Glad you are here for another Sentence a Day review and link-up. Our group of participants in this series is steadily growing by one or two bloggers a month. But there’s always room for more friends to join us. If you are interested, please let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group.
Sentence a Day, 8.2017
- Just published last month’s sentences and realized I am already behind for August. Does this have to count as my first sentence? Cheating here: Walked around UTEP’s beautiful Bhutanese inspired campus with Lorena and lunch at the Tea Spout, got to wear my raincoat. 8.1.2017
- Successful Skryping (Skype + scrapbooking) session with my sister, used my Cricut cutting machine and some other little devices for the first time in a long time. 8.2.2017
- PC is still sick but has new antibiotics on board; I am crossing everything possible in hopes that I stay well. 8.3.2017
- Lauren is sick with strep in Albuquerque, will be truly impressed if I stay well; enjoyed gym time, swim time – floated like kids on our air mattresses and talked, and date night for the Gilbert and Sullivan musical “The Yeomen of the Guard”. 8.4.2017
PC is my Hero
- Today was ‘PC is my HERO’ day – to rekindle the spark – it worked. 8.5.2017 (Came across a scrapbook page I had created for my Prince when he was a soldier. The title of the page was “My Hero” and featured PC in his uniform. Decided to celebrate my honey with a “PC is my HERO Day”. Balloons, an Army hero graphic tee, and a gift certificate to eat gyros.)
- Wonderful day…some little (pool-related) prayers answered, yard work, haircut that I actually like, gym, floating together then swimming in our beautiful pool, grilled hamburgers, “90 Day Fiance” and “Game of Thrones” for the cherry on top. 8.6.2017
Flitting from One Project to Another
- Day got started on the wrong foot and just didn’t get much better, when PC asked what I had done all day, my answer wasn’t terribly impressive but I sure was busy running around the house. 8.7.2017
- Nervous about the library professional development I will be giving on Monday and Tuesday. 8.8.2017
- Flitted around from one to-do to the next, crossing things off my list with zest. 8.9.2017
- Lunch with a dozen of my oldest, dearest educator friends from Schuster Elementary…blast from the past. 8.10.2017
- Busy day working my library presentation, running around getting materials for it, cleaning house, then walking in the rain to get Subway sandwiches for dinner with my Prince. 8.11.2017
- Odd, 3 days of sentences disappeared.
My Babies are Here
- My baby and her baby are here: pool time, walk to the park, bedtime bath and stories with Lucia. 8.12.2017
- My baby and her baby are gone: brunch with extended family, restful afternoon with my PC, evening preparing for my presentation with one eye on GoT. 8.13.2017
- Yikes, the presentation I prepared was for librarians but my audience turned out to be library aides, had to switch horses mid-stream. 8.14.2017
- Day two of my presentation was successful and only a bit exhausting which meant I indulged in a nap when I got home. 8.15.2017
- My kitties and I spent several hours curled up on the patio sofa together this morning; late this afternoon received a call requesting that I sub for a few weeks at an elementary school library where one of my former colleagues has recently retired. 8.16.2017
- Such mixed emotions today…happily returned to subbing only to discover how very sick the librarian is that I am subbing for, enjoyed reconnecting with old friends now working at Whitaker, Lorena stopped by to visit and we shared a few tears over the ups and downs of life. 8.17.2017
Last Minute Work on that Summer Bucket List
- Busy day at school, Chihuahuas game in the evening, trying to cross things off my summer bucket list. 8.18.2017
- Baseball with my favorite third baseman, blog writing and swimming. 8.19.2017
- Awoke to more rain so adjusted our day accordingly…brunch at la Madeleine, errands, gym and once the sun came out, a swim. 8.20.2017
- Glad to be back to work today, to weed many, many old dusty, unread books from the library shelves. 8.21.2017
- Appointment with my endocrinologist today points to increased calcium levels but reassurance that the masses on my parathyroid and thyroid are not growing. 8.22.2017
- Rolling around at night thinking of all I want to do in the library at Whitaker before my time there is up and worrying about/praying for my librarian-friend who worked there. 8.23.2017
Over crowded shelves still needing to be weeded.
Shelves that have been weeded and updated.
- Busy alternately weeding the nonfiction and easy sections, gym, swim, playing catch and pitching to PC in the garage. 8.24.2017
- Long, humid day at school, doctor’s appointment for choking in my throat and pain in my leg…related to my cervical spine issues?…dinner at our favorite mom and pop Mexican restaurant. 8/25/2017
- Feels like forever since payday…cheered on my favorite Yankee, cat nap with my kitty, Middle-eastern late lunch at Nour with my gyro, shopping, hot tub, beddy byes. 8/26/2017
- Hectic day with bike ride to the gym, kitty washing, grocery shopping, weeding in the yard, not the library today, floating on our air mattresses in the pool, ironing and laundry all the while worrying about my sister Valerie, her husband and son in the Houston flood. 8.27.2017
- Felt flustered and off-kilter early this morning with worry about my sister in Houston, but when I got to school, received a phone call from Lauren saying she had been hit by an 18 wheeler; thank God she and Lucia were not hurt. 8.28.2017
- Thankful for a quieter day. 8.29.2017
- Pizza and wine night; this retired librarian is out of practice on this work gig. 8.30.2017
- Oh, pay day, how sweet the sound; donations made to help victims of Harvey. 8.31.2017
The last week of August was very tough. I was sick with worry about my family in Houston as well as friends and strangers whose lives were being torn apart by the days of rain and flooding. As September begins, we are watching the weather again with an eye on Florida, and Georgia where my sweet friends Sheila from Making the Most of Every Day and Michael Ann from Out and Back live. Praying somehow Irma miraculously dissipates before making land fall.
Tell me true, how was your August? On a scale of 1-10, what would you give it? What was one of your highlights for the month? Please share in a comment below. And then hop by to check out the August each of my blogging buddies enjoyed/endured/both? If you have a post to share, link-up with us below!
This laptop is acting nutty again. Remember when my spacebar wasn’t.working.and.I.was.typing.a.period.in.substitution.for.a.space? Well, got that issue fixed with a new keyboard, but now my O and G keys are sticking. You don’t realize how many ‘O’s’ you type until you can’t type them! Having to POUND on the O key in particular to get it to work. therwise my pst wuld lk like this.
Here’s to an calm, border-line boring September. I could use a few days to catch my breath. How ’bout you?
Hugs and kisses,