The gals at The Blended Blog are calling today’s TBB Asks post their giving thanks edition. We responded to questions about getting cozy for fall back in September, and about everything else fall related in October, remember? Refresh your memory right here and right here, if you need to.
Today’s questions center around things for which we are thankful. Let’s get started!
TBB Asks: Giving Thanks Edition
1. Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? Yes or no? Yes, I am keeping one now. It was gifted to me by sweet, darling Carrie at Curly, Crafty Mom. It is on my night stand as a reminder to write down my biggest gratefuls of the days in it each night. This is the one I have.
Here are few others I found. By clicking on the images, I earn a few pennies per click. Thank you for window shopping!
2. Hosting Thanksgiving at your house? Yes or no? Always. However, this year I think my PC and I will be alone. Well, with the kitties, of course, but they prefer seafood to turkey.
3. Favorite food from the Thanksgiving meal? Stuffing or dressing. Then all the desserts.
4. What one thing in nature are you most grateful for? Sunshine. It provides warmth, helps things grow, lights our way, and brings the promise of a new day.
5. Pumpkin pie: Yes or no? Absoltively. Posilutely. With whipped cream.
6. Traditional cookbook: Yes or no? I have several and used to subscribe to “A Taste of Home” magazine. But Pinterest has kind of made all of that obsolete. Would love to have you follow my food related boards: 21 Day Fix/Weight Watchers Recipes,Apppeteasers and Salads, Breakfast, Brunch and Bites Before Noon, Cooking, Cuisine and Calories,Delectable Desserts,InstaPot Magic, Snacks,and my personal favSouper Chili and Stews.
7. Oven baked or deep-fried turkey? Oven baked although my sister often does a fried turkey or even a smoked turkey and reports that both are tasty. Just not sure if a fried or smoked turkey can be stuffed. And if not, no thanks!
8. Thanksgiving leftovers: Yes or no? Yup, for about a day. Have been known to take the turkey bones and scraps to the desert to feed the animals. But then Danielle at Family.Love.Inspiration shared her recipe for turkey soup. Thinking I will be using all of those parts to make a pot of soup this year. Sorry about that stray desert animals.
9. What is one household product you’re most grateful for? The word ‘product’ kind of tripped me up. My instant response is crock pot. But does that count as a product? I also really, really like Bath & Body Works fragrance plugs. I love snow…S*N*O*W and this year, B&BW has a couple of new snow themed plugins. Which to buy?
10. Are you most grateful for home cooked meals or restaurant meals? I generally like to cook when I have time and the ingredients to make whatever it is I am hungry for. But I am married to the most considerate Prince in the kingdom. He will suggest we grab a sandwich, get Panda Express or just have soup to make things easier for me. He doesn’t cook (although he knows how) but is very appreciative that I do.
And those are my answers for this giving thanks edition of TBB Asks. You might recall that I do all of my grocery shopping the first of the month for the entire month. Only picking up milk, produce and odds and ends from Walmart as I need a few things. I did my big shopping for November last week without a thought about the upcoming holidays. In fact, I really didn’t even see turkeys and hams at the commissary. Or maybe they were all gone? Need to decide what I am going to fix for our Thanksgiving celebration because it will be ere before we know it.
Sometimes my sister, Valerie, plays along and answers the TBB questions in a comment below. Hope she will this month and would love to have you do the same. Here are the questions, if you want to copy and paste them into a comment with your responses. Have you begun thinking about Thanksgiving?
1. Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? Yes or no?
2. Hosting Thanksgiving at your house? Yes or no?
3. Favorite food from the Thanksgiving meal?
4. What one thing in nature are you most grateful for?
5. Pumpkin pie: Yes or no?
6. Traditional cookbook: Yes or no?
7. Oven baked or deep-fried turkey?
8. Thanksgiving leftovers: Yes or no?
9. What is one household product you’re most grateful for?
10. Are you most grateful for home cooked meals or restaurant meals?
Thank you for joining me for a few minutes out of your day. I have several posts in the works just need to get them finished up so you care cordially invited to stop back by again soon.
Have a productive week!
Hugs and kisses,