog, A Bracelet of Days.
- #3 a peek inside – an old box spring. Guess where? Nope, not my bed. You have probably guessed correctly. This, too, is out in the desert. Would love to orchestrate a massive community clean up of the desert in our area. Maybe that will be my good turn this season. Sadly, the mattress accompanies the box spring. The mattress is mostly in tact but the springs were set on fire so now the coils are exposed.
- #7 an opening – clearly, I need to find inspiration for my photos elsewhere. As this one also comes to you from the ‘treasures’ in the desert near my home. Notice the lovely Franklin Mountains in the background? Nothing like a toilet with a view.
- #8 a sign of the times – no explanation needed.
- #12 in the distance – noticed this view of the Franklin Mountains at the head of the walk I take into – yup, you know it – the DESERT. In the distance, you can see the Organ Mountains in New Mexico. Was a little afraid I might come across a nude body on this particular walk. I didn’t.
You can find all of my photos on my Instagram feed, here. Would be obliged if you followed me and I will gladly return the favor.
What images found your lens last month? Photography has become one of my favorite past times this year. If the world returns to normal, in 2021, maybe I will finally be able to take that photography class I have been trying to take.
Hope you will run by to see the exciting photography of my friend Terri at Second Wind Leisure Perspectives. She hosts Sunday Stills and is a most talented photographer and storyteller. And stop in at Lysha’s, Ellen’s and MaryLou’s, too!!
Enjoy a picture perfect Sunday, sweet friends.
Hugs and kisses,