Welcome to Sentence a Day, 12.2019 – my December in one run-on sentence a day. These posts are lots of fun to read and review all that I have done each month. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to start for 01.2020 or pencil it in your agenda to begin with us in February.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand came up with the idea for SaD and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us. Now, let’s see what we were up to in El Paso.
Sentence a Day 12.2019
As you know by now, 2019 wasn’t my favorite year so saying adios was easy for me. You can read my year in review, here. All in all, December wasn’t a terrible month. Just frustrating that some of the struggles we faced throughout the year are following us into 2020.
- Breakfast at the hotel before heading over to mom’s apartment, accomplished some honey-dos for her, napped while PC watched football, dinner with Kevin and Leeann at O’Charley’s, good discussion, good food, reading “The Weekend” by Suzy England before bed in the hotel. 12.01.2019
- Didn’t sleep well worrying about mom, stopped by to kiss her goodbye before heading up to Ohio, ran by the Dayton Outlet Mall, checked into our questionable Super 8 hotel room, over to PC’s parents’ house for chili dinner, and a game plan for tomorrow’s arraignment proceedings. 12.02.2019
- Up early to get to the court house by 7:30, May had to go before the judge to hear the charges against her, requested counsel with a court appointed lawyer, he and the prosecutor will try to work out a deal so May doesn’t have to withstand a jury trial, lunch, spent time with Greta, dinner, Winan’s coffee and convo, blog writing and visiting with family. 12.03.2019
- Blogging after breakfast while PC did a load of laundry at his mom’s, visited with feisty Aunt Gladys, sinfully delicious Panera soup in a bread bowl for lunch, Escape Room with John, Greta, Prince C. – we saved the world from nuclear disaster with 5 minutes to spare, Winan’s coffee after, walked through downtown Troy and quick tour of the Hayner Museum, green chile egg puff for dinner, church with a message about gratitude, the boys played Upwords while the girls fooled around on their phones, bedtime. 12.04.2019
- Long day, so miserable when I travel and can’t take time to go to the bathroom; lunch-brunch with PC’s parents, John and Greta before heading down the road to Lexington, checked into our hotel, visited with mom for an hour or so before taking her for Chinese with Kevin, then she suggested we come back to the hotel to get some much needed rest. 12.05.2019
- Over to mom’s after a good night’s sleep and breakfast at the hotel, helped her with a few projects, ran to the gym for a mini-workout, lunch with mom, then ran to the mall to look for the H&M top I loved but that sold out at our EP store, dinner and back to the hotel for an early night; Lauren is having contractions. 12.06.2019
- My parents’ 68th anniversary and the 78th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, up at 4:00 am for our flight home, so glad to see our kitties, enjoyed a family nap together, then a matinee of “Knives Out”, soup for supper, and back in bed early. 12.07.2019
No Place Like Home
- Slept like babies in our own bed until PC’s acid reflux kicked in, interesting church service using clips from musicals, a walk around the outlet mall where I found the sequined top I want from H&M but because it is on display in their window, they wouldn’t sell it to me(!), Whataburger for lunch – oh, the onions – scrapbooking with my sister, laundry, fish sticks and football for supper. 12.08.2019
- Craziest weather – if the rain was snow, we’d have had a blizzard; dreamed I was pregnant so glad to wake up, did lots of laundry, ironing, tracking WW points today, kind of hungry today, gym, blog reading, lots of phone calls this evening. 12.09.2019
- Sleeping so well…thank you, rain…finished laundry, helped our neighbor find his kitty under our shed, good work out at the gym, put together my grocery list and menus for the month, including holiday baking, grocery shopping, steak and salmon for dinner, blog writing before bed, new peek at Cami. 12.10.2019
- Thankful to slip out of my warm bed in order to enjoy my quiet time first thing this morning, dressed in my $3 after-season holiday graphic sweatshirt, then over the mountain to help with Cia…have missed that baby girl and my baby girl so much, enjoyed cuddling both of them, dropped Lucia at school then ran to Hobby Lobby for supplies to make my Christmas cards which need to be created tomorrow!, cleaned and put away outdoor fall decor, started decorating for winter, skipped the gym and indulged in pizza for dinner. 12.11.2019
- I am grumpy and can hardly live with myself, much less expect PC to live with me…appointment with the new psychiatrist who prescribes my OCD meds and asked for something for anxiety; feel like I am copping out by having to take something to calm my anxiousness but that’s where I am right now, at least for now; still no official paperwork for PC’s new job, gym work out, put up fall and did most of my Christmas decorating. 12.12.2019
- PC had a tele-conference at home with his old job at 7 am, we were sleeping so well until 6:59!; spent the day buying clothes for our angel tree child, late lunch at Souper Salad, ironed a bit, did some blog reading before bed…so behind. 12.13.2019
Beginning to Look Like Christmas
- Slept like an angel, started my new anxiety medicine today, hopefully it will save my cuticles from being chewed and if so, I am going to get a manicure; gym, walk up McKelligon Canyon, put up the tree only to discover burned out lights that we need to replace, dinner with the kids at Casita Linda’s then took in the extraordinary light display sponsored by Fred Loya (insurance) at his home. 12.14.2019
- Slept so well again last night that we were late getting ready for church, so attended the second service of the musical celebration “Oh, Holy Night.” and it was exceptional with carols, costumes, ballet dancers and the Christmas story; struggled to put up our tree with one area of lights burned out, then PC moved the couch to find one of those tiny light bulbs and the lamp fell off the end table and shattered, decided to decorate the tree despite the light issue, gym, cheeseburger soup for supper, ironing before bed. 12.15.2019
Worries for My Baby and Her Baby
- Quiet time in my loft, then got a call that Lauren’s BP had spiked, doctor wanted her to go to labor and delivery; drove her to the hospital and stayed with her, we enjoyed a nice chat, after 5 hours, the doctor decided she was okay to go home; gym, PC cooked = Chipotle for dinner. 12.16.2019
- Over the mountain to help with Cia, bitter cold with low in the 20s, dropped pumpkin pie at school, quick run to Big Lots, Dollar Tree for last minute holiday things, worked on Christmas cards with my Prince, gym and PC cooked again = Subway for supper. 12.17.2019
- Have mercy, it has been one crazy week…first the 5 hour visit with Lauren to labor and delivery on Monday and then another 5 hour visit tonight where we watched Cia while the kids went to find out why Lauren’s amniotic fluid levels are decreasing; helped with Cia this morning, made Christmas cards in between. 12.18.2019
Other Kinds of Worries
- Today was May’s second court date, awoke praying at 6:00 am, 8:00 am Ohio time, which was the time of her hearing; disappointing and troubling developments; finished Christmas cards and ironing, tidied up but need to do big time house cleaning, took a walk in our brisk afternoon weather, teriyaki beef stew for dinner, blog reading and writing before bed. 12.19.2019
- Up early for PC’s pain management appointment – his back his hurting worse again, having nerves burned for a second time in January, gym then home to shower for our Swedish hot stone massage – how I love Woodhouse Day Spa – followed by movie (“Star Wars – P’s choice) and popcorn for dinner. 12.20.2019
A Little Synchronicity
- A little housecleaning in the morning, wrapped presents, went for a walk, small world – sold our treadmill to a gal who had a kitty that was sick with kidney failure and I had donated to help pay his vet bills, didn’t realize who she was until she mentioned Nike the cat, Panda Express for dinner, review of my Christmas bucket list on the blog. 12.21.2019
- Hopped out of bed, showered and dressed for church in 30 minutes, iHop breakfast after service, walk around the outlet shops but everything was pretty well stirred, home to clean the upstairs, scrapbooked and visited with my sister, soup and quesadillas for supper, blog writing before bed. 12.22.2019
- Up early but hit snooze because I dreamed we were trying to move the treadmill out through the bedroom window (which we did do on Saturday) and I told myself to hit snooze til I could help PC get it out of the window successfully; over the mountain for Cia time, then Lauren and I had a mani/pedi and that little diabla paid for mine – so sweet, shopped at AnnieMo’s again, gym, picked up groceries at Walmart, dinner, football and blogging. 12.23.2019
- Housecleaning on the agenda today, and a start to the Christmas cookie baking, tried to melt a bag of chocolate chips and when they wouldn’t melt, inspected the package to find they expired in 2007, even though I bought them at the commissary 3 weeks ago. 12.24.2019
- Santa brought me some unique, snazzy Le Artiste shoes, wore them with my ‘true story’ nativity tee and Buffalo plaid sweater over to the kids’ house where we watched Lucia so Francisco and Lauren could go see “Star Wars,” Lucia’s other grandmother made us buñuelos, watched “Little Women,” which was wholesome entertainment, then home worn slick from playing with that baby. 12.25.2019
- Our home is bursting with love tonight now that both of my girls are home for ‘Christmas’ – a day after the fact; busy this morning finishing up the cookie baking and house cleaning, putting together the cocoa bar, Brennyn, Mustafa and Cady arrived about 2:30, Lauren and fam were here by 3:30, we played in the park then went to Taco Tote for dinner, girls jumped in the bouncy house, then had a bath together before Cia went home and we all went to bed so Santa could come. 12.26.2019
- Everyone slept late, didn’t get up til close to 10 am, Cady checked out her Santa gifts and then we went for doughnuts, PC and I started cooking, Lauren and Cia arrived mid-morning, we took a walk around the reservoir at the foothills of the mountains, finished up dinner prep and ate late afternoon, opened presents, Bren and fam went to see “Star Wars” with her dad, Buff and fam went home early, we vegged. 12.27.2019
- Fun in Ruidoso today…walking through the shops, snapping pictures, eating pizza at Cafe Rio, Brennyn’s favorite place, wine tasting at Noisy Water Winery and playing in the snow before a little gambling at Inn of the Mountain Gods, headed home at 7:30 and encountered a pack of oryx that we almost hit on the highway. 12.30.2019
- Busy New Year’s Eve Day with the Sun Bowl game followed by tacos at Chico’s, soak in the hot tub and snacks before midnight and champagne, glad to bid 2019 adieu. 12.31.2019
Here’s a quick 30 sec video of my month in review.
How did your December 2019 wind up? What the best thing that happened? In which ways did you struggle? If you have a month in review post, please link up with us below or share a summary of your December or year’s end with me in a comment.
One of my winter goals is to be a better organized blogger. Planning out all the month’s posts today. Hope you will consider joining in for Sentence a Day this year (1st Tuesday), or Wellness Weekend (3rd Sunday) or Winter Bucket List (01.21.2020). Would love to have YOU join me!! Also hoping to rekindle Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone (last day of each month), some fashion haus posts, and Tasty Tuesdays.
Have a blessed first full week of January, friends. Thank you for spending a few moments here with me.
Hugs and kisses,