Sweet potatoes, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 07.22.2021. I am excited to announce that I will be joining Rebecca Jo in hosting her Thankful Thursday series. We will also be splitting the hosting responsibilities with Jennifer at All 4 Boys. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
As I explained in June’s post, here, I was horrified to discover that it had been 4 months since I’d written a Thankful Thursday post. Kinda pitiful. Especially considering I write in my gratitude journal every single night (almost) and have so very much to be thankful for.
THANKFUL THURSDAY 07.22.2021
So the first item on my list of things for which I am thankful this week is Rebecca Jo’s invitation to cohost this series with her!! This post is going to be a highlight reel of some of the things I’ve been most thankful for during the first weeks of July.
- Safe travels for members of my family
- Rain, rain, rain…earned several mentions
- Working together with PC on our yard
- Our nation’s birthday…the United States may not have it all figured out but we’re a work in progress
- Trying a new restaurant…Salata
- Brennyn is 15 weeks pregnant…16 weeks pregnant…17 weeks pregnant
- A lazy day
- Good books
- Meals Paul cooked = Taco Bell, Chipotle…he cooks well!
- Medical devices and diagnostic testing
- Finding pennies (nickels and dimes, too)
- Blog writing came easier
- Floating together on our air mattresses in the pool
- Our anniversary and 13 years of marriage, 18 year long relationship
- Seeing Ernie the goat when I crossed the mountain (multiple times)
- Homemade bread
- Hiking with the Hiker Babes, cave paintings, beautiful scenery
- Facetiming with Cady and Brennyn
- Lunch with friends x2
- El Paso Yankees playing good ball
- Game night and dinner with the kids
- Cia’s sweet bedtime story
- Mom rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes and won at Bingo
- Pretty good report from cardiologist
- Good talks with Brennyn and Lauren
- Mom was able to talk all about the launching of the Blue Origin!!
- Our beautifully green mountains…thank you, rain
- Good church messages
This time next week, we will all be at South Padre Island with the exception of Lauren’s husband, Francisco. I am thankful that we are where we are this year rather than where we were this time last year.
In just a few weeks, Cadence will be starting middle school and Lucia will be starting kindergarten. I am anxious to see what this school year holds. Covid numbers are on the rise again. How concerned should we be? Are people (still) wearing masks (again) where you live? I think both our babies will go back to school in masks. At least to start.
Paul’s son, Matt, will be visiting us in a month. Brennyn and Cady hope to come in October before Bren is too far long to fly any longer. My mom has had a couple of really good days lately. We hope to go back to Ohio and Kentucky late in the fall. And in December, we will welcome a baby boy to our family. Lots of things to look forward to.
As always, my hope in sharing the thankfuls in my life, is that it will make me recognize that the good, the grace always outweighs the bad, the trouble in my life. And I hope reading over my blessings, you will reflect (again) on your own. If you have a Thankful Thursday post to share, please link it up with us.
Or share some of your blessings with me in a comment below.
May the remainder of the year be chockful of blessings for everyone. Thank you for spending a few moments here with me!
Hugs and kisses,