Shutterbugs and photo-lovin’ friends glad to have you join me for The World Through My Lens 01.2022. Today I am sharing my snapshots for January aedition of the photo series my blogging buddy Terri at Second Wind Leisure Perspectives. Terri hosts the one-prompt-a-week Sunday Stills photo challenge .
Also teaming up with my friend Lysha at A Camera and a Cookbook for today’s post. Lysa gives us 5 prompts each week and shares her own photos with an iSPY link up on Saturdays. I put all the photos for the whole into one image-laden post at the end of the month.
THE WORLD THROUGH MY LENS 01.2022
Taking pictures has become one of my favorite hobbies. When I am not participating in a challenge, I lose my enthusiasm for photography because I don’t know what to do with the pictures I am taking!! Glad to be participating in these photo challenges again in the new year.
iSpy Week #1
– check(ed): shoes at our neighborhood Rack Room Shoes. Aren’t they fun? I would love to have some to pair with jeans for baseball games and weekend fun.
– different: hopeful that my attitude toward LIFE will be different this year. I get so bogged down by everything and then tend to wallow in my emotions. I chose flow for my word of the year 2022. Talked about it in a recent post, here. Now to apply it to the way I deal with what LIFE brings.
– new: message on my message board. And new attitude…I hope. For the last month, I have awakened and commented to PC that I wonder what the day will hold. Hoping to change that programming from one of dread for what the day holds to one of optimism and hopeful anticipation.
– happiness: Cami at her second birthday celebration and first movie theater movie. We had popcorn and Nothing Bundt Cake birthday cupcakes. At the end of the movie, “Sing 2,” Cami opened presents. We gave her a very flouncy tutu which she immediately put on and then danced for 30 minutes in front of the big screen.
– your choice: we had Sunday breakfast on the patio at La Madeleine on a morning when we overslept for church. This little fellow joined us. PC scolded me for tossing my feathery friend a croissant crumb. But I felt guilty not sharing my bounty.
iSpy Week #2
– selfie (quarterly shot): snapped this selfie before leaving for my first day of subbing for Lucia’s kinder class. I felt put together and confident (for a hot minute). H&M blazer and white embellished sweater, Loft ankle length chinos, snakeskin booties. Added a pearl pin that my dad gave my mom years ago. Felt like they were on my shoulder (or right breast?) to help me start the day.
– outfit (quarterly shot): in full football regalia for the NFL championship playoffs. Wearing my favorite holey jeans, striped turtleneck and Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts jersey.
– starts with Z: this one stumped me. Then I thought of zipper. But blah. Wanted to take a prettier photo than one of the zipper on my sweatshirt. When I drove across town to turn in my Holter monitor to the cardiologist, we were in the neighborhood of the zoo. So, I asked PC to stop long enough for me to snap a photo of the sign. Kind of a cliche Z-word but I like the way the photo looked. And had fun using Prisma to try different filters on the picture.
– between: this is part of a mural in our Veteran’s Park. I was sad to see it has been defaced in several places which makes me angry and sad. I’d like to do something to erase or cover the graffiti. Maybe this week. In this photo, the girl’s feet on the right are between the boy’s feet on the left.
– your choice: ’bout the brightest rainbow I have ever seen. It was actually a double rainbow but by the time I got to a stoplight and could capture it, the second arc had faded.
iSpy Week #3
– workspace (quarterly): my desk. Almost always covered with scrapbooking materials and collage projects. I journal in my Bible here, write in my regular journal or play in my 365 Days of Creativity journal. On the day I snapped this picture, I was working on a Valentine collage craft and scrapbooking some hiking photos.
– enclosed: these sweet bottle brush trees were enclosed in a terrarium of glass and brass.
– clever: Lucia loves to draw. And her pictures are quite clever for a 5 year-old. In this picture, she has drawn my 3 kitties (our 2 + 1 stray we care for) and their food bowls at the top and on the bottom she has drawn herself thinking about my 3 kitties.
– shady: had to look through old photos for this one. Hope to have more current photos going forward. This was taken in the spring of 2020. Covid was still new. I was taking Lucia and sometimes Cami to the park now and then. We would look for ladybugs and sometimes have a picnic or a snack. Favorite memories.
– your choice: whenever PC and I go on a hike, we look for heart-shaped rocks. The other day we ventured out for a short walk in the desert and were rewarded with this heart-shaped rock right on our path.
iSpy Week #4
– on your plate (quarterly): my salad at Jason’s Deli. Give me salad and soup and I am a happy camper.
– hanging: my sister(-in-law) Greta gave me this darling cross wind chime. It hangs on our now naked Texas ash tree. I was wandering in the yard pulling weeds and noticed how the sunlight looked so pretty glinting off the silverware and making the beads almost glow.
– starts with A: as in Army. This is a statue at Veteran’s Park. A veteran in the Army.
– pile: our laundry and my ironing are always favorite places for the kitties to nap. Earlier in the day Purrsnickitty had been eyeing the piles of clothes to be ironed for a possible cat nap. Purrsimmony chose the clean clothes in the basket. We chased Sim out of the basket and Snick replaced her in there.
– choose anything (monthly – same vantage point): I am going to capture our peach tree and the changes it goes through each month, each season. Hope it will bear fruit this year.
– 01.02.2022 in your rear-view mirror: I like to use window clings on my rear windshield to celebrate the holidays. Originally put the clings on the inside of the window, but in our hot summer sun, they would melt and drip onto the inside of the car. So, I switched to putting them on the outside. Works much better. And clean up’s a breeze.
– 01.09.2022 future: my grandchildren represent the future. The future for our family, the future for our world.
– 01.16.2022 monthly color challenge: white: it has been a while since we had a fancy smancy massage at Woodhouse Spa. We have discovered a gal in our part of town who gives a better, cheaper massage but the ambience is not quite the same. No soft, white robes. No glass of white wine. No bridge mix. But we can double the massages for the money. So that just makes more sense. Maybe next time we make appointments with Roxie, I will take some bridge mix and a bottle of wine to enjoy ahead of time.
– 01.23.2022 wildlife: this was a tough one for me. Whenever I go over the mountain, I look for a goat we have named “Ernie.” It is always going to be a good day when I see old Ern. He makes me smile.
Whew, that’s a lot of photos!! What have you been photographing lately? Do you tend to take mostly family snapshots, selfies or photos of places you visit?
I had hoped to stay home this week and get caught up on a whole bunch of things. But Lucia’s teacher is out sick tomorrow so I am going to sub for her. And have a second sub job on Tuesday. My house might be a mess but my bank account is smiling.
Thank you for stopping by. Whatever the week holds for you, I hope you stay safe and healthy.
Hugs and kisses,