Gal pals, welcome to Sentence a Day 10.2021 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. October was another pretty good month. And even thought we are only one day into November, I am contiuing to feel optimistic for fall and the last months of the year.
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up with us below.
Here’s how my tenth month of the year played out.
SENTENCE A DAY 10.2021
In this month’s post, you will find a number of links. Links to recipes, clothes I purchased during the month, even books I am reading. The links are always italicized to make them easier to identify. Some links just lead to the official page or website for a place we visited or information on something I have mentioned. Other times the links lead to websites where you can purchase something I have shared. Always appreciate any clicks on the links or any purchases you might make using one of my links. Thank you!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Out of the Gate
- Off today…not feeling like me…our security alarm went off at 5:00 am for no reason which meant a phone call from ADT, quiet time, then couldn’t login to my computer for some reason to get to our weight training videos, something on the bottom of the oven burned and filled the house with smoke when I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls for breakfast, Mom didn’t know who I was again when I called; vacuumed and mopped downstairs, had someone from Complete Pool Remodel come out to see about repairing our pool- ka-ching; PC came home early so we decided to go to a movie, but my car wouldn’t start – battery, I hope; watched “10 Rings” or whatever it is – not my cup of tea, home to watch our shows before bed. 10.01.2021
- Happy birthday to my MIL May Clingan. Slept good, PC had baseball – can you believe we have been going to baseball games every (almost) Saturday since February??; I stayed home to work on my pumpkin project with Valerie; so much fun doing crafts like this; set up my dia de los muertos ofrenda, took the car for a new battery and oil change at Walmart, picked up some yard supplies at Lowe’s – oh, the mums were so grand; lunch-dinner at Brown Bag Deli, home for a lazy evening watching “In the Dark.” 10.02.2021
- Up 4 times in the night to go to the bathroom – ugh; awoke to messages from Kevin that Mom was struggling; he had to tell her that her best friend died; went to church, talked to Mom, stopped by to see the girls for a few hugs, had salad at Salata, walked the outlet mall, home to work on my pumpkin with Valerie, football and pizza afterward, we both have sore throats and feel tired. 10.03.2021
- Slept so soundly, PC was still feeling poorly so he went to work for a meeting but was home by 10:30, my day was all over the place, mostly doing laundry, then we took a 2 hour nap, tomato soup and grilled cheese for supper, ran on the treadmill and did our sit-ups like good girls and boys. 10.04.2021
- Up for quiet time and weight lifting and a walk, had to go for lab work early this morning, then to Walmart, tried to pick up and order but out of 30 items on my list, only 3 were available; in the store I was able to sub some things but had to forgo others; made enchilada soup for supper, and this blackbird pie after reading about the magical abilities of the dessert in Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe; cleaned and dusted the upstairs, worked on pumpkin craft; Mom had a hard day, heartbreaking. 10.05.2021
- PC was up with a stomachache part of the night and I was up the rest of the night rolling around debating whether I want to keep blogging, scolding myself for having so many clothes – real first world issues; finally got up for good at 5:20 am, dressed in the closet and met Benita for breakfast, stopped at Walmart to get Paul some deodorant – have been in there too much this week; ironed til my pile was gone, watched the alarming news unfold of an Arlington, TX high school shooting, called Mom, cleaned the downstairs, worked on my pumpkins, dinner, blog reading, bedtime. 10.06.2021
- Busy day anticipating the arrival of my Ft. Worth girls; over the mountain to help with my littles, we got them to Kindercare, popped into Target, met Lauren at Annie Mo’s holiday store but it wasn’t open so we quick hit up a couple other places before I headed home to meet with a pool person for a quote on repairing our pool, then appointment with my neck doctor who prescribed gabapentin, a muscle relaxer, and physical therapy, finished house cleaning, tried to work on a blog post but WordPress is having issues, the girls’ plane was delayed but we finally picked them up at close to 11 pm, we sat and talked for 2 hours once we got them home. 10.07.2021
- Slept so well with my gabapentin on board; did a quick workout with Brennyn, Lauren dropped Lucia off so we could take her to Ruidoso, NM with us, we walked around the shops, ordered pizza and had a picnic, then drove home and met PC at Taco Tote for dinner, so nice to be with my Ft. Worth girls. 10.08.2021
- Out the door early and on the way to White Sands to take photos of Cady and a pregnant Brennyn, met Lauren and fam up there, climbed up the dunes and slid down on our saucers, enjoyed perfect weather in this beautiful area; picked up Burger King for lunch on the way home, played in the pool and hot tub; had a very informal charcuterie board for dinner. 10.09.2021
- Brennyn and Cadence met the girls’ dad, Daniel, for lunch; Paul and I walked the outlet mall, then we all headed to the pumpkin patch and corn maze; took a fam photo, meandered through the maze, took a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch to select pumpkins; dinner at Victoria’s Mexican restaurant; happily exhausted tonight. 10.10.2021
- Might have been my favorite day of the girls’ visit; leisurely breakfast, played Barbies with Cady, then took her to Peter Piper Pizza to play games – very fun, PC won 1000 tickets for Cady!!; went to Lauren’s house for a late lunch, then back across the mountain so Cia and Cady could ride horses in Chaparral; dinner, soak in the hot tub, bedtime. 10.11.2021
Not Goodbye – It’s See You Later
- Helped the girls get packed up then ran by Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, dropped them off at the airport, home to start laundry, took a long walk, fixed taco soup for supper, cause of death for Gabby Petito has been identified as strangulation – the poor family; Camila has hoof and mouth disease (or hand, foot and mouth??), I will be watching Cia the rest of the week to try to keep her well. 10.12.2021
- Physical therapy appointment for evaluation early this morning, doctor advised I no longer run…waaaaaaa, that has been my go-to form of exercise since I was 16, he said if I continue, I will damage my back to the point of putting myself in a wheel chair, so that’s the end of that, he suggests water aerobics and stationary bicycling; ran into Walmart for a couple of things, home to clean pool and meet with ASP pool builders for estimate on the repair of our pool, finished laundry, put it away, worked on my pumpkin craft, rotisserie chicken, rice and salad for dinner, talked to Brennyn about worries I have after talking with Cady the last night they were here, my poor baby and her poor baby. 10.13.2021
Techie Troubles Continue
- Blog is still a mess – can’t edit or see HTML. UGH. Up early for quiet time, weight lifting, walk, and then over the mountain to help with girls; stayed at Lauren’s while she ran to the dentist then took Cia home with me; we went to Dollar Tree for a few little craft projects, Peter Piper Pizza to play games, then lunch at home, crafting, time at the park, soak in the hot tub, and took her home about 5 pm, quesadillas and soup for supper, less worried about Cady tonight. 10.14.2021
- Friday…Fri-YAY…sleeping so much better with this gabapentin on board at night, but the doctor warned that it might cause me to stop breathing – ha!; got the house picked up, vacuumed and mopped, kitchen cleaned before going over the mountain to help with the babies; we ran to Annie Mo’s holiday shop where the girls were so well behaved, home for lunch, Cia painted my nails with bright colored polish and glitter; home to do a work out with PC, then dinner, and then we drove around checking the lights on all the buildings for which he is responsible, including Doña Ana where the Afghan immigrants are currently living – wow, HUGE complex, lots and lots of bright lights, a number of young men walking about the complex in small groups; spent 5 hours checking lights but scored my first pumpkin spice latte, home to fall into bed. 10.15.2021
Babies and Beautiful Target
- Wow, this gabapentin really helps relieve my pain and lulls me into a great night’s sleep; up at 8 am but laid about until 10, breakfast, then I headed across the mountain to help with the girls; PC went to his 1 pm game out in the middle of nowhere; Lauren, the girls and I went to ‘beautiful Target’ where Cami was in awe of all the things – thanks to Covid, that baby has rarely gone anywhere besides daycare in her 2 years of life; home to eat Taco Bell for dinner, soaked in the hot tub, blog reading before bed. 10.16.2021
- Transmountain Road was closed so we were late to church after having to drive completely around the mountain to get there; wore my new Caslon knit hoodie and skirt combo that I first saw and loved on Jamie, walked the outlet mall without much enthusiasm, salad lunch at Salata, home to watch football and settle into a nap with the kitties; HelloFresh hamburgers for dinner. we are both back to tracking our WW points; situps, physical therapy exercises for my back and neck, bedtime walk to get my StepBet steps. 10.17.2021
- PTL – my blog is kind of fixed. Hallelujah. Not sure how or why but thankful that at least I can edit now. Up early for quiet time, strength training and a walk before PC left for work, laundry all day long, Kevin’s girlfriend Leeann went to see Mom and took Axel Rose, her pup, and Mom loved it, she was able to name all of us today, too; PT kicked my behind but my neck and back felt better afterward, got the car washed, made chicken salad and broccoli-cheese baked potatoes for dinner, excruciating loss for my fantasy football team tonight. 10.18.2021
- Couldn’t get up early, nice to sleep a little later but then PC had to fly around to get out of the house for work; organized my pants on pant hangers, set out my ironing but never got the iron turned on; walked in the desert while talking to Mom; then time to get ready for the cardiologist appointment which I almost canceled but glad I didn’t as I seem to be having some heart issues – venous reflux, little circulation to my feet, especially the left; very slow heart rate – 40 bpm at times so doctor is ordering a 2 week Holter monitor study – ugh; strength training after dinner, bedtime walk; we are both tracking our WW points…YAY!! 10.19.2021
- What’s with us? Couldn’t get up again…behind the rest of the day, worked on my Ageless Style post, put together my Cincinnati chili for dinner and the recipe swap blog hop next week but we didn’t like it; picked up some Thanksgiving paper plates and napkins and some readers because I really can’t see to read well any more…need some in the loft, the bedroom and the den; can use my prescription glasses in the car; picked up Cia from school and took her to the park while Lauren did a presentation online at home for work; picked up Cami from Kindercare, dropped her off at home and headed home myself; chili was very different, PC only gave it a 5, now what do I share on Tuesday? 10.20.2021
- UGH…I need a few days without having to run anywhere so I can get back on schedule. Worked on my notary public online course, took a long walk, had an hour of physical therapy which is helping but I hate going; made a new soup for the recipe swap since the chili was a fiasco, cleaned the downstairs, put together my stationary bike, blog writing after dinner. 10.21.2021
Freezing Our Pains Away
- Lost a day…had to go back and look at pictures to figure out where I got off track…it was HERE!! PC was off this Friday so he planned some activities for us…did a weight workout, then I sat down to finish my online notary course and it was closed already, said I had through (or to?) 10.22 to complete, was so close…now do I pay for it again in order to finish??; we tried the cryotherapy booth at Ft. Bliss – -150*F – yes, negative 150* as in below zero!!, we stayed in there 2.5 minutes and I think I was beginning to pass out because I was completely unaware of what was happening until PC touched me and told me our session was over; I think it did relieve my neck and back pain, picked up sub sammies at Brown Bag deli, home to nap and watch our Friday night TV shows. 10.22.2021
- Woke up grumpy but mellowed as the day wore on, just feel bombarded by requests and people needing a little bit of me; walked the lake before PC’s ball game, enjoyed talking with Davette at the game, lots of laughing, then at lunch after; home to blog read, movie and popcorn supper – “Dune” – 3 hours of knife fighting in the sand, ugh; more blog reading tonight. 10.23.2022
Readying the Recipe Swap
- Had to drive way out of our way to get to church this morning, heart for home campaign has kicked off, this church does such good things…will prepare and give away 750 meals to first responders for Thanksgiving, giveaway 6000 toys and 1200 meals at Christmas; donated blood after the service, ate lunch at Taco Tote, walked the outlet mall, home to scrapbook with Valerie while PC watched football. 10.24.2021
- Monday and I was a good girl to get up for quiet time and weight training and a walk; washed loads of laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, cleaned our bathroom, physical therapy for my neck and back; ironed, worked on a 365 Days of Creativity entry, did some free writing, scrapbooking, made this aloha chicken casserole for dinner, Monday night football, situps and rode the stationary bike, bedtime walk. 10.25.2021
- Couldn’t get up this morning, and then when we did the wind was really whipping about; read blog posts linked up for our recipe swap, made homemade bread, marinaded a steak for dinner but we wound up having sandwiches because it was too windy to keep the grill lit to cook the steak; ironed and ironed while watching “Maid,” wind is still roaring tonight, will make for hard sleeping. 10.26.2021
- What’s wrong with us – we cannot get up!! Not sure where my morning went, did quiet time, vacuumed the upstairs, Bible journaling while listening to my book, and then it was time to meet Davette for lunch, enjoyed talking over our shared salad at Cheddars, then she took me to Cato where there were so many pretty, affordable things; fixed steak and au gratin potatoes for PC for dinner, worked out in our mini gym, Seinfeld reruns before bed. 10.27.2021
- Woke up early to do my quiet time, did it and crawled back in bed for 40 winks; we just want to sleep these days!!; worked on a Thankful Thursday post, got showered and went to meet PC for his organization fun day at the bowling alley on Ft. Bliss, bowled 2 games and ate lunch; off to meet a lawyer about representing us for mediation with Silver Springs; hired another inspector to inspect our pool, pizza for dinner, Thursday night football. 10.28.2021
- Busy day…dusted, mopped, vacuumed downstairs, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, headed for PT, really need to do my exercises at home a little more faithfully, facial at Essence Spa – was so relaxed; grocery shopping at the commissary, charcuterie board and beer for dinner while watching TV. 10.29.2021
Big Finish to the Month
- Met with the inspector we hired to identify the problems with our pool and deck; ate breakfast then tossed some things in to an overnight bag, jumped into the Mustang convertible to explore the New Mexico winery trail; we tasted wine at 4 wineries then drove up to Elephant Butte Lake where the water was so sadly low, walked around a bit decided rather than paying for a hotel and meals tonight and tomorrow, we would just come back home and we did! 10.30.2021
- Lazy morning getting our Halloween costumes together, setting up our fantasy football for the day, PC was Mr. (Cincinnati Reds) Baseball and I was Little Red Riding Hood; we walked the outlet mall looking for a pumpkin treat basket for Cami, ran into Walmart, Ross, Home Goods, Tuesday Morning, 5 Below and Dollar Tree with no luck, the girls were tickled to see us, we played and ate delicious Marcos pizza, then got ready to trick or treat – Dilophosaurus costume for Lucia and Cami was Belle; we walked the neighborhood with them until 8:00 pm, then Gabba and Campa were worn out and we headed home. 10.31.2021
Overall, I think October was a pretty fair month. My neck really bothered me until I got settled into physical therapy. It has helped quite a bit. And I am sleeping better again. Thank goodness for modern medicine.
And here’s this month in a sec a day.
Was your October a 10 or a 1 or somewhere in between? What were some of the memorable moments you would share for your Sentence a Day 10.2021? Catch me up with life in your corner of the world. If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
Thank you for stopping by. I am behind…yet again…in my blog reading. But will be by to see you this week. I promise!! My book club just selected their November read. Need to do a Title Talk post and share the titles we’ve read lately. Hoping to update my wellness journey and get some photo posts up, too.
Hugs and kisses,