By now, I think you know the drill…first Thursday of the month means it’s time for the “Sentence a Day” link-up. However, my sentences tend to be on the long-side…sometimes more like paragraphs. When you are a busy bee like me, it’s hard to sum up a day of life in a couple of words. So please bear with me as we run through one run-on after another describing my March.
Pool and Not-so-Balmy Breezes
- So much going on this month, excited to get started! 3/1/2017
- Our pool looks like…A POOL…complete with concrete now. 3/2/2017
- Required to spray the pool with water 3X a day for five days, getting excited!! 3/3/2017
- Woke up this morning to the music of the pool contractors attaching our tile; enjoyed 65 degree sunshine for PC’s first baseball game of the season (read year-they play winter, spring, summer and fall), uplifting message at church and Mexican for dinner = successful Saturday. 3/4/2017
- Successful trip to the Outlet Mall, thank you Sharonia for my Loft gift card. 3/5/2017
- This wind is making me tired; PC left for a work trip to Ft. Campbell at 3:30 am and I missed him at 3:31 am…couldn’t get back to sleep after he left because I kept looking for him in bed (and hearing the howling wind outside our windows). 3/6/2017
ABQ-DFW-LEX-DFW-ABQ and Home
- Busy day getting ready for my birthday trip to Albuquerque and Lexington…birthday shopping, oil change for car, new shoes at DSW, accessories to go with said shoes at Charming Charlie, and mani…a really, really good one. 3/7/2017
- Crazy morning with pool people, packing, cleaning, laundry…then hopped in the car to drive to Albuquerque…and all was better once I had my baby girl and her baby girl in my arms. 3/8/2017
- Full-time grandma duty today entertaining Lucia while Lauren worked…we enjoyed a long walk in the spring sunshine and splashing in the hot tub. 3/9/2017
- Flying around all morning at the kids’ apartment, watching Lucia while Lauren worked, then helping her get packed, finally heading to the airport at 3:00, arriving in Dallas at 7:30 and meeting up with Bren and Cady, then flying into Lexington at midnight…long day! 3/10/2017
- Up til 2:00 am giggling with my girls in our hotel, over to mom’s before noon in our matching “I love Nira Jean” tees, Val flew in and joined us at 1:00 – such a joy spending time with all my girls. 3/11/2017
- Scrapbooking, swimming, seeing all of mom’s sweet friends and showing off my girls, pizza with Metra, Jacob and Mark. 3/12/2017
- Celebrated mom and Lucia one last day today, dinner with Kevin, Jacob and Tara at her fav restaurant and a snow flurries as we drove home. 3/13/2017
- Another long day of travel…up at 4 am to fly home at 6:00, arrived in Albuquerque at 11:00, got Lauren and Lucia settled, then jumped in my car for the 4 hour drive back to El Paso and to my PC who came home early to be with me. 3/14/2017
More Pool and Wind and a Strappy Sports Bra
- Busy day settling in back at home, crock pot soup for supper, good gym workout, scrapbooking and Skyping with my sister, convos with my girls and mom. 3/15/2017
- More solar panel discussion. 3/16/2017
- Concrete poured for deck, worked out at the gym, batting cages and putt-putt, tried to see “Beauty and the Beast” but it was sold out, brought popcorn home and watched “Jackie” here. 3/17/2017
- Enjoyed being at the baseball park today watching my PC play. 3/18/2017
- Beautiful spring Sunday morning, planned to see “Beauty and the Beast” but it was sold out again, turns out Poppa (God) wanted us to see “The Shack” and I am so glad we did. 3/19/2017
A Few Creative Endeavors and Soup
- This whole month has been sentences about the progress of the pool…today the cool deck was applied; I cleaned house, laundry, made my Easter garland and wrote a post about it here, cheeseburger soup for my PC for dinner. 3/20/2017
- Happy official 90th birthday to my mom, I love her so…had a successful day decorating for spring in the kitchen, putting together my wheelbarrow and then cross-stitching my elephant picture. 3/21/2017
- Lunch with my Prince C., good conversation, really listening to each other over Brown Bag Deli sandwiches; killer workout at home, gonna be sore tomorrow. 3/22/2017
Yup, Still Windy
- As much as I love El Paso, I hate the wild winds that blow in every March – 60 mph gusts today had everything that isn’t tied down blowing all over the backyard. 3/23/2017
- Registered for another 5K on April 1 so put myself in training with a two mile jog on the treadmill today. 3/24/2017
- Baseball Saturday followed by Peter Piper Pizza and March Madness – my bracket Full Court Princess is not faring well at all. 3/25/2017
- My Prince was sick all last night and all day today so I played nurse without the skimpy little white nurse’s costume. 3/26/2017
- PC stayed home from work today but is feeling better; well enough to do a McKelligon Canyon photo shoot of me in my free JCP LBD. 3/27/2017
- Baked homemade bread and my 100+ year-old yeast is still alive!! 3/28/2017
- Felt like the phone was attached to my ear all day today…everyone needed my ear…AND Lauren and Francisco bought a house. 3/29/2017
- Toured the next library where I will be subbing in May, had lunch with my buddy Martha at her library, grocery shopping and then Drink and Draw with my PC, outside under the stars. (And it is still windy) 3/30/2017
- More darn wind, so much so the pool people wouldn’t work today, got a call to work as a sub in the elementary school library closest to home for a few weeks, worked on my cross stitch, dinner at Panda Express. 3/31/2017
So that was my March, in a few words. Seemed like a very looooong month to me. Maybe because of all of the wind???? And it is still blowing. I am afraid April’s sentences sound a little like the harping and complaining you have just read above.
Speaking of April…we have just gotten started on our sentences for this month. Still early enough for you to join the fun. And if you wrote sentences for March, be sure to link-up below.
If you blog, we will be linking-up again on May 4. But if you don’t, have no fear, you can still play! Just post pics to Instagram or Twitter, one a day with a sentence and use the tag #sentenceaday.
Can’t wait to update everyone on my spring bucket list in a couple of weeks. Still need to get after my unstuffing, decluttering and spring cleaning. And want to do another spring fever fashion post. Hope you will join me again real soon.
Go out there and make today worthy of a run-on sentence full of detail!!!
Hugs and kisses,