Time for my Sentence a Day, 07.2019. While most of my blogging buddies are sad to see summer coming to a close, I say bring on FALL! So ready for cooler temps, sweaters, pumpkin spice.
With the horrific shooting here in El Paso on Saturday, it has been hard to think of anything else. I was glued to the television on Saturday and have been numb ever since. The entire community is extremely somber but we are strong and resilient. El Paso, a big city with a small town feel, has a lot of heart and by coming together it will begin to bounce back. #ElPasoStrong #ElPaSOSTRONG
Here’s my July, one run-on sentence a day.
Sentence a Day, 07.2019
- Productive day cleaning house from top to bottom, getting laundry done, and all caught up on my ironing…a good feeling, had a skip from the gym, dinner and watched “The Bachelorette.” 07.01.2019
- Tenth day of triple digits this summer, 30 minute bike ride followed by quiet time on the patio with breakfast, getting started on a new month of goals, blog posts, appointments; picked up a few groceries at Walmart, home to FB face time with my sister, gym, new Asian salad recipe with rotisserie chicken for supper, bedtime walk, updates on my laptop all evening put me behind on blogging. 07.02.2019
The Hurrier I Go, the Behinder I Get
- Oy vey, so behind on my sentences, been busy living life rather than writing about it.
- Still struggling with our health insurance and trying to figure out who our primary care provider is; gym but my leg was really hurting, Chipotle for dinner before heading to the Chihuahuas game and fireworks afterward. 07.03.2019
- Quiet 4th of July because we celebrated yesterday; fixed these ribs in the Instapot, then grilled them just a bit, soaked in the hot tub, worked out at the gym, happy birthday, America. 07.04.2019
- My PC heard me about cramming too much into each of our weekend days, and we have slowed down this holiday weekend – bike ride to the gym and home, showered and headed to Target to pick up an order that wasn’t there yet, popcorn and movie – “Spiderman” – not my cup of tea. 07.05.2019
- Rode bikes to the gym, worked out, then walked through the shops near the gym before riding home again, scrapbooked a bit with my sister. 07.06.2019
- Lazy day, overslept until 8:45 despite our carbon monoxide monitor going off, that’s probably not good, huh? so missed church; yard work, brief swim, soak in the hot tub, Menchies frozen yogurt as a treat because both of us were down on the scales today, Subway sammie for supper and blog reading before bed. 07.07.2019
- My virtual book club has selected its next book, When All is Said, excited to read this one, maybe with PC in the hot tub, always love Mondays and getting back on schedule with laundry, writing, reading, picking up around the house, scrapbooked with Valerie, good work out at the gym and I got my 5 pound weight loss key chain. 07.08.2019
- Quiet time and an early morning bike ride of 4.5 miles, fixed a chicken taco lasagna for dinner. 07.09.2019
- Finally finished It’s Never Too Late To Begin Again this morning during QT, will miss that book; now to find a new quiet time devotional; 5.5 mile bike riding as part of my triathlon training, started work on cleaning cabinets and drawers again in the kitchen, Chick-fil-a for dinner, both of us were too tired to workout tonight. 07.10.2019
- Happy anniversary to US!! Walked first thing this morning, listened to and finished Daisy Jones and the 6, cleaned a few more cabinets, quiet time, then off to buy an Oakley shirt for my Prince that he has been eyeing, visited the International Art Museum’s photo exhibit, and they were preparing for a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party on Saturday, would be fun, Target run, groceries at the commissary, leftovers for dinner, planned our backwards date. 07.11.2019
Backwards Date – Details Coming
- Fun day with our backwards date…gym workout, stopped at Valley Market for pan dulce on the way home, ate sweet bread desserts and drank tequila sunrises in the hot tub, couples massages at Woodhouse Spa – their relaxation room and infused water were almost as much a treat as the massage itself, late lunch at Salt Grass, ice cream on the way home. 07.12.2019
- Baseball Saturday and it was hot as blue blazes, not more than a whisper of breeze as I took my pre-game lakeside walk, unusual high humidity, triple digit heat but the Yankees won and PC did well, lunch with the gang, lazy afternoon trying to stay cool inside and out in our pool, leftovers for supper, “Live PD.” 07.13.2019
- So sleepy this morning that we struggled to get up and out the door for church, ran to Target afterward, and PC ran into Dick’s to surprise me with 2 new active wear outfits (sports bras, shorts, tops), lazy afternoon, easy workout at the gym and Chipotle for dinner poolside. 07.14.2019
- Magic Monday, I always love getting back to my schedule, writing, reading, Bible journaling, blogging, bike ride, picked up around the house, finished laundry, folded and put it up, ironed, gym, pork loin for dinner, “The Bachelorette” for dessert. 07.15.2019
- Bitter sweet luncheon and awards presentation with PC and his colleagues, all losing their jobs, too; quick run into Hobby Lobby to get foam core board for my paint-by-number kit, walk, reading, PB&J sammies for dinner, bedtime walk after posting my Stitch Fix blog post. 07.16.2019
- Off schedule again today, blog reading and writing and then off to do the walk-through on the kids’ new house here in EP, worked for over an hour trying to do an unboxing video for my Paint by Number kit…had the camera going the wrong direction, SD card was full, Purrsnickitty wouldn’t get off the canvas, battery died and I finally gave up, better luck tomorrow; gym workout and potato soup for supper. 07.17.2019
- House cleaning day but before I started, was proud of myself for doing quiet time and even some Bible journaling, then cleaning, ironing, laundry and even mowed the grass before PC got home at 2:30; skipped the gym, enjoyed the pool instead, sandwiches for supper. 07.18.2019
Moving the Kids
- Gym workout, lazy rest of the day until Lauren and Lucia arrived, then pool time, park, chicken spaghetti and salad for dinner, Cia’s bath and bedtime and then we all collapsed. 07.19.2019
- Up early to head to the kids’ new house, waiting for Francisco and his parents to arrive with the U-Haul, AT&T, the movers to unpack; wound up taking Cia to our house mid-afternoon, where we played in the pool a couple of hours, had Chick-fil-a for dinner and she played with kids in the play area, bought a coloring book at the dollar store, colored, snack, bath and bedtime…very reluctantly for one of us. 07.20.2019
- Awake a good part of the night while PC struggled to sleep and decided to watch a movie in bed; then Cia woke up at 2:30 and again at 6:00 am, so my night was pretty short, helped the kids unpack a lot of boxes, then came home for a nap, “Lion King” and popcorn for supper. 07.21.2019
- Released from jury duty mid-morning, headed to the kids’ house to help Lauren unpack but wound up checking out day cares again, running errands and eating lunch at Souper Salad, Lucia was a little doll; leftovers for dinner and “The Bachelorette” after. 07.22.2019
- Arrived at the kids’ house shortly after 8:00 am to continue to unpacking, fixed Cia’s breakfast, alternated between playing Trick or Treat and Elsa & Anna from “Frozen” while unpacking boxes for the upstairs bathroom, flattening and hauling boxes to the garage, bite of lunch then home to find PC already here, good work out at the gym, began painting on my Winnie’s Picks paint-by-number canvas, girls came for dinner and a soak in the hot tub. 07.23.2019
Ft. Worth Bound
- Hectic day…threw stuff in the direction of my suitcase for my trip to Ft. Worth, then zipped across the mountain to help Lauren get Lucia ready for her first day of ‘school’; Lauren works from home and has to start at 8:00 am, and with Francisco still working in Albuquerque, she could use the help getting lil bit ready in the morning, we both dropped her off at Kindercare, then I came home to head to the airport, chauffeured there by my thoughtful Prince, layover in Austin, landed in Dallas at close to 8:00 pm, cabbage soup dinner with Brennyn, Mustafa and Cady before bed. Have missed these kids soooo much. 07.24.2019
- Slept so well…up to play Barbies with my baby Cady, breakfast together first, lunch at the hospital with Bren and a quick visit to NICU, Hobby Lobby run for a stuffed deer that Cady had seen, pool time for just the 2 of us, Razzoos blackened tilapia for dinner, TV and a little Junie B. before bed. 07.25.2019
- Slept late, gym with Brennyn, afternoon at the pool playing restaurant and jumping into the water with Cady, off to the airport to pick up Lucia and Lauren, pizza for dinner, the girls played so well together, early to bed. 07.26.2019
Five Girls Together on the Boom Boom
- Cia was up before dawn so I tried to lay with her for a bit in my bed but no luck getting her back to sleep, doughnuts for breakfast, Old Navy stop for mustard colored tops for our 5 girls photo op, Victoria’s Secret where the littles sampled all the fragrances, Jason’s Deli, IKea, pool, dinner – Bren’s homemade chicken Parmesan, park at dusk, wine cooler with 2 episodes of “Nailed It”. 07.27.2019
- Happy 9th birthday, Cadence Ellie!! Morning began with an hour of Barbies, followed by breakfast, then we jumped in the car to go to the Stockyards, meander around the shops, hit Charming Charlie, which was sadly wiped out, home for lunch, pool, dinner at Papacitos and birthday presents for Cady, until we were all ready to collapse. 07.28.2019
- Another very busy day but lots of fun…Hawaiian Falls water park: wave pool, lazy river, lunch in our cabana, water slides galore and a big suspended bucket that fascinated Lucia by dumping water and almost drowning us several times; dinner at Kabob Express in Frisco followed by birthday cake and tea at Mustafa’s sister’s and mom’s house, late night. 07.29.2019
- Happy birthday, my darling first-born daughter Brennyn Alexis. Everyone was exhausted last night when we fell into bed but I couldn’t sleep…waaaaahhhh! No one peeped until almost 9 a.m., then we hurried around and were on the road for Waco by 10; so danged hot with a heat index of 104* making our visit to “Magnolia” quick, ceviche for lunch, dressed in our mustards and yellows, we snapped selfies all over the place, then home for leftovers, a trip to the park, baths and bedtime. 07.30.2019
- Happy birthday, my darling second-daughter Lauren Allegra. We had a sweet morning at Brennyn’s, played Barbies with Cady, then Lucia and Cady played a big game of pretend while Lauren and I packed, off to the ballet shop on our way to the airport, tears saying goodbye to my babies, Brennyn and Cadence, landed in El Paso at 6:30 pm, my sweet PC had installed a car seat to get Cia home, Souper Salad for dinner and in bed early. 07.31.2019
Whew, rereading this made me tired! But July was a good month. Mom was good all month. PC is working from here at the castle, 3 days a week – teleworking they call it – but he doesn’t have a job any more so there isn’t a lot he can be doing. He is helping with all the chores around the house, though, and that is a big blessing.
How did July shape up for you? What were the highlights? Come join us by linking up a post summarizing your month. Or leave me a comment telling me about your month. If you would like to join us for August, start writing your sentences now and plan to share on the first Tuesday of the month, 09.03.2019.
Have a hApPy HuMp day!! Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day with me.
Hugs and kisses,