Here we are again with another post in the “Sentence a Day” series. And as I type this we are already into the last month of this crazy-fast year. I just don’t know how it’s possible that I am writing my last sentences for 2017. These days I don’t dare blink for fear of missing a entire month!
Sentence a Day, 11.2017
On the ‘down’ side, November was a whole lot like September and October. More hassles with the pool builder. They did work on buffing out the pits and stains in the plaster. And when the fitting on the suction line to our pump cracked, it only took them three days to come out and get it replaced. But we still have 30+ cracks in our brand new deck. Unacceptable. So expect some more belly-aching about that.
On the ‘up’ side, I enjoyed visits with my daughters and granddaughters this month. But rather than telling you about it here, let’s get to my sentences.
Leaving a Library
- Feliz Dia de los Muertos, el Día de los Angelitos, the day designated for remembering children who have passed; missing you Andrew. 11.01.2017
- Sad, yeah, again…have worked so hard in the Whitaker library only to hear the new librarian say she was going to be changing and undoing/redoing everything I’ve done. 11.02.2017
- Met with the admin at another elementary school where they need a substitute librarian but got a bad vibe; might just have been my body and mind telling me that I need a break; I want to be home for awhile. 11.03.2017
No Place Like Home
- My new phone arrived and has been uploading apps and charging all day…no more broken camera lens and foggy-looking photos, dinner at Texas Roadhouse and quiet evening at home. 11.04.2017
- For all our talk about getting back to an exercise routine, we have hardly moved in the last week and today was no exception, #hibernation. 11.05.2017
- Oh, hurray for a day at home…even if it was spent doing laundry, cleaning toilets and vacuuming kitty fur…I was home. 11.06.2017
- Another day home, cleaning the downstairs today after some quiet time on my back porch in the warm November sunshine. 11.07.2017
The Ohio Clingans
- Finishing touches on my clean house, Walmart run before welcoming my BIL and SIL, John and Greta respectively, to our home for a visit. 11.08.2017
- Shopping from west to east El Paso with lunch and a visit to the batting cages for the boys, in between. 11.09.2017
- Beautiful fall weather for our hike to Dripping Springs, late lunch at St. Clair Bistro and Winery followed by “Murder on the Orient Express” and “Live PD”, all with the Ohio Clingans. 11.10.2017
- Veterans Day with art in the park, final swim of the season, hamburgers on the grill and Shakespeare on the Rocks. 11.11.2017
- Our house guests headed for home this afternoon; need to get back to exercising and eating better this week. 11.12.2017
Hurray for To-do Lists
- Sluggish today; had aspirations for accomplishing much but tomorrow is another day. 11.13.2017
- So thankful to the cave woman who created the first to-do list…this girl does so much better with a to-do list to guide her. 11.14.2017
- Another good day…really helps to start the day with my Miracle Morning routine then to build in time to enjoy some kind of craft project…today it was work on my mosaic. 11.15.2017
- Yay for: painters who show up on time and do what they are supposed to do, 5K training runs on the treadmill and food truck circus dinners. 11.16.2017
- Thankful for children’s books like Wonder by R.J. Palacio that are made into equally important movies; the theater was full of families which, to me, indicated the number of kids who have read or been read to this story and have been touched by its ‘choose kind’ message. 11.17.2017
Ft. Worth on My Mind
- My 5k morning run has me hobbling but with a certain swagger tonight, the 70 minute flight to Ft. Worth afterward was followed by dinner at Sushi Tao, writing and playing Slitherio with Cady, LOTR movie watching with Bren, Mustafa and my Coo. 11.18.2017
- Snuggles and reading with Cady in bed this morning followed by several rounds of Barbies interspersed among a tour of the model home like the house the kids are building, meals, a trip to Nebraska furniture and Cowboy football. 11.19.2017
- Helped Cady work on her story – why can’t I be as enthusiastic about my own? – another round of Barbies with the condo and RV (that doll is living the life), visit to the aquarium and quiet evening at home. 11.20.2017
- Jumping and JCP followed by soup and salad at Olive Garden, then my time in Ft. Worth was over; home to my PC and the royal kitties. 11.21.2017
- Quick morning at home before jumping in the car for the drive to Albuquerque and into the arms of my Lauren, Lucia and Francisco. 11.22.2017
- Grateful to be with PC and the kids around the Thanksgiving table; thankful to live in America, for family, friends, good health, the animals in my life, and the many opportunities I’ve been given. 11.23.2017
- Black Friday shopped til baby Lucia dropped; thinking of my sister Valerie on this 16th anniversary of my nephew’s death. 11.24.2017
- Avoided tearful goodbyes by leaving this morning for home without seeing my baby girl…those goodbyes are so very hard…a sentiment echoed in the movie “Coco” we both enjoyed this evening. 11.25.2017
Winding up the Month
- Quiet morning blog writing and gym then discovered that the suction line to the pool equipment has come off keeping the pool filter from working…will this nightmare ever end? 11.26.2017
- Sick of painters and pool contractors but thankful for having a house that needed painting and a pool that needs repair. Kinda. 11.27.28
- Had my hairs cut – all of them – and color touched up, liked the way Connie used a flat iron on my bangs and to pouf the hair on the crown of my head so ordered one from Amazon so I can try to do it myself. #burnbabyburn 11.28.2017
- Woo hoo, good day, a payday…Miracle Morning, crafting, running on the treadmill and ironing, pizza for dinner and best of all, the painters are almost done! 11.29.2017
- So exciting to have the door bell ring several times a day as Christmas presents I’ve ordered are delivered…wonder if every time the doorbell rings an angel gets its wings? 11.30.2017
It really doesn’t look a thing like Christmas around here. But my decorating and crafts will have to wait til we return home from…yes, another trip out of town. I am writing this on Saturday, 12.02. hoping that this will surely be the last trip for the year. My gravy, we’ve been gone more than we have been home.
If you have been journaling your month in a sentence a day, won’t you link-up with us below? It really is fun to look back over your month, your life and see how many days the pool builder didn’t show up to repair your pool. Ooops, did I really say that out loud?
Join us, here:
Or you can start writing your sentences for December and join our link-up post to share those on the first Thursday of January. Mark your calendars and share in the fun!
So, if we were assigning a numeric value to November, on a scale of 1-10, what would you give this past month? Leave me a comment below with your rating. Overall, I would give my November a solid 8. In spite of the pool.
Thank you for putting up with my whining and complaining. I appreciate you hanging in here with me!
Hugs and kisses,