Dear ones, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 01.27.2022. But if I don’t hurry this edition is actually going to go live on Friday!! Joining Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand and Jennifer at All 4 Boys in sharing the hosting responsibilities for the Thankful Thursday series again this year. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. Sometimes you might find a post from me on a Friday!! But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
THANKFUL THURSDAY 01.27.2022
After a very hectic last week subbing for kinder 4 days in a row, this week has been a little quieter. We have both been sick with something that acted and looked and felt a whole lot like Covid. But we both did a rapid test last Friday and were both negative. And then PC had a PCR test which was also…thankfully…negative. I have an appointment for a PCR tomorrow morning but can’t decide whether to go or not. Guess, what the heck, might as well go just to be doubly sure I don’t have THE VIRUS. We are both turning the corner and feeling much better tonight. Hallelujah. So thankful.
What else am I thankful for this week? Let’s see.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Straight from My Gratitude Journal
For my Thankful Thursday posts, I usually share the ‘gratefuls’ I’ve listed in my gratitude journal over the week or month, whatever length of time has elapsed since my last Thankful Thursday post. Always lots of things to be thankful for even if I don’t get around to writing a post about them all. My last thankful Thursday post was a little different but my most heartfelt. If you missed it, please read it, here.
This week these are things for which I am especially thankful:
- the ‘pool guy’ fixed our pool vacuum
- my first and second bookings on Rover.com
- getting back on Weight Watchers (and then slipping off and then getting back on)
- Declan has gained almost 2 pounds
- seeing Ernie the goat on the mountain
- money to buy groceries and groceries to buy
- playing Barbies and reading with Cady
- rain and a chance of snow (that didn’t materialize)
- opportunities to sub for Lucia’s teachers in kinder
- libraries and books
- finding coins that remind me that God is always with me
- Fluffy allowing us to doctor her cut
- extra retirement check to help pay for Christmas and our tickets to Ft. Worth
- paying off bills
- new running shoes designed for my age and the way I run
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and messages about peace and getting along
- double rainbow
- kids were good at school
- lots of Gabba loves from Cia at school
- fell flat on my face and school but wasn’t badly hurt; little 4th grade girl helped me get up
- Bengals won
- doctor appointments online through our insurance; medicine to feel better
- Mom recognized me on Veiwclix
- Mom gave my sister, brother and me money for a treat
- Lauren’s ablation required freezing her heart in 2 places but it worked, no more PVCs
- Cami dancing and singing “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”
- Declan smiling and laughing at the spinning ceiling fan
- PC helped with housework and caring for kitties
Pretty good month, don’t you think? So far, 2022 is getting high marks!! And now, before we go, a little Hodgepodge for fun.
Every Tuesday my friend Joyce who blogs at From This Side of the Pond poses 5 thoughtful questions for her readers to consider and respond to on the following day. Her questions are fun to ponder and always make me stop for a moment to reflect. Here are the hodgepodge questions for this week and my responses.
1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. ‘They’ say opposites attract…do you agree, and if so is that a good thing? Or do you subscribe more to a ‘birds of a feather’ philosophy? Perhaps opposites attract best in short-lived, passionate trysts. I think that polarization can add fuel to the fire. But for the long haul, I would rather have someone beside me who has similar morals, beliefs and values. Paul and I were both raised in 2 parent households, in fairly close-knit families. But our upbringings were different. And the way we approach family and children is very different but we have a number of other similarities that make us ‘work.’
Looking Forward Not Backward
2. Something you’re glad to have behind you? Something you’re glad is ahead of you? I am glad to always have PC and my family behind me. But maybe that’s not what was meant by this question. I am glad to have Declan’s birth behind us and to have that beautiful bundle of baby boy here in our lives. Hmmm, something I am glad is ahead of me. We are talking about trying to bring my mom to El Paso for a month-long visit this spring. If we can make that happen, it will be wonderful. Brennyn, Cady and Declan (and hopefully Mustafa, too) would come so that Mom can meet her only great grandson.
Hot, Cold or Just Right
3. Your favorite hot food? Cold food? Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner? My favorite hot food would probably be soup. There are lots and lots and lots of hot foods I like…most of the food I eat is hot and likeable. But I like my soup a lot and really hot. Cold food? A fresh salad with lots of goodies on top? And ice cream. I adore ice cream. Especially Dairy Queen blizzards. I like breakfast anytime of the day but we don’t tend to make it for dinner at home.
See You Later
4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? Last thing you were late for? I try very hard to be early and have gotten better in recent years. When I was a young mommy, corralling 2 little girls out the door as well as myself, we very often ran late. But better late than never. Right? I really can’t think of anything I have been late for recently, however. But I have an appointment for my Covid test tomorrow…there’s a chance I might be late for it.
Walking on Sunshine
5. “What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?” John Steinbeck….Your thoughts? Without winter we might come to take summer and even spring for granted. But sometimes it feels as if winter goes on endlessly. A little sunshine on a winter day is always welcome.
Thank You, God
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am super duper thankful that Declan is thriving and the Brennyn has healed so well from her surgeries. Baby boy will have to have surgery on 04.22.2022 for a issue that we hope will be something easily repaired. We appreciate your continued love, prayers and good thoughts.
What are you thankful for this week? If you have a Thankful Thursday post, please link up with us so we can share in celebrating your blessings. Or leave me a comment below with some of the things you are thankful for today.
Off to beddy bye. Glad tomorrow is Friday. Hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. Stay well, my friends.
Hugs and kisses,