Welcome to Sentence a Day 09.2020 – my September in one run-on sentence a day. I say run-on because my sentences are enough to give English teachers nightmares. Comma overload, too much detail, often poor grammar. In my defense, I use this post as a kind of bullet journal. Many times, I go back to see what we did when. Besides, my sentence writing is often the last thing I do before going up to bed so I’m already half asleep.
If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to begin with us in October. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group. Of course, if you don’t blog, you can still participate on paper or on your favorite device. Then come back to share the highlights of your October in a comment on my 11.06.2020 SaD post.
The SaD posts originated with Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand. Hope you will run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 09.2020
Every month seems to bring some kind of new type of crazy. Never a dull moment.
Home From Kentuck
- Nice to wake up in my own bed, finished up my laundry, talked to Mom several times, caught up with the girls on the phone, picked up Lucia and Cami from daycare, played with both in their playroom, Lauren fixed dinner – HelloFresh bulgogi meatballs – for us at her house, bathed Cia, gave Cami a bottle and then headed for home, beautiful sunset. 09.01.2020
- Picked up around the house, vacuumed and mopped, spent about 3 hours trying to make Mom’s teleconference with her psychiatrist happen without a hitch, thank goodness for her Visiting Angel Esther who helped Mom, blogged and started catching up on blog reading, Parmesan crusted pork chops for dinner, bedtime walk in the park. 09.02.2020
- These mornings are beautiful and fallish and cool, but we broke another record high today, now 55 days of triple digit heat this summer, longer run in the desert, massive commissary shopping trip, picked up a library book through their curbside delivery, ADT installed our new security in the house – I am a little worried about how things are going to be in this country after the election, no matter who wins. 09.03.2020
- September is agreeing with me…Mom sounds terrific, laughing, energetic, making jokes even; had a very pleasant day – over the mountain to help with the grandgirls and saw the goat on the way, took Cia to school, then Cami a bit later, worked on our mosaics with Lauren, perused Hobby Lobby ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over all the fall and winter decor, Paul was off so we spent the afternoon watching baseball then floating on our air mattresses under our sun sail, potato soup for supper, Lucia read us a book – after 1 week in transitional kinder she is reading, and Cami is crawling then sitting up all by herself. 09.04.2020
- Another swell day, smoothies after we did a walking workout, PC left for his ball game, I did some Bible journaling, went for a desert run then met him at the ball field, watched the game, home to have potato soup for lunch, floated in the pool on our mattresses, dinner across the mountain at Olive Garden, picked up an Old Navy order, home to watch the Reds, started Weight Watchers today…help me be accountable. 09.05.2020
- Up 4 times to go to the bathroom in the night…no bueno; took a nice walk this morning, then ice cream at DQ, stroll around the outlet mall, my sweet P. bought me a darling blue and white, high-low dress at NY & Co., scrapbooked a few minutes with Valerie, painted the background on my mosaic and really don’t like it – WAAAA – will add a second coat tomorrow in hopes of fixing things, HelloFresh balsamic fig chicken and wine for dinner, bedtime walk, starting Cobra Kai on TV tonight. 09.06.2020
- Xhaust as my girls say…PC stayed up almost all night finishing Cobra Kai (better him than me) so I didn’t rest well knowing he wasn’t in bed, and hearing karate matches in the den til 4:00 am, ran 1.6 miles today – woo hoo, ran errands, made bourbon chili, corn bread and cheesecake, picked up the house and the patio, kids came to swim and eat and have bedtime baths, really tired tonight. Happy heavenly birthday to my daddy and my sweet pup Cici. 09.07.2020
- Up early for 6:45 am breakfast with my sweet friend Benita at iHop – first friend-date since Covid; was so tired when I got home that I started laundry and the dishwasher then piled into bed for a power nap, ironed most of the afternoon, babysat my granddarlings for about 90 minutes while mummy and daddy went on a date, leftovers for dinner, and early to bed. 09.08.2020
- Welcome fall…morning temps of 55* kept us in bed later than we planned, overcast and drizzly most of the morning, finished laundry, picked up downstairs half of house, took down summer decor, transplanted 2 outdoor plants that have struggled in the heat into indoor pots…maybe I should have left them?; Italian wedding soup for dinner, ironing, 2 mile – check me out – RUN, mom said she had a GREAT day…what??? 09.09.2020
- Over the mountain to help with my angels, played “babies” with Cia in the car on the way to school – a game of pretend where she creates a situation and we act it out all the way to Kindercare; picked up Walmart order, tried to get blood work done but have to have been fasting 12 hours, vacuumed and mopped because our blender keeps leaking smoothies all over the kitchen counters and floors, leftover Italian wedding soup for dinner, ironed, feeling a little lost. 09.10.2020
- Struggling to sleep these days which probably accounts for the lost feeling, over the mountain to help Lauren, all 4 of us girls snuggled up in bed for a few minutes, PC was off and worked on our new thermostats, napped after lunch, made banana bread and took a walk while it was baking, popcorn supper at the MOVIES tonight where we watched “Words on Bathroom Walls.” 09.11.2020
- Up at 7 am, dozed with the kitties for 30 minutes then off for a run, smoothie in the hot tub after, showered and headed to PC’s game, visited with Marg, the coach’s wife, home so PC could shower then off to Casita Linda’s for dinner, Reds baseball all night on TV. 09.12.2020
- Crazy melatonin-inspired dreams, breakfast and smoothie in the hot tub, fabulous!; dressed up and attended church for the first time since the end of February, felt good to be back in the Lord’s house, although I know we can meet with Him anywhere, walked around the outlet mall and finally bought fall fragranced wall flowers at Bath and Body, leftovers for lunch, finished my mosaic, started laundry, used the HelloFresh recipe to make Gouda vibes burgers with tomato jam (I used to really dislike tomatoes!), walked around the neighborhood using my hand weights, football on TV before bed. 09.13.2020
- Finally up early to do my quiet time, over the mountain to help with my girls, back home to take PC to his pain management appointment for the ablation of nerves in his spine, mid-afternoon breakfast at Village Inn because he had to fast until the procedure was over, ironing, fixed copycat Chili’s enchilada soup, football and baseball on TV tonight. 09.14.2020
- Over 16k steps today and I was ready to crash tonight; up early for quiet time and Bible study again (it’s going to snow or flood), used our new blender for smoothies – no leaks!!, over the mountain where I saw Ernest grazing, helped with Lucia and Cami, Cia is becoming such a great artist, enjoyed a walk with Miss C. who would not nap, great time ooing and ahhing over everything at Target with Lauren after we dropped the baby off at school, 2 mile afternoon run, Subway for supper again (PC said it was his night to cook), video workout and bedtime walk. 09.15.2020
- Enjoying several good books on my drives across the mountain and runs in the desert, helped with the girls, brought them Chick-fil-a minis for breakfast, Cami threw up all over herself on the way to take Cia to school, so much so I had to wrap her in a pillow case I found in my trunk(!!??) when I took her in with me to drop off big sister, took baby girl on a walk after her 12 minute nap, stopped to buy an angel for the sweet receptionist at the dentist, Poke3 for lunch – a Sun Bowl bowl with hot Cheetos, dentist appointment for cleaning and to pick up night guard, leftover soup for supper, great convo with mom – we laughed til I cried, walk and up to bed early. 09.16.2020
- Yay me…up early for QT, over the mountain to help with my babes, Lucia read to me and drew some pretty amazing pictures, Camila made the world most enormous dirty diaper which I promptly dumped on the bathroom floor, Cami and I took a nice walk, dropped both babies at school, Hobby Lobby and Michael’s stop to get supplies for the God Made Girl workshop/painting, ran but struggled to do 2 miles, talked to mom, broccoli-cheese-chicken and rice casserole for dinner, bedtime walk, blog reading before bed. 09.17.2020
Earnest the Goat
- Could not get up even though I was so proud of having done so yesterday…what is wrong with me?; saw Earnest the goat as I crossed the mountain, got both my girls to school, then headed home to work on my “God Made Girl” painting class and my “40 Days Through the Bible” study, meant to run but didn’t, fixed shrimp tempura, bedtime walk, watched news for the first time in a week, Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, mom fell twice today. 09.18.2020 *We call the goat Earnest because I am always ‘earnestly looking’ (for him) when I cross the mountain.
- I have this recurring dream of a very irritable librarian I worked with when I first moved to El Paso, she was in my dreams again last night; quick run before breakfast, spent the morning at PC’s baseball game, home to sit in the hot tub, cat nap before heading to the movies to see “The Secrets We Keep,” popcorn for supper, blog reading before bed. 09.19.2020
- PC was fairly miserable with aches and pains after yesterday’s ballgame so we hardly moved today, no church, no walks much less runs, watched football and baseball from the couch, dinner at the kids’ house, good Cia and Cami snuggles. 09.20.2020
- Heart-breaking day for my daughters, wish there was some way to wave a wand and make things all better for them; off track trying to be mama bear for my girls, started Bible study but couldn’t focus, had to take a pic of my journals, ironed for 3 hours and still not done…I know; began organizing clothes in drawers and purging closet before getting out fall clothes, PC ‘cooked’ Taco Bell for supper, football and baseball on TV, bedtime walk around the park. 09.21.2020
- Why is it my days never go as planned?? Got PC off to work after we enjoyed smoothies on the patio, quiet time in my loft, worked on my God Made Girl painting, unpacked all of my cold weather clothing, ironed, scrapbooked with Valerie, ran in the desert, talked to mom twice, made HelloFresh juicy Lucy burgers, baseball on TV and a bedtime walk. 09.22.2020
- Good day working at home, Bible study, decorating for fall, ran in the desert, more organizing in the closet, more ironing, French onion beef for dinner, blog writing and bedtime. 09.23.2020
- Over the mountain to help with my babies, Cia commented how much she had missed me – music to my ears, and Cami allowed me to snuggle her to sleep, even held her own bottle today, enjoyed a walk with Lauren, quick run to Target for hangers and kitty food, and to pick up my new cropped straight brown jeans, PC was home when I got here, we climbed in bed for a nap but it was interrupted by telemarketer calls, decided to try the gym and felt pretty good about it, ran on the treadmill, taco salad for dinner. 09.24.2020
- Still working in the closet today while PC had an annual checkup, then I went with his for an eye examination because he wasn’t able to drive after dilation, we are both so tired these days, picked up prescriptions for my Prince – blood pressure meds, I got a flu shot, frozen pizza for dinner, the Cincinnati Reds are in the play-offs. 09.25.2020
Not Dead Yet
- Dreamed of snow, must have been cold, but we were back to triple digits today, baseball game and the EP Yankees won, YAY, dozens of vultures circled the park the whole morning – disgusting! (I’m not dead yet!!), soak in the hot tub, another nap…are we getting old?, sandwiches for dinner, watched “Enola Holmes” on Netflix. 09.26.2020
- Lazy Sunday so PC could recover from baseball yesterday, worked out at the gym for the second time since February, ran on treadmill, Panda Express for late lunch, ice cream for dinner, football and baseball going at once on the TV. 09.27.2020
Fall Cleaning and Fantasy Football
- Thought it was going to be cold this morning but apparently that’s tomorrow morning, tore the bone out today as my mom would say, cleaned our bedroom from top to bottom, blinds, bedding, curtains, dusted well, will finish with baseboards, vacuuming and carpet cleaning tomorrow; worked on my God Made Girl painting, ran, did a quick clean of the downstairs, today was the 12th anniversary of our marriage and home blessing, enjoyed dinner at Applebees where we first met, my football team ROCKED this week!! 09.28.2020
- Really enjoyed my day today…quiet time early, really followed my 45/15 rule alternating between 45 minutes of work and 15 minutes of play, ran, gym, refrigerator repairman fixed our water line leak, HelloFresh for dinner, and then the debates sucked the life out of us. 09.29.2020
- Payday…still reeling from the debates – exhausting, PC stayed home to watch the Reds play-off game, went to the gym, made spaghetti for dinner, bedtime walk. 09.30.2020
Before we put September to bed, here’s a quick video of some other highlights.
How are things shakin’ in your community? Is life about back to normal? We continue to open things up in El Paso but for the past 3 weeks our new cases of Covid have returned to triple digits daily. So tiresome. Can you tell yet if the kids will be able to trick-or-treat this year?
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
My online book club has just voted for our October read. Would love to have you join us in reading The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel. I am listening to the audio version of the book. Some of the members have already read this book in less than one week’s time. I’ve never been accused of being a fast reader. Come read with us!!
Enjoy your first full week of October. Thank you for spending a few moments here with me.
Hugs and kisses,