Welcome to Sentence a Day, 10.2019 – my October in one run-on sentence a day. These posts are lots of fun to read and review all that I have done each month. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to start for 11.2019 or pencil it in your agenda to begin with us in the coming new year.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand came up with the idea for SaD and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us. Now, let’s see what we were up to in El Paso.
Sentence a Day 10.2019
- Liking this cooler fall weather, up to help with Cia, got a call that the endocrinologist needs to see me, ugh, PC and I cleaned the glass on a framed collage of photos from our trip to France, read with Cady via Facebook Facetime. 10.01.2019
- Helped with my pumpkin pie girl, Francisco received the news his grandfather had died, poor thing, and then had to go report for his first day of work, ran to Target – always dangerous – to get a uniform dress for my Cady Coo, and a few other things to send in a care package, physical therapy, painted rocks during long afternoon while worrying over the employment situation and waiting for the settlement check that wasn’t delivered. 10.02.2019
- Over the mountain but sadly passed a fatal accident on the mountain road, we never know when our last day will be; Cia was so good, and gave me this many huggies and kissies (she holds up all her fingers and says she wants to give me that many huggies), PT, home to wait again for the settlement check from the State Bar Association, chili and corn fritters that weren’t frittery-enough for dinner, awaiting the storm promised for tonight. 10.03.2019
Hello, Fall & Goodbye, Summer
- Awakened by our kitties chasing each other with fur flying up and down the stairs, endocrinologist appointment diagnosed again with primary hyperparathyroidism, could do surgery but going to just keep an eye on things, ran some quick errands before meeting Lauren at Souper Salad, nice to be alone together, shopping date at Annie Mo’s holiday shop afterward, Hobby Lobby stop and then home and off to the movies with PC to see “Joker” – dark, depressing but well acted by Joaquin Phoenix. 10.04.2019
- Last baseball game of the year, and possibly my last walk around the lake until spring; tough El Paso Yankees loss, but enjoyable lunch to follow with the team and head cheerleaders (wives), not home until 5:00 which made for a long day, left my scarecrow painted rocks about the lake for folks to find. 10.05.2019
- Up in time for church, great message by Andreas Neilsen from Sweden on how God can take nothing or next to nothing and create a blessing, a miracle; met the kids at iHop for breakfast, good food and convo and Lucia was adorable and ate very well, home for football and laundry and a bike ride. 10.06.2019
Monday, the new Friday
- Monday…my new fav day of the week because for at least that one day, I am on schedule…quiet time, chores, started homemade bread that will bake tomorrow, changed sheets, worked on blog posts, frustrating news on the job front as PC was turned down for another position, picked up new lenses for old frames. 10.07.2019
- Woke up at 2:30 am and couldn’t go back to sleep…made a list of things we can cut to save money…helped with Cia who was an absolute doll, ran to the Fountains to exchange my super tight size 6 leopard pants at J. Crew Factory for a more comfy size 8, counseling with Hillary, cried, home to bake bread which was one of my best loaves ever, tried to nap but mind was racing about my nephew Trey leaving for basic training. 10.08.2019
- Slept so well, rained all night, dressed in workout clothes to help with Cia and for my physical therapy session, ahhhhh, so restful, fixed French onion pork chops in the crock pot, ironed while listening to my Audible book, PC is feeling puny so no gym. 10.09.2019
Settling into the Season
- Fall is truly upon us…so nice to have the windows open all day; helped with Cia who was an angel, PT – only 2 more sessions…I will miss those naps; home to clean house – smells so good and looks so nice; couldn’t do my kitchen makeover this summer but did order new rugs for the kitchen which arrived today and gave it some pizzazz, bike ride, simple supper, blog reading all night with one eye on “A Million Little Things.” 10.10.2019
- PC worked from home so we had to stay around most of the day, enjoyed a morning walk together, gym at lunch, and then once my prince could quit work for the day, we went to see a really dreadful movie…thank goodness for popcorn; stone soup for supper, soak in the hot tub and fire in the pit before bed.
- Slept so good, cool evening temps, PC was anxious to get on the road for Las Cruces and our hike, lunch at Chick-fil-a beforehand, beautiful walk up to Soledad Bar Canyon, convertible drive through Mesilla and under a canopy of pecan tree branches back home to El Paso, soup for supper, blogging reading tonight and another soak in the hot tub. 10.12.2019
- Over slept again and missed church, guess it is time to set the alarm on Sundays, walked around the outlet while waiting for the kids to meet us for a jaunt to La Union corn maze and pumpkin patch, Mexican food for dinner, then PC got a sad phone call about a wreck his mother was in, we were very worried the rest of the night. 10.13.2019
- Had trouble falling asleep last night but finally did, awoke to more terrible news about Paul’s mother’s wreck, spent most of the day in a fog, worked out at the gym, picked up a few groceries, treated ourselves to DQ blizzards, Chick-fil-a copy-cat chicken nuggets for dinner, soak in the hot tub before bed. 10.14.2019
- Grateful for ZzzQuil and a good night’s sleep, over the mountain to help with Cia today, got lots of huggies; home to finish laundry, blog read, open my fashion haus and style my Stitch Fix pieces, squeezed in a walk and a gym workout, talked with May (MIL), fixed chicken-broccoli-rice for dinner, more blog reading before bed. 10.15.2019
- Lucia was sick this morning so I didn’t head out until time for PT at 10:00, tried on all of the outfits I created yesterday for my flat lays, had fun playing dress up and using my good camera to take pictures, treated myself to sushi for lunch, prayed to St. Anthony to help me find PC’s blood pressure cuff and TENS unit for which I have been looking for weeks, all of a sudden, they both appeared in places where I had looked before…can you say little miracle? 10.16.2019
- Cia-sat early this morning so Lauren could go to the doctor, PT for the last time – or is it? they want me to continue to come – treated the PT staff to doughnuts, received a sad message from Gloria, the girls’ cousin, that her father had attempted to commit suicide, but her brother found him and got him to the hospital, Lauren’s OB is a little concerned about Cami’s small size, put together my altar for dia de los muertos. 10.17.2019
Bogged Down with Blogging
- I was a hard-working lady today but started out very lazy this morning, spending time reading blog posts in bed, then got the house clean, laundry started, cookies baked – pumpkin spice and oatmeal chocolate chip, and had the neighborhood handy man give us estimates for a few odd jobs around the house, treated PC to Chipotle for dinner. 10.18.2019
- Lazy morning in bed, blog reading and writing, met Lucia and Lauren at the El Paso Museum of History for sugar skull decorating and marigold making, PC and I had Red Lobster for a late lunch, then hit the outlet mall – need to stay away from there – ice cream on the way home, “Live PD” before bed, learning more distressing details about May’s wreck. 10.19.2019
- Slept without waking all night, unheard of; dressed casually for church so we could walk up McKelligon Canyon afterward, McD’s cheeseburgers for lunch, a stop at Lowe’s then home to watch football, took in a matinee of “Maleficent,” which I thought was pretty but not as good as the first, popcorn for supper followed by more football before bed. 10.20.2019
Ups and Downs
- My PC was up a lot of the night with tummy troubles, and neither of us felt 100% today, enjoyed a walk and a bike ride, homemade potato and ham soup for supper, got some little projects done around the house by Juan the handyman, learned there will be 2 new babies in our family in 2020…Brennyn’s pregnant!! Thank you, Lord! 10.21.2019
- And just like that, Brennyn isn’t pregnant, false positives – Walgreen’s pregnancy tests are renowned for them; a let down for everyone, my Prince is still feeling rocky, had my mammogram, my first photography class at UTEP, left over potato soup for dinner, bike ride. 10.22.2019
- Blog reading and writing and quiet time in the morning, picked up grocery order at Walmart, counselor’s appointment with Hillary, feeling let down and kind of depressed, we cannot continue to afford the co-pay for counseling and not sure it is helping much anyway. 10.23.2019
- Met Lorena for breakfast at Savage Goods – green chile burritos and good conversation, was supposed to have PT but haven’t gotten my additional therapy authorized; bought a tassel necklace for my mom, batteries for 2 watches and left a necklace to be untangled at Nayda’s Beads, PC came home from work absolutely defeated after learning his last paycheck with be 01.31.2020 and he will not qualify for severance pay as originally promised, pizza for dinner, football before bed. 10.24.2019
- Friday, glad you are finally here; up early for quiet time and a cup of coffee, there was frost on the rooftops when I left to help with Cia so Lauren could do a teleconference presentation; my little one gave me such a warm welcome and big hug; her teacher was absent at school so I asked the director if they ever hire subs and she said they are looking to hire a teaching assistant to help in such cases, I told her I was interested, job would be from 6-10 am, M-F; made my latest chili recipe for lunch, GOOD!, quick workout at the gym, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed and mopped, little walk, then dinner with the kids at Peter Piper Pizza, Lucia was so talkative and carving pumpkins afterward. My PC is so down. We are both so worried. 10.25.2019
- Combined gym workout with a walk up McKelligon Canyon (we always pick up at least 3 pieces of trash), rear-ended on the way but only minimal damage done to my car and we were startled but not hurt, my new FAVORITE chili (will be sharing for our recipe swap/blog hop on 11.12.2019) for lunch, lazy afternoon and evening watching TV and reading blog posts. 10.26.2019
- Dressed up for church which, combined with picture taking, made us late so we ate sweets at Valley Market, bought my dia de los muertos bread and then went to the second service, walked around the outlet mall as always, scored some great pieces at H&M with my 20% off coupon, Skyped and scrapbooked with my sister, bike ride, leftover potato and ham soup for dinner, football and baseball on TV. 10.27.2019
Back in the Saddle Again
- Guess who survived her first classroom subbing job in years? Oh, yeah, baby…you are looking at ‘er. And this deserves several sentences because today I felt like I accomplished something, like I did something well, because after I finished today, another teacher at the same school texted to ask if I would sub for her, and while I was at school a former student teacher who knew me as a librarian years ago, came up to say hello…it had been 15 years!, gym workout, blog reading, spaghetti and homemade meatballs for dinner. 10.28.2019
- Happy Halloween – had more tricks that treats in my day, tried to make a dia de los muertos video by altar on the porch all morning while neighbor dogs barked, car engines revved, UPS and FedEx and motorcycles raced up the street, finally got a video finished that I could live with then all my photos and videos disappeared from my phone, how does that happen?, they reappeared later after my meltdown, picked up Lauren and fam from the airport, took Cia trick or treating in her Anna costume and us in our Union general/southern belle get-ups. 10.31.2019
Like most months, October was a combination of high highs and low lows. So far, so good for November!
Last month I started used 1 Sec Everyday to create a quick video of my month. Thanks to Deb at Deb’s World for sharing this app with me.
How did you October wind up? What the best thing that happened? In which ways did you struggle? If you have a month in review post, please link up with us below or a summary of your October with me in a comment.
This month, I have a number of posts in the works, including my annual mini-holiday bucket list. It runs from 11.21.2019-12.21.2019 and features about a half-dozen holiday-related activities I hope to accomplish. Would love to have YOU join me!! If you are interested in putting together a mini-holiday bucket list, let me know!
Have a blessed first week of November, friends. Thank you for spending a few moments here with me.
Hugs and kisses,