For a year that has flown by, September seemed to slow things down a bit. But October was a sprint. Joining Rebecca Jo at Knit By God’s Hand and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side and all the girls for each month’s Sentence a Day post. Come see how I filled my month…
Sentence a Day, 10.2018
Off to a Good Start
- Oh, girls, it is going to snow…I am writing my first sentence a day of the month on the first day of the month…now that’s crazy…busy day at work, picked up burritos for dinner, ironing and crossing things off my to-do list, blog writing before bed. 10.01.2018
- And just like that, I am behind on my sentences…writing 3 days worth today! Work, laundry, gym, supper, bedtime…nothing special. 10.02.2018
- Learning new jobs at work…pulling clothes that have been purchased so they can be shipped, stopped by Walmart for flu and shingles vaccinations, gym, chicken pot pie soup (recipe here) for dinner, feeling achy…vaccinations or sick? 10.03.2018
Shingrix is No Joke
- Long day at work, couldn’t get comfortable sitting (not hemorrhoids this time), ran by Loft Outlet on the way home, achy and feverish so decided to crawl into bed for a nap but had a half-dozen phone calls and 2 kitties milking me, PC had baseball practice and brought home hamburgers…hallelujah. 10.04.2018
- Fitful night but awoke feeling better with my fever lower, got PC off to work and then began cleaning house, did an especially good job in our bathroom and bedroom, washed several loads of laundry, went to an matinee showing of “A Star is Born” followed by an easy gym workout and soup for supper, Live PD all evening. 10.05.2018
- Guess what I discovered today…and that doesn’t count as a sentence…I realized I like to iron, as much as I dread getting started, once the TV is on, and I get underway, it is truly enjoyable and I enjoyed myself for 3 hours today while watching “Sharp Objects”; nice walk mid-morning listening to my book on Audible, shopping – PC bought me a black purse, church and dinner out. 10.06.2018
- My PC is feeling poorly now; quiet day, painted rocks while Skyping with my sister, blog reading, made a delicious (if I do say so myself) soup for dinner (recipe here), football til bedtime. 10.07.2018
- Packed for our trip, painted on my rocks for this month’s Pinterventures project, easy work out at the gym, football before bedtime. 10.08.2018
- Wide awake at 3:00 am or before worrying about my mom, quiet time, writing, reading and making a list of things to not forget for our trip, two power outages at work slowed things down, ironing when I got home, fixed jalapeño popper chicken and a green salad for dinner, ready for bed! 10.09.2018
- Slept like an angel, thank goodness, my mom sounded better today, this roller coaster is so stressful; long morning at work but I’m not sure why, gathered last minute things for our trip, readied our kitties, whom I will miss terribly, bike ride with PC, soup and sammies for dinner, soak in the hot tub, “A Million Little Things” on TV before bed. 10.10.2018
On the Road Again
- Ran out of clothes to post by noon today so able to leave early and get on the road for Albuquerque, drove the whole way so PC could rest his back, so happy to see my Lauren, Lucia, Francisco and Doughnut, Panda Express for dinner, bathtime and bedtime with Lucia…great cuddles, book reading, loves. 10.11.2018
- Up very early to head to the balloon fiesta…so much fun…hundreds of balloons aflight filling the ABQ skies, wandered around the park taking photos of the balloons on display, breakfast burritos. nap and then back to the fiesta for the glow and fireworks afterward. Wonderful day of fun. 10.12.2018
- Up early again to get on the road for Phoenix; the six hour drive seemed much longer because of the rain mid-way through and the slower country roads part way, ball practice was called because of the wet conditions so PC’s team took batting practice at some indoor cages, we were worn out by bedtime but slept great. Lauren called to say the first thing out of Lucia’s sweet mouth this morning was “Where’s Gabba?” Ohhhh! 10.13.2018
- Sunshine today but games were postponed til tomorrow so the fields could dry out, we hit the gym, grocery store, batting cages, hot tub, and a seafood restaurant called Casey Moore’s Oyster House…so good, blog writing/reading before bed. 10.14.2018
Boys of Summer in October
- Baseball and more baseball…first to the gym then started the morning with a loss but finished the afternoon with a win, unseasonably cool at the ball field, massage before falling into bed for the day. 10.15.2018
- Up and at it early with games across town at the Reds/Indians’ spring training complex with two tough losses, burgers and brew with the team afterward, back across town to our apartment. 10.16.2018
- Earliest day yet with gym before ball, win in the morning and tied the top seed team in the afternoon, left the ball park with the hope that we might have made it into the consolation championship, massages again at Elements Massage then home and to bed with PC’s phone beside his head until we received official word that we are in for the final. 10.17.2018
- Awake early with excitement, breakfast in bed, soak in the hot tub, more leisurely pace thanks to a 1:15 game time, gym, looooong game against the Arizona Monsoon coming down to a crazy final inning that gave us the win, plans to eat steak dinner were nixed for pizza back in bed…we are both so tired…final game tomorrow at 9:30 am. 10.18.2018
- Got things pretty well packed up before we headed to the ball park, beautiful fall day with the perfect combo of sunshine and breeze, tough game for the Express ending in a 13-7 loss, back to the apartment so PC could shower and on the road for home by 2:00, snuggling our kitties on our very own recliners by 9:00, and in bed shortly after that; thankful for a good trip and traveling mercies to and from. 10.19.2018
Home, Sweet Home
- Slept late and languished in bed until noon when we scrambled to the theater to see “The First Man”, quiet afternoon, nice soak in the hot tub. 10.20.218
- Planned to get up for our Sunday canyon walk but still dragging so did a mini walk around the foot of the mountains, spotted a rattlesnake, had a bird fly into the house and hit the window hurting its wing which hurt me all over, finally got it scooped up in the dust pan and put it outside and it flew away, another soak in the hot tub and early to bed. 10.21.2018
- Back to life, back to reality and regular routine except I forgot to take my meds in the morning so felt off-kilter all day, worked on posting Christmas sweaters at work, grabbed a few groceries at Target, pizza soup for supper, worked on my soup recipe swap blog hop post tonight. 10.22.2018
Soup and More Soup
- Sleeping so soundly, thank you Melatonin; more Christmas clothes at work but this time odds and ends pajamas, home to read blog posts, made French onion pork chops for dinner, put on my own pjs early and enjoyed a quiet rainy evening. 10.23.2018
- Used my tripod and good camera to take my fashion haus pics outside today; excited all day about going to White Sands for the full moon, ate Subway sammies and cookies on the drive up, spread a blanket on the highest sand due we could see and watched the moon rise over the park. 10.24.2018
- So sleepy again this morning that I skipped my quiet time, worked on lots of Lululemon active wear at work, came home to discover a bird – the one from Sunday? – dead in the front yard, dug a hole in the back yard to bury the poor thing and got locked out of the house and in the backyard, had to climb the wall in skinny jeans to get out, finished burying the bird, blog reading this afternoon, made enchiladas for dinner, wrote my #mugloveexchange post. 10.25.2018
- Work in the morning but the full moon made concentrating difficult, early voting, a trip to Academy where they have the cutest graphic work out tees, nap with my Prince in the afternoon, soup diet for supper. 10.26.2018
- Nice day with PC playing baseball this morning allowing me time to wash my car, clean out my closet and drawers of clothes I don’t wear, quick solo work out at the gym, shopping, church followed by dinner at Logan’s Steak House. 10.27.2018
- Easy Sunday gym, Skyping with my sister, soak in the hot tub and soup and sammies for dinner. 10.28.2018
- After a quick morning at work, came home to pick up around the house, iron, fold clothes, finish laundry, fix dinner and talk with my mama while sitting outside in the sunshine, Lauren’s OB/GYN confirmed that my 3rd grand baby is in the oven, six weeks along! 10.29.2018
Mama for Life
- Tough mama day…Lauren was in the ER all day with an irregular heart beat, which she had much later in her pregnancy with Lucia, doctors are wondering if she is carrying multiples, Brennyn and Cady were having Halloween costume struggles that we tried to talk through on the phone. 10.30.2018
- Happy Halloween and dia de los muertos, input about 120 pairs of tights into the eBay database at work, caught up with everyone on the phone, finished a great children’s chapter book, used my InstaPot to make dinner, baked an apple pie, blogged and did a quick workout at the gym, enjoyed pictures of my granddoll-babies in their costumes. 10.31.2018
Would love to have been with my girls for Halloween. Was always a favorite holiday at our house. If a little bit crazy, too.
Anxious to see what November brings. Fall has definitely arrived and I don’t have to feel the least bit sheepish about wearing my sweaters and boots now! Not that 80* was stopping me much anyway. Always exciting to start and new month, a new week, a new day.
What were your favorite moments in October? Did you mark things off your bucket list in a grand way or relish being content with taking things slow. Fall seems to slow life down at our house. Our enthusiasm for the gym dwindles. And I don’t bolt out of bed at 5:20 like I did in August. Bolt might be a slight exaggeration. But now I want to pull the covers up around me and hit snooze a half dozen times.
If you have a sentence a day post to share, please link up with us below. Or you can always write down your sentences, or at least the months’s highlights to share with me in a comment or on my Facebook page, here.
It’s Fri-YAY as I finish this post. Should have gone live yesterday but wanted to share a review of my necklace from Messages in Metal on Thursday. I ran out of October before I had all of my planned blogs written. Anyone else run out of October too soon. Can we call this first week of November October 2.0?
Thanks for coming by, sweet potatoes and yams! Have a restful weekend.
Hugs and kisses,