Sweet friends, thank you for joining me for this month’s Sentence a Day 11.2019. It was another crazy month around the castle. But before you read all the deets for November, you might want to have a quick review of what happened in October, here. These posts are lots of fun to write and provide a great review for all that I have done each month. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up would like to invite you to try participating in the coming new year.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand came up with the idea for SaD and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us. Now, let’s see what we were up to in El Paso.
Sentence a Day 11.2019
- Half-day sub job for kinder, lazy afternoon with a power nap, bike ride late in the afternoon before dinner. 11.01.2019
- Chilly-willy these mornings, walked up McKelligon Canyon, stopped by Dollar Tree to buy goodies for Trey at basic training in Ft. Leonard Wood, party for the 50 and over baseball team, good to visit with all of the wives, home by 9:00 pm and ready for bed. 11.02.2019
- Another good church service…so happy to be part of a church that does so much to help our community; mailed care package to Trey, lazy afternoon and evening with football on TV, grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for supper. 11.03.2019
- Up early to head across the mountain, Cia was especially adorable today, maybe because I haven’t seen her in 3 days; ran errands after dropping her at school, washed our bedspread, curtains, blankets, mattress pad at the laundromat, PC had a tele-interview for a position here in EP, laundry, steaming, put our bed back together, gym, Chipotle for supper, unplugging!! 11.04.2019
- Couldn’t get up this morning…our freshly laundered bedding made for heavenly sleeping, helped with Cia, ironed some more, took down my dia de los muertos altar, walked up to our polling place to vote, and then PC took me to our fave Mexican restaurant for dinner, alternated between “The Voice” and “Dancing with the Stars” til bedtime. 11.05.2019
- Productive happy day…up early for QT with my new gratitude journal, organized ideas for my next lesson plan for our TpT store, organized my thoughts for the story I am working on, gave a little thought to my creative writing prompt all before sun-up, fun with Cia, we counted red and orange trees on the way to school, cleaned freezers and fridge, inventoried food and made grocery list, pulled together recipes, put up Thanksgiving decor, colored part of the Bible journaling page, gym but my heart started hurting – strange; Lauren had another ultrasound and Cami is showing off…3.5 lbs., 87% percentile in size, head down and the issue with the placenta has corrected – thank You, God, new recipe for supper – a winner. 11.06.2019
Cia Snuggles and Dusting Tussles
- Found Cia cuddled deep down under the covers this morning, so joined her there for a bit, then we played bunnies, then we played “Frozen,” then we played with little stuffed animals she calls the ‘piggies’, then we had lots of huggies before I left her at school; came home and cried my eyes out, would like to blame it on my period but that gig was over in 2005, my current book made me cry, my country playlist on Spotify made me cry, thinking of my dad made me cry, PC’s job situation, my job situation – more tears; went to the grocery store, put up groceries, ate a new stew recipe for dinner – didn’t eat the recipe I guess, but we ate the stew, caught up on “A Million Little Things” and now I want to cry some more. 11.07.2019
- My Prince C. and I got into a tussle about what we use to clean the wood furniture, which escalated into a heated discussion about cleaning house in general and left both of us frustrated and upset with each other, once we got the house cleaned up – joint effort – we worked out at the gym, then saw “Midway” at the movies, sammies for supper and “Live PD” while blogging tonight, Lauren is having what we hope is Braxton-Hicks contractions. 11.08.2019
- Busy day starting with a hike to Cottonwood Springs – had planned to go to McKittrick Canyon but Lauren having false labor, we decided to hike in our own backyard, wound up hiking beyond the springs to Mundy’s Gap, then down the mountain and over to pick up Cia for dinner, a run to a bookstore and fun at a park. 11.09.2019
- Overslept for early church service…the hike and Cia wore us out…attended later service then met Lauren and Cia for our Sunday stroll around the outlet stores, home for a soak in the hot tub before bed. 11.10.2019
- Veteran’s Day had me thankful for those who have sacrificed to keep our country safe and strong, including my father and my Prince; gym, walk around the mall inside as it was too cool to walk up the canyon, used Walmart grocery pick up to get a few things we forgot at the commissary, bought a bucket of popcorn at the theater then watched “Saving Private Ryan” on TV at home=tears, the things our poor soldiers experience; leftover stew for dinner, blog writing tonight. 11.11.2019
Making Money and Spending It
- Threw together a pot of enchilada soup early this morning, quiet time, blog writing and reading, scrapbooked a page for Lauren’s wedding, laundry washing, folding, putting away, gym workout then soup for supper. 11.12.2019
- Nice morning doing quiet time, getting organized in my agenda, ran to Kohl’s for a plaid shirt I had seen over the weekend, got it for $12, subbed at Hillside Elementary for a PK class, had fun and the kids were very good, hamburgers on the grill for dinner. 11.13.2019
- Across the mountain to help with Cia this morning, stopped at Nayda’s Beads to pick up some jewelry I had repaired, gym work out before dinner, stopped at the new El Paso Strong memorial and ran by the Walmart on its opening day, more disappointing news about PC’s joblessness. 11.14.2019
- Girls, the 27 children in 1C at Douglass Elementary about whooped my butt today; I earned my $40; talked with PC’s mom this morning and she will have to go to court about her wreck on 12.03.2019, and because this is such a serious case, we feel like we should be with her, bought tickets to be in KY-OH 11.30-12.07.2019. 11.15.2019
Dinosaurs for Date Night
- We were feeling very lazy and uninterested in doing much of anything until noon, then did a workout at the gym, planned to take a walk but ran out of time before we had to pick up Cia to take her to see the dinosaurs at the coliseum, followed by pancakes at iHOP and a dip in the hot tub, Lucia was the joy we needed today. 11.16.2019
- Slept like a hibernating bear, woke curled at the foot of the bed trying to get warm, off to church for a message about hope that brought encouragement to my heart and tears to my eyes, weekly walk around the outlet mall where I scored textured black tights and a turtleneck at H&M, baked an easy quiche that was so yum for brunch, walk up McKelligon Canyon, laundry, organized my blog posts, and other things for the coming week. 11.17.2019
- Love my Mondays where I get back on track, clean sheets on the bed, clean house, laundry done and put away, gym work out, blog post written, good quiet time to include Calm.com for a change, meatloaf for supper. 11.18.2019
- Out the door early for a sub job on Ft. Bliss, 3rd graders, a pretty good class; stopped at Animal Shelter to donate treats, then Old Navy to pick up my skinny pink cords, walked a mile with PC so we could skip the gym with clear conscience, chicken salad sammies for supper, painted on Thanksgiving rocks. 11.19.2019
- Prayers answered…thank You, God…PC has a job offer that won’t have him leaving home to work in a far off land, more details as we find out tomorrow, but feeling such a relief, tears of joy; as I pulled into the driveway after subbing with 3 year-olds today, I had a feeling something good had happened, I walked in the door and asked my Prince C. to tell me something wonderful and he did!!, celebratory Mexican food for dinner. 11.20.2019
- Supposed to sub today but received a message from the teacher I was to cover for asking if I could do her lessons in Spanish – to which I replied not perfectly but I can speak and read and write – she seemed very put off by that so I declined the job in hopes that she could get a Spanish speaking sub to take the job, ironed, painted on rocks, run at the gym, made a delicious soup for dinner from Penny’s recipe which was part of our recipe swap blog hop. 11.21.2019
- Thanksgiving lunch at Lucia’s school, our angel girl was precious in her Indian headband, home to workout at the gym before meeting the kids again at Flix for Frozen II – I couldn’t tell you what the movie was about because I was too busy loving on PC on one side and Cia on the other, good snuggles. 11.22.2019
- Blessed telemarketers ringing the phone off the hook at 8:00 am, ugh, but we used it to our advantage and enjoyed a morning walk up McKelligon Canyon and a run back down, showered and then headed to Las Cruces for the UTEP-NMSU Battle of I-10 football game (leftover activity from my autumn bucket list) which was very entertaining and the sun kept us comfortable, home for soup and a soak in the hot tub. 11.23.2019
- Eighteen years ago today my 3 year old nephew Andrew lost his battle with Wilm’s Tumor kidney cancer, doesn’t seem possible that it has been that long since we held that baby in our arms, we love you, baby; on our way to church stopped for a doughnut at Valley Market, another hopeful message at church, walked the outlet where I scored 2 skirts and 2 sweaters for less that $75.00 at Loft Outlet, iHop for brunch, picked up Cia, brought her to our house, she played while we cleaned out dresser drawers and our closet, then took her to the park, quick dinner, soak in the hot tub and bath time before Lauren and Francisco picked her up. 11.24.2019
- Kind of all over the place today…up to help with Cia across the mountain, home to do laundry, gym, clean out my closet and try on about 2 dozen pairs of pants/jeans in various sizes, packed up sweaters, pants, shoes to donate and PC did the same, painted Thanksgiving rocks to leave about, blog reading tonight. 11.25.2019
- Busy girl with Cia duty, brunch with Lorena, bookmark shopping for our virtual book club bookmark swap, gym, scrapbooking via Facetime with my sister Valerie, dinner, blog reading and writing, talked to Cady, Brennyn, Kevin and Mom. 11.26.2019
- Snuggled with Cia in bed before getting her ready for school, ran by H&M to take pics of some of their chic holiday-wear, picked up our packets for the Turkey Trot 5K just as the rain promised for the next 2 days began to fall, home to bake an apple pie and begin thinking about Thanksgiving dinner. 11.27.2019
- Happy Thanksgiving, pouring down a cold rain at race time so we stayed home in bed, turkey went into the oven about 10:00, everything else came together easily, kids arrived at 4:00 and we were eating at 4:01, played with Cia afterward for several hours, then gave her a quick bath, read a book and sent her bundled up home across the mountain, missed my Ft. Worth girls, today but so thankful to have Lauren and family here. 11.28.2019
- Slept so well, kitties got into bed with us once we were awake and we all snuggled, packed out suitcases for tomorrow’s trip, after breakfast ran to the outlet mall where my leather skirts were 30% off at H&M, bought both styles, my mom fell but wasn’t badly hurt, spent the afternoon talking with her, my brother and sister about her while trying to work out at the gym, both of us are dreading this trip in a lot of ways, leftovers for early dinner/late lunch, blog reading and writing before bed. 11.29.2019
The Friendly Skies
- Up before 4:00 am to shower and head to the airport for our flight to Kentucky, with rain everywhere our flight was delayed about an hour, checked into hotel and then over to see mom, who seemed sadly hollow or removed and withdrawn, confused, dinner and Bingo then bed time. 11.30.2019
I recently started using the app 1 Sec Everyday to create a quick video of my month. Thanks to Deb at Deb’s World for sharing this app with me. Here’s a video summary of my November 11.2019.
What have you done to kick off the last month of the year? We have been in Kentucky and Ohio with our parents, all of whom are struggling. Tough times.
P.S. Winter 2019 Capsule Wardrobe
And the Get Your Pretty On winter 2019 capsule wardrobe is the perfect way to try some of the new trends and add a little pizzazz to your existing cold weather pieces. Registration is now open. You can use my affiliate link, here, to register for the style challenge. Muchas gracias!!
Upon registering, you will receive immediate access to the following tools to update your winter wardrobe with time-honored faves and new trends:
● A capsule wardrobe shopping list of on trend items and classics basics (you’re free to shop where you want and spend as much or as little as you want!). SHOP YOUR CLOSET FIRST! You will discover new ways to wear perpetual favorites.
● Links to shop for recommended items online or in store (we’ve done the work for you by choosing items to suit every budget and body type and age group!) EVEN GRANDMAS CAN BE STYLISH!
● A beautifully designed printable outfit guide so you can hang it in your closet when you need inspiration. And a host of new Facebook fashionista friends to share your new looks with!!
Hugs and kisses,