Shutterbugs and photo-lovin’ friends glad to have you join me for The World Through My Lens 06.2022. Today I am sharing my snapshots for the June prompts provided by my blogging buddy Terri at Second Wind Leisure Perspectives and my friend Lysha at A Camera and a Cookbook. Terri hosts the one-prompt-a-week Sunday Stills monthly photo challenge. Lysha hosts 5-pictures-a-week iSpy link ups each Saturday.
Although I have been away from blogging, I have never stopped taking photos. Now I have somewhere to share them again. Have truly missed linking up with these ladies and sharing the images I have captured in my lens.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
World Through My Lens 06.2022
In a recent Where Bloggers Live, we talked about how we keep, store, display and share our photographs. As I explained in my post, here, I have photos all over the place. My phone, my laptop, my other laptop, in scrapbooks, frames, photo albums, and in a bin under the bed. Have decided starting in June, that I am going to go through my photos on my devices and in that ambiguous cloud in the sky. Going to delete all the extra photos, the fuzzy ones, the duplicates and clean things up a bit. How do you handle the glut of photographs stored all over the place?
iSpy Week #75
– weather (quarterly shot): must have missed out on snapping the first weather photo for this quarterly series. But here is a picture of a very sudden 5-minute rainstorm we had last week. I heard a clap of thunder, looked outside and it was pouring rain through the bright sunshine. The wind caught our pool sail and had it bouncing about but the whole thing lasted only minutes and then we were back to normal.
– by accident: our pool water is freezing!! Even on the hottest El Paso summer days, our water never gets much above 80*. According to this article the “Mayo Clinic finds that the most comfortable pool temperature range is between 83°F and 88°F.” So, our water is significantly cooler. We have a pool heater but running it just a few times a month resulted in a gas bill that was 3x higher than normal for this time of year. Decided to take matters into my own hands and ordered this wet suit. I love it!! But putting this thing on is the devil. The first time I put it on, see the photo below, I had it backwards by accident. The next time I accidentally put it on inside out. Today I got it right, though, straight out of the gate. There’s hope for me yet!!
– starts with n: the sharp tiny nails or claws on this imp. I have been kitty-sitting for 15 kitties, 12 of whom are a month old. We have had such fun watching them play. This little one attaches himself to me the moment I arrive, riding about on my shoes, chewing my shoelaces, climbing up my yoga pants holding on for dear life with his nails.
– your choice: this isn’t a particularly great photo but this little plant made me smile. When I was doing a drop-in visit at Lucas the French bull dog’s house I noticed this little plant…basil?…was in terrible need of some water. At the time it was outside on the patio table in the black pot it was purchased in. I found a Tupperware container and put the plant in it and watered it. Ta-da!! When I visited next time, this is how I found the plant. Might have just saved its life!! Now to plant my raised bed garden and have the same green thumb.
iSpy Week #76
– front yard (quarterly): I think I surely captured the first quarterly picture of our front yard, but in going back over my The World Through My Lens posts for the year, I couldn’t find it. Oh, well. Here is our front yard from my vantage point laying down in the grass. It was a windy early evening and I was hoping for rain but was disappointed.
– spicy: our favorite adjective to describe Cami is ‘spicy.’ This little 2-year-old is spiciness personified. I love all of my grandbabies for many, many reasons but one big reason is because they all have such personality, such spirit. Look at the sparkle in her eyes.
– inside: you may remember that I have begun making a little extra money by doing drop-in visits and dog walking through Rover.com. You can see my profile, here. One of my recent charges was this sweetie, Sophie, who is sitting inside but longing to explore the world outside. Sophie was sitting by the window each time I visited her and her sister Lili.
– your choice: yup, it’s hot in El Paso but it’s a dry heat. Yes, it certainly is. Even with our few recent rain showers. Took this photo on a recent morning walk on a backroad that runs beside the desert.
iSpy Week #77
– event: 4th of July. Chihuahuas baseball game. And after a big 10-point win, fireworks.
– outfit (quarterly): would like to share a couple of outfits I have put together recently. In fact, doing so would help me tick off one of the activities on my summer bucket list. But for this prompt, I am featuring a casual summer look. Wore this to go running around with PC…shopping and lunch. Love the way a kimono can dress up some very basic pieces.
– played: one of the things I am most frustrated about with this whole pandemic thing is the days, weeks, months and even years we have lost with loved ones. Lauren and Francisco moved to El Paso so we could be closer. But no sooner did they get settled than here came Covid. I am angry that it has kept me from them and from visiting Brennyn and her family. Sad that there were visits with my mom where I couldn’t hug her. And here we are, 2 years in and we are still dealing with the whole quarantine and isolation business. Grrr. In this photo below, Cami has played with all the toys while eating her pizza after our afternoon at the water park. Two days later, Cami tested positive for Covid.
– starts with u: unwelcome pool visitor. In the 14 years we have lived in our house, I have only seen a mouse twice. This poor, proverbial ‘drowned rat’ was probably just trying to get a sip of water when he slipped into the pool one night. I found him too late the next morning.
– choose anything (monthly – same vantage point): I am going to capture our peach tree and the changes it goes through each month, each season. In my last photo, its branches were bare. This week, the tree is delighting in our 4th of July rainstorm and the sunshine following. And check out those peaches, will you!! Just hope they are sweet and juicy and cobbler-worthy.
Moving now from the iSpy challenge to Sunday Stills.
– 06.05.2022 all about numbers: we’ve been monitoring PC’s blood pressure lately and as a result our cuff stays out all the time. Which has prompted me to check mine now and then, too. With blood pressure, it is truly all about the numbers. And mine have been pretty good, if I do say so myself!! Thankful for good health.
– 06.12.2022 monthly color challenge: pink: not sure what kind of plant this is…anyone know? But it has some very pretty, very abundant pinkish blossoms. I edited the first picture to create the second. Duh, I guess.
– 06.19.2022 again the solstice: summer is the rainy season in far west Texas. It is when we get the bulk of our 9″ of annual rainfall. Ha!! This summer has been less rainy so far, though. Hoping we catch up in the next few weeks.
Want to join the Sunday Stills fun for July? Here are Terri’s prompts. You can find Lysha’s prompts for iSpy on each Saturday for the coming week.
– 07.03.2022 beautiful beaches
– 07.10.2022 monthly color challenge: ruby red
– 07.17.2022 no challenge
– 07.24.2022 road trippin’
– 07.31.2022 under construction (and my WOTY catch-up)
And don’t forget Patio Postcard’s great summer photo scavenger hunt. Find those prompts, here.
Whew, that’s a lot of photos!! What have you been photographing lately? Do you tend to take mostly family snapshots, selfies or photos of places you visit? My post seems to be divided among cute kids, cute animals and nature.
Was hoping to stay home this week and get caught up on a whole bunch of things. Like spring cleaning. Need to get it finished before spring comes around again and it’s time to start all over. Really wanting to get the carpets cleaned so that can be my incentive for getting busy. But the end of the week is BUSY!!
Thank you for stopping by. Whatever the rest of the week holds for you, I hope you stay happy and healthy.
Hugs and kisses,