Welcome, sweet chums, to Sentence a Day 06.2022 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. When I stepped away from blogging this spring, I got off track on my SaD posts, too. But I missed writing them and having them to revisit. Have used them time and again to find out what happened when. So, today I am bringing you my long-winded sentences for June. Each one packed with more than you would ever care to know about my day-to-day life!! Each month I tell myself to just write a couple of words for each day. But I wind up writing a novela instead. Please accept my apologies on the front end.
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up with us below. And if you missed my last SaD post, you can check it out, here.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
SENTENCE A DAY 06.2022
The first of the summer months was interesting. And is the case, more often than not, things did not go as planned. We should all be getting used to that, though, huh? We’ve all been scared to even make plans for months and months. Here’s the run down for June…the good, the bad, the ugly.
Hello, Covid, My Old Friend
- Been home 2 days from our delightful trip to Tucson but all of the relaxation has faded away with PC’s Covid diagnosis and symptoms; dropped off some butterfly books I had worked on for Lucia’s teacher at school; picked up some groceries at Target – masked and more OTC meds for Paul; fixed a broccoli-cheese-chicken soup, finished laundry and got ironing started but beginning to feel puny myself. 06.01.2022
- Awoke with body aches and sore throat; fixed PC eggs and turkey bacon from breakfast; well underway with my book club’s book of the month, The Love of My Life, better than I had expected and not a mushy love story; did a bit more ironing; more leftover soup for supper. 06.02.2022
- Hard night of chills, fever close to 102* but fever broke with a 5 am dose of Aleve and never returned; really worthless today, napping, lounging around on the couch, Paul seems quite a bit better today, coughing but overall better; I am still negative for Covid with all the symptoms; wishing I hadn’t signed up for another StepBet because in this first week, I am struggling to get my steps; took several walks, received another offer from pool company on repairing our pool but not enough to cover the repair; made chicken salad and cheesecake, Mom fell but had on her pendant for a change and we were all notified, EMS checked her out and found her to be ok, bless her ❤️. 06.03.2022
Sleep-filled Days and Sleep-filled Nights
- Slept an incredible 12 hours…who am I?…feeling rested but congested (that rhymes) and coughing; PC ventured out to get me a bottle of cough medicine of my own and doughnuts for breakfast; lazy day – pulled a few weeds, went on a walk, did some easy Supernatural, ate leftover chicken salad, finished reading Finding Perfect – touching middle grade read about tween with OCD, started watching “The Staircase”…omgee. 06.04.2022
- Woke up after 10 am, ate leftover doughnuts, took a walk, watched Reds baseball from the couch, ordered pizza late in the afternoon to eat as a kind of lunch-supper combined while finishing “The Staircase”, up to bed early but rolled around for a bit before finally drifting off to sleep. 06.05.2022
- PC stayed home from work today; we split up the chore of washing all of our bedding after our sickness, even washed the pillows and comforter; fixed a HelloFresh meal and enjoyed a glass of wine while we cooked; watched the Reds win another game. 06.06.2022
- Slept like a champ again, PC told me to stay in bed rather than fix his breakfast, pack his lunch; felt jittery all day again, realized I can’t take the decongestant I have been taking; got spring decorations packed up and set out my red, white and blue for the 4th of July; made hamburger helper for dinner; did my Supernatural workout and took a summer evening walk before bed. 06.07.2022
Here We Go Loop de Loop
- Still feeling shaky or maybe – I just realized – it’s Covid brain fog?? – just can’t think straight, feel like I am trying to function under water or half asleep, I feel drugged but didn’t take decongestant today…would it just take a day or two to get through my system??; got PC off to work then took a cat nap hoping the shakiness would ease but it didn’t; took a walk, fixed a squash casserole for dinner, ironed, completed my jury duty questionnaire, watered the dry spots in the back yard, did the rain dance as puffy, gray clouds began mounting in the northern sky and we had RAIN!! 06.08.2022
- Okay, this is ridiculous…haven’t taken meds in over 24 hours and still feeling loopy…makes it hard to do things; cleaned up the downstairs – vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, then cleaned the pool; worked on a blog post!; did a meet & greet with the kitties I will be sitting this weekend – 15 kitties!!; ran to the library, Walmart, Marshall’s, BigLots, made HelloFresh for dinner, talked to Mom, Bren and Lauren; PC and I did our Supernatural workouts, took a bedtime stroll. 06.09.2022
I Can’t Smell a Thing
- Sooooo, last night when we went to bed, I sprayed our pillows with linen mist and realized I couldn’t smell it. Sprayed them some more. Nothing. When my pillow was practically dripping with mist, PC asked me what on earth I was doing and told him the linen mist didn’t have any fragrance. He assured me it did and that my sniffer was broken. It dawned on me that maybe I had lost my sense of smell, but I was too tired to take a Covid test!! 06.09.5.2022
- First order of business this morning, after getting PC off to work, was taking a Covid test, and yes, it was positive; waaaaaaaaaa!!!…there goes 2 more weeks of summer in quarantine; GRRRRRR!!; contacted both of my Rover.com clients to let them know I was positive but they both want me to watch their fur babies anyway; spent an hour with Paxton’s 15 kittens today, then had a real PCR Covid test at Walgreens, results in 72 hours; Wendy’s takeout for an early dinner; blog reading and baseball watching tonight. I am grumpy. And I can’t smell anything. 06.10.2022
More Time in Quarantine
- Fixed PC a breakfast of champions (eggs, sausage, cinnamon toast, cherries) before he left for ball and they WON; I tried to call Mom but missed her; took a walk while listening to my latest audio book The Sunflower Sisters by Martha Hall Kelly; did some blog reading; visited my kitty charges and PC stopped by to meet the gang – we just sat in the floor and the kitties played around us and climbed upon us; cheese and crackers and pepper jelly for lunch; Reds baseball game; fixed tempura shrimp and a ramen salad for supper; Supernatural workout; video-chatted with Brennyn, Lauren and Cady; finally feeling less loopy. 06.11.2022
- What a nice day…slept late-ish, ate a bowl of cereal then it was soon time to go check on the kitties; played with all of them and gave the mommies some space, and some soft food for a treat; picked up our Walmart order, some of which has trickled in through deliveries to the house this afternoon and evening – very weird; floated on the air mattresses in the pool for quite a while, the water was too cold to swim but it was delightful for floating on this 106* day; made pepper jelly hamburgers on the grill and watched “Under the Banner of Heaven” – oh, the things that are done in the name of religion; Mom had a meltdown but I think we got her talked through it; will see what tomorrow brings. 06.12.2022
Delightful Day at Home
- Early morning walk then spent a delightful morning on the patio reading, writing, doing quiet time, watering the grass, cleaning the pool; got a laundry started then headed over to check on the kitties one last time, they were out of food and water, I cleaned the litter boxes, filled all the dishes, separated the little mommies and gave them soft food in the bathroom, played with the babies; home for lunch; changed the sheets on the bed; sprayed for weeds, pulled grass out of the rocks; made a chicken pot pie; Supernatural workout and an episode of “Under the Banner” before bed; feeling headachy and having trouble with my eyes today; Paul’s Aunt Aquila was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer. 06.13.2022
More Health Woes
- Paul has been feeling poorly beyond just the Covid junk (pain in his shoulder, arm, heartburn) so he had a teledoc appointment and was directed to go for an EKG; will have a follow up appointment next week for the results; I took another at home Covid test because my silly PCR results have never come back, still showing some sign of positivity; but I ran to Goodwill – masked up – to get books for my next collage project; made potato soup; folded clothes; received our final offer for repairs on the pool, $18.5K; talked to mom, Bren, Lauren; Supernatural workout and blog reading before bed. 06.14.2022
- Quiet day…PC had fasting blood work done then home for breakfast, we took a walk before he headed to work; sat at the patio table for quiet time and watered the dry spots in the yard, cleaned the pool, gave the flowering plants MiracleGro; talked to Mom and Val on the Viewclix; ironed; made brats and beans and fries for dinner; met with a new family whose animals I will be watching; Supernatural after supper and then an episode of “Under the Banner.” 06.15.2022
It’s the Little Things
- Another quiet day at home; talked with Mom and Val on the Viewclix several times; picked up the house; put away laundry and finished all of the ironing!!; the most beautiful fuschia blooms have opened on our cactus; had a 5-minute heavy rain shower and then back to sunshine; leftover potato soup for supper; finished “Under the Banner of Heaven” before heading up to bed. 06.16.2022
- Slept an incredible 12 hours again…what in the world??; made PC an appointment for a massage for today only to discover it is for a week from today – and he was so looking forward to it; Supernatural workout; ventured across the mountain to pick up my garage door opener remote from Lauren; walked around the outlet mall where we scored bargains on body wash at Bath and Body, and a new sports bra and running shorts for me, dress shirts and shorts for PC; late lunch/supper from Brown Bag Deli; Reds game on TV and blog reading. 06.17.2022
Getting back to Normal
- Almost forgot my sentence tonight – up earlier than what 12 hours in bed would have been, PC had ball and I made him a breakfast for champions; walked the mile+ to my latest drop-in job to check on Sophie kitty and Lili pup; walked home, did some blogging and blog reading; Supernatural workout; PC and I had Taco Bell burritos that he brought home for lunch after a winning ball game; watched the Reds lose; floated in the pool; back up to feed Soph and Lil; leftovers for dinner; started watching “The Old Man” on FX. 06.18.2022
- Nice day…normal day…up early for church, message about having financial responsibility; PC is very financially responsible, I am blessed; Taco Tote for lunch but it has lost its charm for me; walked around the outlet mall and bought a very cute and on sale baseball jacket that I didn’t need – an example of how I am not financially responsible!!; stopped for ice cream at DQ on the way home; watched the Reds game; floated and SWAM in the pool; visited Sophie and Lili; Panda Express for dinner, early to bed listening to the rain.. 06.19.2022
Happy Birthday, Declan
- Declan is 6 months old. PC didn’t realize he was off for Juneteenth until he got to work; he spent most of his day off playing games; I dropped in on Lili and Sophie twice, picked up a few things at Walmart; Facetimed with my sister while we worked on our latest collage project together; worked out in our gym; had bbq pork sammies and fresh corn on the cob for supper; Supernatural workout, blog reading before bed. 06.20.2022
- Poor Mom had a blowout this morning that had her crawling back in bed for the rest of the day and going to bed with the TV and lights on this evening; her arm was burned when they left her alert bracelet on during her shower today; called her doctor trying to get her some help; lots of texts from ‘everyone’ today; went to the doctor with PC for the results of a recent EKG and blood work; they aren’t as worried about his heart as they are his blood pressure and kidneys; 2 drop-in visits with Soph and Lili; weight training workout and Supernatural. 06.21.2022
Spring Cleaning Continues…Slowly
- In between my 2 visits with Sophie and Lili, I defrosted the freezer and cleaned the garage, rearranged all of the gym equipment so we can fit a weight bench in there, too; cleaned the freezer and fridge inside, too, organized Tupperware, went through food in pantry and cabinets to check expiration dates; made a grocery list, fixed maple bourbon chili for supper – mmm, mmm good. 06.22.2022
- Double duty on the pet drop-in visits, Sophie and Lili then Lucas and Wizard; ran to the library, picked up Popeyes chicken which I ate in the parking lot of the commissary while talking to Mom; spent 2 hours grocery shopping; early to bed to watch the Reds play ball. 06.23.2022
- Few minutes of quiet time on the back porch, then Sophie and Lili sitting first thing; ran to Dollar Tree to pick up some stickers for my book spine village; Facetimed with Valerie while we worked on our villages; we called Mom together but she was on the verge of tears and had no idea who I was; fixed smoked sausage with onions and peppers for dinner; Supernatural workout; Roe V Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court today – had me experiencing all of the emotions; our country seems upside down for sure right now. 06.24.2022
- Slept like a champ; stopped in for my last visit with Sophie and Lili then off to Paul’s ball game; nice catching up with the wives but very humid; the EP Yankees suffered a terrible loss; home for quesadillas then met Lauren and the girls at the water park; enjoyed the lazy river, the water slides; back to our house for pizza and bath time; tired tonight; thundering, hoping we will get rain. 06.25.2022
- Can’t remember to write my sentences – playing catch up for 3 days. Decided not to go to church…feeling like neither of us is too invested in going at the moment; PC cleaned the pool filters and I mowed the grass…our ‘yard boy’ has been MIA and with all the rain we’ve gotten, our grass was very tall; showered and walked around the outlet mall then had a late lunch at a sports bar; home to use our gym equipment, do Supernatural and watch the Reds. 06.26.2022
- I love Monday…up early – 5:00 am to do my quiet time, then we used our gym equipment and took a quick walk; I worked on getting laundry done all day; got my summer bucket list post written and published; ran to the library and Walgreens looking for magazines for my collage; Valerie and I Facetimed and collaged in the afternoon, met Lauren and girls for their first salon haircuts; Supernatural after dinner. 06.27.2022
- Dreamed I was on a cruise and didn’t want to get up; finished laundry; did a drop-in visit with Lucas and Wizard and talked to Mom while there; back to the library to pick up a book; found 2 magazines in the Friends of the Library store that was closed yesterday; put together my raised garden beds; ironed; the AC guys came to fill the holes they made in our roof that caused leaks in our garage (always something); watched Reds; Lauren called and Cami has Covid. 06.28.2022
- Slept well again last night but no cruise; felt listless all day, couldn’t focus on anything; washed our Ruggable, took a walk along the desert looking for a neighbor’s 2 dogs that someone let out of her backyard in the middle of the night Monday – I feel so sorry for her and the pups; did my Supernatural workout but even that didn’t give me any energy; walked over for my drop-in visit with my latest ‘client’ Katy, the toy poodle; read a little; sat on the back porch and talked to Mom who looked at me and called me Sylvia….waaaaaa!!!; Cami’s fever has broken and she was well enough to jump in their bounce house, praying the kids can all still go on their vacation; Declan napped for 2 hours on his tummy – first real nap ever!!; PC cooked – hallelujah = Taco Bell for dinner. 06.29.2022
It’s a Great Life
My mother has always said ‘it is a great life if you don’t weaken.’ And then more recently she would add ‘and I’m weakening.’ It is an expression I have begun saying, always adding the second part, too. The last couple of days I have slipped back into my blue funk. Wondering what’s the point?? I hate myself for feeling like this but crazy things just happen that knock the breath out of me.
A woman in our subdivision posted on the neighborhood bulletin board that someone opened the gate to her backyard and let her dogs out. They have been missing for several days. She recently lost her husband and now her pups are missing. She has shared photos of the dogs and is offering a reward for their return. Apparently, someone witnessed a car of teenagers swerve to hit one of her dogs and now he is hurt and scared and missing. Just makes me ill.
Then my best friend Sharon just wrote me that a young man who has been like a surrogate son to her and her husband, surrogate brother to her children, died of a heart attack this evening. He was 39 years old. She shared a photo of him fishing with them last week, smiling ear to ear at their bountiful catch. It breaks my heart.
Brennyn called last night to tell me a mommy all of the nurses in the neonatal unit have been caring for lost her baby. The sweet mommy has had several miscarriages or lost pregnancies. This baby was born without lungs. I don’t understand why these things happen.
- Busy day – ran to Versona to pick up a skirt I ordered ship-to-sale on deep sale, got some earrings and a pair of jeans for Val that I will mail her; met Paul for a farewell luncheon for all the officers in his organization; 1:00 pm haircut at Tousled – expensive but I like the results; drop-in visit with Katy; leftover Taco Bell for dinner; Supernatural workout. 06.30.2022
Before we call it a day, here’s my month in 1 sec a day.
What kind of a month was your June? If you have a month in review post, please link it up with us below. Or share some of the highlights of your month in a comment below.
Hoping to knock out a whole bunch of spring cleaning this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me. What do you have going on? Hope you make a little time for you whatever else you’re up to. Oh, and before I go…don’t forget to join Marsha and me for our 10 on the 10th post. The theme of this month’s edition is the 10 things I love (hate?) about summer.
Thanks for joining me today. Stay well.
Hugs and kisses,