Welcome to Sentence a Day 10.2020 – my October in one run-on sentence a day. I use this monthly post as a kind of bullet journal. Many times, I go back to see what we did when. I have bought a real, true journal to start using, too, where I can write more than one sentence a day, if I like.
If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to begin with us in November. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group. Of course, if you don’t blog, you can still participate on paper or on your favorite device. Then come back to share the highlights of your November in a comment on my 12.01.2020 SaD post.
The SaD posts originated with Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand. Hope you will run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. Hoping we continue this series into the new year. It is one of my faves.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence A Day 10.2020
As has been the case every month this year, there have been some high highs and some low lows.
Difficult Start to the Month
- Very difficult day, didn’t sleep well but not sure why, then awoke to worrisome texts that kept me upset all day, fixed chicken soup for dinner to help soothe my aching heart, painted on my God Made Girl dress, took a long walk and a short nap, PC was very sweet today. 10.01.2020
- Over the mountain today, glad to see my girls, took Cia to school and we played a new episode of ‘babies,’ cuddled Cami to sleep, stopped at Target to return some pants, Poke3 for lunch, took purged clothes to Uptown Cheapskate, home to a long succession of phone calls, PC picked up sub sammies for supper, President Trump has been hospitalized with Covid, our numbers keep going up, over 300+ today. 10.02.2020
- Long, hot ballgame, I watched from the car because I am feeling headachy, sore throat, sniffly, I walked around the ballpark before the game just to get a little exercise, came home and took a long nap, talked to Mom a minute, Menchie’s frozen yogurt for dinner. 10.03.2020
- Lazy morning so PC could recuperate from his game yesterday, trip to the commissary for big groceries, started laundry, somewhat sadly sorted through my lesson plans and library craft supplies to give to the teachers at Kindercare, played Barbies with Cady, HelloFresh meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans, bedtime walk. 10.04.2020
Bank Hassles and Pumpkin Bread
- Over the mountain to help with my babies, both were so precious, Cia and I played with skeletons on the way to school, Cami snuggles while giving her a ba-ba and rocking her to sleep, stopped at Old Navy to pick up the brown sweater I ordered, appointment at the bank (credit union) to ‘discuss’ fees they are charging for having a balance less that $2500 in checking, new policy, no resolution, made chicken salad for dinner, folded laundry, dinner and TV before bed, watching an episode of “Schitt’s Creek” each night. 10.05.2020
- Made a Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread at Lauren’s this morning, ran to Walmart after helping with my grands, ordered Mom some Halloween socks and a fall sweatshirt for their Spirit Week at Cedarhurst, leftover chicken salad for dinner, my face and ear and tooth are hurting. 10.06.2020
- Pumpkin bread and coffee at Lauren’s, helped with my girls, and did a few things to help the kids around the house, took Cami on a short walk, prepared several blog posts and put together my autumn goals, HelloFresh chicken-stuffed ravioli for dinner, VP debate on TV tonight. 10.07.2020
- Record heat, record number of new Covid cases, over the mountain to help with my babies, Cami had a 9-month check up so Lauren didn’t need me to stay long, wound up having my thyroid ultra-sound earlier, the technician seemed to spend a long time on my right side, scanning my neck, parotid gland?, mandible?, results back next week; ran through At Home without buying anything more exciting than hangers, put together my scarecrow wheelbarrow, worked on my Favorite Things post, but just not feeling things right now. 10.08.2020
- My sweet P. Charming had blood work and a first appointment with an osteopath this morning while I helped with my grands, arrived early enough to play with Lucia for 30 minutes before we had to get ready for school, fed Cami her “Gerber” and ba-ba and rocked her to sleep, my infected tooth is hurting so I talked PC into taking a nap, which was quite delicious, then sub sammies for dinner. 10.09.2020
- Oh, boy, I haven’t written in 5 days…hmm, going to start with today and work backwards to try to catch up; PC’s baseball team had their last ball game but he decided to sit this one out and to start fresh next season with a hopefully stronger, healthier back; we learned that one of the members of the team died last night from a massive heart attack, quite a shock and so sad; attempted to take a hike on a new trail but we couldn’t find the trail head, so meandered in an arroyo for 3 miles, stopped for ice cream on the way home, Tennessee football, blog reading, “Schitt’s Creek” before bed; highest number of new Covid cases yet with 546 new cases today, will we ever feel safe going to the gym or church? 10.10.2020
- Football on TV, Lauren and the babes came over to soak in the hot tub; she fixed a HelloFresh meal for us that was delicious, I helped with baths. 10.11.2020
Pain Relief for My Prince
- Quiet morning waiting til time for PC’s nerve ablation at noon, the pain center was very behind and it took over 3 hours to get in and out, they failed to give him enough anesthesia so he felt much of the burning – UGH; stopped for breakfast on the way home at 4:00 pm as we had fasted all day; picked up my thyroid ultrasound results and they are a little worrisome; football on TV, early to bed. 10.12.2020
- Anniversary of my mother-in-law’s horrible wreck last year. Putting out little fires this morning for Mom as she continues to have phone issue that are making all of us crazy and Mom, too; did laundry, cleaned, dusted, vacuumed our room and bathroom, started on my loft but need to finish my angel before I can clean it completely, stuff everywhere; pulled pork chili in the crockpot; voted early, dropped off arts and crafts and books to a friend whose family is quarantined; HazFit workout before dinner. 10.13.2020
Runaway Lunch Box
- PC called shortly after arriving at work to ask me to look for his lunch box on the streets near the house, he had put it on the roof of the car and forgotten to take it down before he drove off, couldn’t find it anywhere; worked on my angel most of the day, walk in the desert, teleconference with my doctor to get an order for a CT scan, put together my scarecrow and wheelbarrow, grilled cheese and tomato soup supper. 10.14.2020
- Touch of Green came by to cut the grass, edge and trim some bushes, finished deep cleaning my loft, off to the dentist for my infected tooth, waited 2 hours before being called back, after 3 X-rays, the dentist still isn’t sure what is wrong but wants to extract a tooth to try to figure out what is happening below my gums, when he heard about my CT scan tomorrow, he said I wouldn’t be able to withstand the CT scan if I had the extraction, prescribed an antibiotic, thank goodness; my whole head was hurting by the time I got home, early to bed. 10.15.2020
CT and PSL
- Had my CT scan at 9:30, then enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte by the fountains at Farrah, stopped at Sprouts to photography their lovely produce, talked to Brennyn – my trip to see her is on hold until I know about the results of my tests, Lauren and I meandered about Target in the afternoon, then picked up the girls and brought them to our house for dinner, playtime in the park and baths. 10.16.2020
- Up early with plans to tend to several chores, but I truly didn’t feel like it; did a quick Hazfit workout, took a walk in the desert, had a late dinner at Casita Linda’s, started watching “The Spanish Princess” on STARZ. 10.17.2020
Back to Normal
- Finally feeling better, no pain in my tooth, face or head…hurray; over 600 new Covid cases today, did a walking video after breakfast and some sit-ups, then walked up McKelligon Canyon for the first time in close to a year, football this afternoon, HelloFresh stir-fry for dinner, “The Spanish Princess” before bed. 10.18.2020
- Nice Monday at home, quiet time, laundry, cleaned the pool, 1.25 mile run in the desert for the first time this month, ironed all afternoon while listening to my book, fixed an Asian chicken salad and baked squash slices sprinkled with Parmesan cheese for dinner, PC and I did a 2 mile walk video before dinner, walked around the park before bed. 10.19.2020
Out and About
- All over the place today; quiet time, then showered, dressed and ran to return too-long living and dining room drapes to Target, stopped at Hobby Lobby for items to make my wish tree, got a call from my new endocrinologist to have additional blood work done before tomorrow’s appointment so ran to Quest for labs, picked up CT scan results, and grocery order at Walmart, fixed PC’s favorite meal for dinner, did the walk video before bed. 10.20.2020
- Appointment with the endocrinologist at 8 am that went over 3 hours; he is not concerned about cancer in my thyroid masses but I do need surgery to remove at least 1 parathyroid gland; scheduled for 11.17.20, had to have a nasal-throat scope to check out my vocal chords which are normal; breakfast which was more like lunch at iHop, walked the outlet mall – more stores closed, seeing lovely purples and greens; nap in the afternoon, leftovers for dinner, work out and walk, Lauren’s test results were negative for blood cancer, Thank YOU, God. 10.21.2020
- Worried all night about everything…record number of new Covid cases – 1,100; Cami is sick, their daycare is closed for Covid, I am scared my surgery will be canceled as it is selective (sorta – not emergency, for sure); decided to cancel my trip to Ft. Worth, called to bump up my surgery to 11.03.2020, worked on Wish Tree, blog reading, 1.5 mile run, received delicate, handmade bookmarks from Jessica, a book club member, pizza for dinner, last Presidential debate on TV. 10.22.2020
- PC was off so we slept in a teensy bit, he cleaned the pool filters and trimmed trees, I put together my Dia de los Muertos altar, ran in the desert, my Prince placed a wish on the Wish Tree, salad with all the fixings for dinner, flipped back and forth between “The Spanish Princess” and “Schitt’s Creek” on TV. 10.23.2020
- Weighed myself…have mercy!!, started tracking – even denied myself Dairy Queen tonight, walked up McKelligon Canyon, Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets for zero points at lunch, mani/pedi with Cia and Lauren, taco soup for supper, book club is voting on our November read. 10.24.2020
- Awakened by an early phone call, always scares me; long walk in the neighborhood after breakfast, started laundry, got dressed for the pumpkin patch and the hope of family pics; my jeans were all snug – BOO – met the kids at the patch, set up the tripod, took photos then found our pumpkins and gourds; Jason’s Deli sandwich, then headed home only to learn we are under curfew now and Francisco’s father has Covid. 10.25.2020
Winter Storm and Tests
- Anticipating the winter storm coming our way; laundry, walk, ironed, worked on making Fluffy a warm bed for tonight as her stray kitty condo doesn’t arrive until tomorrow, fixed jalapeño poppers, homemade hamburgers, salad for dinner, talked to my sister, Mom, both girls on the phone before we ate, Supreme Court Justice Coney Barrett was confirmed, she went to Rhodes College where I went to school. 10.26.2020
- Awoke to cold temps and a lovely dusting of snow with more falling, busy day of medical tests including an EKG, bone density test, chest X-ray, blood work and a Covid test; walked in the desert, leftover soup for supper, did a video workout after dinner, Fluff’s kitty condo – heated – arrived, so we put it and her in the garage for the night. 10.27.2020
- Up early with PC, then a quick stop at Quest Diagnostics to pick up my 24-hour urinalysis container, picked up a grocery order at Walmart, nearly drowned trying to collect my urine all day, finally dawned on me that the lab forgot to give me the ‘hat’ that I collect the urine in before pouring it into the jug that they did give me, have to go back tomorrow, blog writing, video workout, desert walk. 10.28.2020
- Back to the lab for the ‘hat’ they failed to give me yesterday, spent the day collecting urine – good times; chicken Alfredo soup for dinner, What’s App meet up with Deb and Jen about our autumn #25DaysofGratitude photo challenge, Mom looked adorable in her Disney tee for Spirit Week, Cia and Cami were precious for Western Day, lazy evening before bed, Covid results are back…negative, county judge put new restrictions in place, most everything closed for 2 weeks. 10.29.2020
Happy Mom Makes for Happy Me
- Over the mountain for the first time in days to help with my girls, didn’t get enough snuggles from my Lucia before she had to go to school, Cami and I took a walk before I dressed her for school, dropped her off along with a stack of books from my lesson plan book collection, dropped off my 24 hour urine collection at the lab, stopped for Poke3 sushi for lunch, PC was home when I got back, Mom was precious in her spirit week Halloween pjs today, pretty sure today was our highest number of new positives, mayor and governor rejected the judge’s new restrictions…no one knows what’s open and what’s not. 10.30.2020
- The most unHalloween Halloween ever; no trick or treating allowed, so quiet all day, the restrictions were implemented after all so most of the city is closed down, we had a lazy morning, with a few short walks in the beautiful weather – one to take more yarn to the wish tree, another around the corner to get doughnuts and a third around the neighborhood for 3.5 miles, sub sandwiches for dinner, Mom sounded really good tonight, belly laughs with Brennyn on the phone, blog reading all night, book club has selected our November title, and tomorrow marks the start of our #25DaysofGratitude autumn photo challenge. 10.31.2020
And here’s a 30 sec review of my month in video.
Are things about back to normal in your community? We have gone backward with a record breaking number of cases, hospitalizations, patients in ICU and on ventilators. So worrisome. Wondering now how Thanksgiving and Christmas will look after Halloween was canceled.
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
I am finishing up this post on Sunday to go live on Tuesday. Will have my surgery on Tuesday morning and should be home late that afternoon. I appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers you have showered me with. Thank you so much.
Hugs and kisses,