Welcome to Sentence a Day 11.2020 – my November in one run-on sentence a day. I have bought a real, true journal where I can write more than one sentence for each day. But I still like these posts for keeping track of what happened in my life and when.
These SaD posts originated with Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand. Hope you will run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. This is one of my favorite series to participate in so I hope we will continue Sentence a Day into the new year.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Here’s how November panned out around our house.
Sentence a Day 11.2020
Dia de los Muertos
- Can’t believe we are into the 11th month of the year and yet, I can’t wait to put this year behind us; walked McKelligon Canyon after a pancake breakfast, stopped at Valley Market bakery, finished my God Made Girl painting while Skyping with my sister, cheesy cowboy chowder for dinner, pan de muertos for dessert, lots of blog organizing this evening. 11.01.2020
- Busy all morning washing our bedding as directed by the hospital, worked on a few blog posts, short walk, added a little glitter like icing on top of my angel painting…now she really is done; cleaned the house a bit, picked up Cami and Cia from school so we could snuggle and play before my surgery tomorrow, Cami cried when I left and Lucia ran up to me over and over for one last kiss, Facetimed with Brennyn and Cady, miss them so much; McD’s for dinner, have been surprisingly calm about tomorrow’s surgery. 11.02.2020
Parathyroidectomy and a New Pres
- Election day and surgery day; early to the hospital, doctor was late, anesthesiologist surprised me by suggesting I might also need to have my thyroid removed and my thymus (what’s a thymus?); turned out they just removed a parathyroid gland and I was home before 3:00 pm., in little pain, PC made tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner, talked to everyone briefly on the phone to let them know I was okay, early to bed without knowing who won the Presidential election.
- Election results are still pending, SMH, woke up in the wee hours of the morning thinking it was Thursday and that I needed to set up my fantasy football, then realized it was just Wednesday but I couldn’t go back to sleep, after breakfast we walked to the dollar store to get some hard candy to soothe my throat and coughing, afternoon nap, more election results on TV, started new series “Truth Be Told,” 3,100 new cases of Covid today in El Paso, 59 wishes on the wish tree at the park. 11.04.2020
On the Road to Recovery
- Took it easy most of today, took several walks, and a nap, pizza for dinner, left the TV off most of the day, started feeling pretty weird before bed, read on my discharge paperwork that I may need to take calcium for a bit to balance my drastic decline in calcium after my surgery; the doctor had prescribed calcium but Walmart failed to fill it, will start using Tums til things get straightened out with the prescription. 11.05.2020
- Felt better this morning but by noon I started feeling strangely again, picked up Walmart grocery order, avoided the TV again today, Lauren and the girls came for dinner, she treated us to Panda Express, I am not able to carry or lift the babies right now so it was hard to snuggle or help with them, PC was so good with Lucia. 11.06.2020
Shut Up Tight
- Long, strange day…at noon I would have sworn it was bedtime, it was determined that Biden won the election and the U.S. has its first woman Vice President-elect, a hopeful time in history, time for a kinder, gentler administration but we can’t afford to lose the ground we gained internationally and economically before Covid; over 1000 new cases, everything is shut down, took several short walks, and a nap, worked on a craft instead of using my laptop tonight. 11.07.2020
- Early to bed but early to rise, up several times in the night before getting up for good before 7:30 am, laid in bed for family time with the kitties, read on The Love Story of Missy Carmichael until the puppy in the story died and I was left crying hysterically, and unable to read on, broken-hearted, fixed breakfast and 2 loaves of banana bread, picked up Cia and took her to the park, McD’s for lunch, intermittent sprinkles all afternoon, scrapbooked with my sister, HelloFresh dill chicken with roasted potatoes and green beans for dinner, football before bed. 11.08.2020
- Monday means laundry and ironing, at a slower pace today, spent an hour or more trying to figure out how I received a blouse from Loft that I don’t remember ordering and that didn’t show on my orders; took a walk, worked on my winter painting, shrimp tempura for dinner, football on TV, my fantasy team has risen from the very bottom to third place. 11.09.2020
- Nice Tuesday, fall weather, vacuumed pool, ironed, cleaned some kitchen cabinets, and the freezers getting ready for Thanksgiving, watched video about snow globe painting, walk with PC before dinner, pork loin, baked potato, broccoli with cheese sauce, my computer is on the blink. 11.10.2020
- Think I overdid it yesterday because I was hurting all night, and tossing and turning; wore my cropped wide leg pants to the commissary, first time I have been dressed and out since my surgery, bought a turkey and ham and other things to keep us in food, took a walk this afternoon, leftover pork loin sammies and a salad for dinner, had the sweetest email from my friend Cathy in Missouri, blog reading tonight, at 8:00 pm it felt like it should have been midnight. 11.11.2020
- Felt better again this morning…oy vey, these roller coaster rides…put away the Halloween and Dia de los Muertos decorations, vacuumed the pool, fixed white chicken chili, worked on my Where Bloggers Live blog post, took a nice walk when PC got home, Thursday night football. 11.12.2020
- Paul had an early osteopath appointment, fixed us a good breakfast before, we took a walk when he got home, then had lunch before he headed for work, had planned to paint in the afternoon but kept thinking ‘what’s the point?’; hate feeling so sad, so unmotivated, took a too-long walk in the desert, really tired when I got home, frozen pizza for dinner, my incision began oozing so texted Francisco to ask advice, he offered to text my doctor for me. 11.13.2020
- Doctor called bright and early, will see me on Wednesday, doesn’t think my incision is infected but to keep an eye on it, walked around the outlet mall which was all but shut up tight, around West Towne shopping center which was a little more lively, McDonald’s for lunch which I really did not want as I am tracking my WW points, Facetimed with my sister, talked to mom a minute but she is struggling again, started “Outlander” tonight. 11.14.2020
Busy Weekend ‘Round the House
- PC has already gone up to bed so I will scribble this sentence and join him; enjoyed Sunday School with my sister’s church via Zoom, the message was about believing…my WOTY, more to come; cleaned and organized the garage, it looks so good; took a walk, ate peanut butter sammies for lunch and Subway for dinner, football, blog reading and Duolingo this evening, my fantasy football team is in second place!! 11.15.2020
- Over the mountain to help with the babies for the first time all month, Cami is saying Gabba-babba and Gabbies, Cia told me she loved me so much, big hug from Buff (Lauren), played ‘kitties’ with Cia then took her to school, snuggled Cami til she fell asleep, took Cami to school, vacuumed and mopped, cleaned the downstairs bathroom, walked in the desert and finished Nine Women, One Dress, a fun, light story that ties everything together in the end with one LBD, fixed HelloFresh for dinner and had a glass of wine, football, “The Voice” and lots of blog reading before bed. 11.16.2020
Getting Back to Normal in Some Ways
- Visited with Brennyn and Cady on the phone as I crossed the mountain to help with my littles today, took both girls to school, hit the laundry hard when I got home, took an afternoon walk and one after dinner, worked on my gingerbread winter wonderland painting, read blogs before bed. 11.17.2020
- Got the A-Okay to exercise from the doctor after he examined my incision, I do have a seroma that may need to be lanced and drained – fun – but might resolve itself, breakfast at iHop, walked around the outlet mall where nothing is open, more laundry, Taco Bell for dinner, walk around the park and a game of HORSE with a rubber baseball, blog reading before bed. 11.18.2020
- Talked to my mom on the way across the mountain, had the sweetest welcome when I arrived at Lauren’s, Cia and I visited all the way to school, Cami was fussy or spicy, as the kids like to say, and struggled to nap, we took a walk in the record warm sunshine, then I finally got her to sleep, we dropped her at school, then had lunch and visited AnnieMo’s Christmas shop, changed sheets on the bed, began housecleaning, Hamburger Helper for dinner, “A Million Little Things” on TV before bed. 11.19.2020
- Paul’s Friday off, slept in a little bit, he scrubbed the hot tub, washed down the deck, I scrubbed the kitchen cabinets. BBQ grill and patio furniture, picked up photos to send to my mom, drove across the mountain to pick up the babies at Kindercare and our spaghetti dinners from their fundraiser, played with Cia and Cami in the back yard and ate on their patio, Lauren bought me the most beautiful fall wreath that I had drooled over at AnnieMo’s, stopped on the way home to get a $5 basketball at $5Below. 11.20.2020
Finishing the Fall Cleaning
- Sleeping so soundly these days, after breakfast washed the upholstered kitchen chairs, high chair, booster seat, PC spray painted the discolored area on our leather couch and it looks great, he organized all of our old LP record albums, I oiled the kitchen cabinets, kitchen and dining room chairs and tables, played around the world on the basketball court at the park and I WON, pizza for dinner, soak in the hot tub, early to bed. 11.21.2020
- Disturbing dreams had me up early, then realized our atomic clock had changed the time itself, again, we need a new alarm clock!; walked up to buy doughnuts for breakfast, ate them at the park with coffee (me) and chocolate milk (PC), hoped to play around the world but some others were on the court, walked up McKelligon Canyon getting 12,000 steps and 14 stories, picked up grocery order, back down to the park to try to play but the court was in use again, washed some clothes, fixed jalapeño poppers and a shrimp ring for dinner, really tired tonight, blog reading before bed. 11.22.2020
- Over the mountain and through the desert to granddaughter’s house I go, played with Cia for about 45 minutes before getting her ready for school, helping with breakfast then dropping her off, quick stops at Dollar Tree for chargers – score!, Hobby Lobby for gold plastic silverware, Albertsons for cheese with blueberries and a bottle of wine for my sister; worked the rest of the day on the house, vacuuming, dusting, changing sheets, cleaning guest bath, Subway for supper, only 323 new Covid cases today, prayers answered. 11.23.2020
- Didn’t sleep well, too many things swirling around in my mind, finished cleaning the downstairs, vacuumed and mopped, made maple bourbon chili, Watergate salad, and corn bread for dinner, and an apple dump cake for dessert, cleaned the pool, but just as I finished, a huge gust of wind blew everything right back into the pool, my sister Valerie and Roby arrived about 2:30, we visited then walked down to the park to visit the wish tree, ate dinner with PC got home, soaked in the hot tub before bed. 11.24.2020
- Slept so soundly, had breakfast – Valerie’s delicious banana bread, then headed for Dripping Springs in New Mexico to hike in the glorious sunshine, it was a beautiful day, drove home through the pecan orchards, late lunch at Victoria’s, played dominoes and watched “The Girl on the Train” with apple dump cake for dessert. 11.25.2020
- Happy Thanksgiving!! Bittersweet…missed my babies and their babies today but enjoyed having Valerie and Roby around our table, took a walk with my sister this morning, started the cooking about 10:00, shot some hoops with the boys, ate about 3:30 – turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, then walked it off at the reservoir, talked to all the family, played Suspense and Upwords, then enjoyed a quick soak in the hot tub. 11.26.2020
- Valerie and I actually did some quick Black Friday shopping at Kohl’s, AnnieMo’s Christmas shop, and Old Navy for masks and cozy socks for the residents at mom’s apartment complex, left overs for lunch, basketball at the park in the afternoon, movies and charcuterie (love my board) – yay, earned a ✔️ for my autumn bucket list; my sister and I painted snow globes at the kitchen table while the boys watched TV. 11.27.2020
Just the Two of Us
- Roby and Valerie slipped out sometime early in the morning to drive home to Houston, so enjoyed their visit, PC and I slept like babies with the kitties snuggled up in bed with us, we were lazy in bed til mid-morning, leftovers for brunch, I picked up around the house, caught up on laundry while Paul put our new elliptical and rowing machines together, played about 30 minutes of basketball, tried to help some neighbors rescue a kitty in a drainage ditch, chili for dinner, “Elf” on TV before bed. 11.28.2020
- Cool weather made for a great night’s sleep, walked up McKelligon after breakfast – 10k steps, stopped to vote for mayoral run-off, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch, worked on my second snow globe painting while Facetiming with my sister, used our new rowing machine and elliptical, got to get back in shape, lasagna rolls for dinner – that shouldn’t be in the same sentence with getting in shape, watched “Hillbilly Elegy” – have tonight…have mercy, so sad, the book is among the titles my book club is voting on for December. 11.29.2020
And That’s a Wrap
- Had my usual Sunday night worries that kept me from sleeping well last night, blood work for my Wednesday endocrinologist appointment, mailed packages and complained at the post office about the horrible postal service in our area after having another package delivered to the wrong address, not sure where the afternoon went, said goodbye to my wishtree as I took home my yarn and scissors, Mom fell before bed, 5 people at Paul’s office have Covid, worked out on our rowing and elliptical machines, watched “The Voice,” so cold tonight!! 11.30.2020
Cannot believe we are welcoming December today. Praying that with the new year, we can finally begin to put Covid behind us. Before we say goodbye, here’s a 30 sec review of my November in video.
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 11.2020? Are your numbers skyrocketing again? We have begun to plateau but I think we are still on our first wave. The virus came to El Paso about 2 months after it hit everywhere else. I think most places are seeing their second wave with the increases now. Afraid we will get slammed again right after the holidays.
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
Thank you for spending a few moments of your day here with me. For months, I have been on and off about blogging. Hope to have some clarity about it as we approach 2021.
Hugs and kisses,