Sweet potatoes, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 07.29.2021. I am joining Rebecca Jo and Jennifer at All 4 Boys in sharing the hosting responsibilities for the Thankful Thursday series. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
You know the word ‘pissy’? That describes my mood over the last couple of weeks. Was never allowed to say that word as a kid. Instead had to use one of its many synonyms like: sad, unhappy, gloomy, miserable, melancholy, sorrowful, subdued, bleak, wistful, homesick, worried, nervous, anxious, uneasy, tense, alarmed, on edge, frightened, troubled. Sad, unhappy and worried get a lot of use in my limited vocabulary. But pissy is so much more accurate for the way I have been feeling and acting.
THANKFUL THURSDAY 07.29.2021
Because of my pissy attitude, a couple of nights lately, I have flat out refused to write in my gratitude journal. It’s not that I didn’t have anything to be grateful for. To the contrary. I have such a precious life. So many blessings. But I just wanted to marinade in my pissiness rather than think about and acknowledge the good stuff. Because of that really crappy (another childhood no-no word) frame of mind, my official, recorded list of thankfuls is rather abbreviated. Please forgive me.
Straight Out of My Gratitude Journal
This week I am thankful that:
- Mom had a really good week last week – won at Bingo and rode the stationary bike
- Martha and I enjoyed a mountainside walk together
- Our mountains are so velvety green with all the rain
- Lauren and I perused Target at our own pace then had lunch together
- Brennyn saw the baby through a series of very good ultrasound images
- Baby Orya is healthy
- My sister Valerie and I could work on our altered houses craft project together over Facetime
- It rained again
- And again
- PC suggested Mexican food at our favorite mom-n-pop restaurant Casita Linda’s
- Cami wanted a kiss
- Paul and I napped together – so delicious
- Our El Paso Yankees won another ball game
- We floated in the pool twice
- Four new gals asked to become members of our online book club
- Better Tuesday after being so pissy on Monday that I didn’t want to think about having anything to be thankful for
- We found kitty sitters for our beach trip
- Cadence Ellie Pieper was born on this day at 7:48 a.m. 11 years ago. She is sweet, kind, creative, funny and intelligent. Not to mention beautiful. Happy birthday, baby girl. I can’t wait to kiss and hug you tomorrow.
Hoping for an attitude adjustment the moment I smell the salt air. Come back next week to see if it happened.
As this post goes live, we (PC, Lauren, Cia and Cami) will all be jetting to South Padre Island to meet up with Brennyn, Mustafa and Cady and my sister Valerie for a few days at the BEACH.
Our plans have changed since my last Thankful Thursday post, here. We discovered Lucia starts school on 08.02, Monday but we were planning to stay until 08.03. Francisco has to work the first days of our vacation so he was going to join us on Saturday. But now Lauren and the girls will be flying home early on Sunday in order to get Cia to school the next day. Hate that a weary Francisco won’t be able to join us. And sad for Lauren that he won’t be with her and that they will have such a quick trip.
Brennyn had an appointment with a genetic obstetrician this week who discovered some fibroids on her uterus. We are a little concerned that they will continue to grow and crowd baby boy. Her placenta is also being disagreeable and is not in the right place.
And Lauren’s heart procedure from earlier in the month was unsuccessful. She has to have another ablation as soon as we get back from South Padre.
But we are going to the BEACH!! Tomorrow!! Off to pack!!
Tell me true, what are you thankful for this Thursday? Do you ever feel even the slightest bit pissy and only want to acknowledge the bad in your life? I am that way several times a month. And no, it has nothing to do with THAT cycle. Bid that peskiness adieu on the operating table in 06.2005. Desperately searching for another explanation.
Hope you will link up your Thankful Thursday post with us or leave me a comment about what’s up in your life right now. You can even complain if you want!! And be sure to stop by to visit Rebecca Jo and Jennifer.
10 on the 10th
Before I bow out. Mark your calendars for 10 on the 10th. The prompt for August is 10 questions about life-long learning. Here are the questions.
- How old were you when you started school? Did you attend pre-kinder and/or kinder or go straight into first grade?
- Were you a good student? What was your favorite subject?
- As a child, did you take music lessons? Or play a sport? Do you still play an instrument now?
- Did you attend any kind of training or classes beyond high school? If so, what did you study? Did you wind up working in a profession or job for which those classes or training prepared you?
- Have you taken any personal growth or adult education classes for fun? During the year that was Covid, did you home school, learn a new app to work from home, teach yourself to do something you might have paid someone else to do for you?
- What would you like to learn how to do that you don’t know how to do already?
- Name something that you learned easily. Then name something that was a struggle for you to learn to do.
- What’s the last thing you remember learning? What kind of learner are you: visual, auditory, hands-on/kinesthetic, verbal, logical/mathematical?
- Hard to teach an old dog new tricks, school of hard knocks, pass with flying colors, learn by heart, burn the midnight oil, pull an all-nighter, play hooky – which of these expression best fits your life lately? Why?
- What is something you’ve learned from past mistakes?
- Bonus: Share your favorite learning/education quote.
And here is the graphic.
P.S. I was invited to guest post at my friend Leeanne’s blog, Cresting the Hill. My post will go live on 08.02.2021. It was a tough one to write. But as Leeanne explained, that is because it was heartfelt. Finally taking a step back toward my original purpose for blogging. Please stop by!!
And thank you for popping in over here today. Enjoy your weekend!!
Hugs and kisses,