Linking up with the gals at The Blended Blog for this segment of TBB Asks, 02.2019: All About Relationships. Talking about bfs, gfs and BFFs.
So glad the gals at The Blended Blog are continuing their TBB Asks series into the new year. Missed receiving my monthly email from Andrea with the questions and the graphic last week, but Kellyann sent both to me, and Katie has added me to the TBB mailing list. Now I will be sure to have the questions and graphics to all their great things.
Here are the questions and my answers for this month.
TBB Asks: All About Relationships
When I saw these questions, I took a deep breath. Some pretty heavy stuff here. Not questions that can be answered with a simple ‘yes, I have’ or ‘no, I haven’t’. Of course, when have I ever answered anything simply! Today is no exception.
- Who is your oldest friend/how did you meet? My oldest friend is Sharon Denise House Dye. Hi, Sharonia!! We met in sixth grade, Mrs. Wilson’s homeroom at Elmore Park Elementary School, Bartlett, Tennessee (suburb of Memphis). The year was 1968. My family had moved from Boston to Bartlett early in the summer so when I started school in August, I didn’t know anyone. Our friendship really didn’t take off until seventh grade, when Sharon and I were cheerleaders together. We have been friends ever since. She lives in Oklahoma now and we don’t see each other much at all but we talk via text almost every single day.
- Tell us about your circle of support. Who are your people? My circle of support is my family and several very close friends and you guys, the readers who support me through this silly blog. And I am not just saying that to get brownie points, either!! PC is my stability, my ground. My sister and brother have become even more support to me in the past few years as we have struggled with my mom. My daughters support me at every turn. In addition to Sharonia, I have several close friends in El Paso who I rarely see but on whom I can count to be there. And my mama and in-laws.
- How did you meet your partner? PC and I met on Match.com. Well, we actually met at Applebees on a Thursday night after visiting back and forth via email once PC contacted me on Match.
- How is Valentine’s Day celebrated in your home? We don’t really do anything special or different, really, for Valentine’s Day. I like to think we are one another’s valentine all year through. I do have decorations up and a Valentine graphic tee on order…stay tuned. Oh, and a Valentine’s day craft, something quick that brought me peace while I was being creative.
- What is your love language? You know what? A few years ago, I wrote this post about the 5 love languages. You can read that post and take the quiz yourself to determine your own love language. But before I answer the question, I am going to step away and take the quiz again. I think maybe my answers have changed. Ok, I’m back. Here are my results: 10 Words of Affirmation; 7 Physical Touch; 7 Quality Time; 6 Acts of Service; 0 Receiving Gifts. And surprisingly, my languages haven’t changed since 2014.
- Do you prefer receiving flowers or chocolates? Flowers. On occasion, I even buy myself flowers. They are such a wonderful pick-me-up.
- What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received or have given? I gave PC a Lord of the Rings birthday about a year after we met. His cake was decorated with little LOTR figurines. I gave him the Anduril sword of Aragorn and the One Ring. It wasn’t so much about the gifts, I don’t think. But maybe just that I thought to give him bits of something he really loved, The Lord of the Rings. He seemed truly touched to the point of tears in his eyes.
How would you answer these relationship questions? Flowers or chocolates? How did you meet your partner? Any other Match.com success stories out there? Please share your answers in a comment below.
Be sure to run by The Blended Blog to see how those gals answered their own questions all about relationships. And if you have a TBB Asks post, link-up there with all of us.
So glad to have tomorrow off! Lots of things on my to-do list. What do you have planned?