Sweet friends, welcome to Sentence a Day 06.2021 – my monthly review in one run-on sentence a day. June was a pretty darn good month at the Clingan castle . How was your sixth month of the year? Before we jump into my review, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. Rebecca Jo never fails to make me laugh! Plus she’s the best hash-tagger I know.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
SENTENCE A DAY 06.2021
I began my SaD 05.2021 grumbling about being tired from a trip to Kentucky and Ohio. Returned to Kentucky to visit Mom with Lauren and her family the last of May and the first of June. In my old age, those trips knock the wind out of my sails for a week or so once I get home. Some of it is the time difference, I think. We are on Mountain Time in El Paso, so 2 hours behind Kentucky. Some of it is I am just slowing down!! But boy, did we have a great visit.
- Happy birthday to my step-son Matt. Another amazing day in Kentucky…cannot believe my mom…lunch out at the Mongolian buffet and a trip to Target to buy the babies a toy, visited with Metra (Kevin’s ex-wife) and her husband Mark; the girls were angels; Brennyn and Mustafa officially shared their baby announcement on social media; Valerie’s toe biopsy was benign; so many blessings!! 06.01.2021
- Awoke to rain…such a treat for us desert dwellers…picked up Mom to go to The Kentucky Castle for a quick tour of the lovely B&B just as the rain broke; McDonald’s for lunch before dropping Honey (Lucia’s name for Mom) off for a nap, and taking one ourselves; everyone loaded up for Target in the afternoon – Mom hadn’t been in a store in years, O’Charley’s with Kevin and LeeAnn, hunted lightning bugs before bed. 06.02.2021
- Slept late then scurried around to get packed up, stopped by for hugs and photos with Mom, hated saying goodbye; Kevin met as at the airport for goodbyes; the girls were angels again on the flights home, Cami slept the whole first flight. Paul picked me up and we had Casita Linda’s before going home. 06.03.2021
- Busy day with early morning oil changes and a 10k step walk; taco run at El Taquito Loco and a beer at Keg & Brew, a new to us bar with local and area beers. 06.04.2021
- Crazy hot temps for today’s baseball game – thankfully it was called at five innings with a win for our El Paso Yankees, walked 28 miles this week. 06.05.2021
- Uplifting message at church about the woman at the well; picked up the baby Buendias for a walk around the outlet mall, pretzels and a little time playing at the splash pads; cleaned the pool, soaked in the hot tub, HelloFresh for dinner. 06.06.2021
- Across the mountain to help with my babies, did a thousand little things around the house before scrapbooking with my sister in the afternoon; workout and back to Weight Watchers tracking. 06.07.2021
- Up for quiet time early – hallelujah; walked with Martha for an hour, nice catching up; took down spring decorations, fixed my wheelbarrow for the 4th of July; vacuumed, dusted, cleaned kitchen, 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the pool, worked on my bicycle collage with Valerie, ironed, blog reading and writing before bed. 06.08.2021
- Helped at the Clothes Closet for a few hours this morning getting up like a goody girl for my quiet time and strength training workout; ran on the treadmill (1.3), watered all the flowering plants with Miracle Gro, worked on my collage with Valerie, almost finished spring cleaning the upstairs guest room, HelloFresh shrimp salad – uh, YUM – for dinner. 06.09.2021
- Got a wild hair and cleaned up my craft area and loft after working with my sister via Facetime on our bicycle collages, still too much stuff in that tiny space but it looks neater. 06.10.2021
- Over the mountain to help with the girls, Cami stayed home from school with bad diaper rash after dumping sand into her diaper at school; ran into Hobby Lobby then met PC for a retirement luncheon at the Army’s Centennial Club; cardiologist appointment to investigate my chest pain, low oxygen level, buzzing in my feet, cramping – really like the doctor, now to get some answers; beautiful mermaid flowers from Lauren. 06.11.2021
- Super hot 107* at Paul’s game today – his car read 124* when we went home – but the Yankees had a great win, and PC played well, walked 28 miles this week; saw “In the Heights” and had popcorn for supper but I am still hungry! 06.12.2021
- Enjoyed the best church service by guest speaker Marcos Witt about the soul and the body sometimes finding excuses for not worshipping, walked around the outlet mall, but of course, Whataburger for lunch, ironed, then swam and floated in our pool – heaven; Chipotle for dinner and over to spend the night at Lauren’s and help with the girls before her heart ablation in the morning. Girls were so excited!! 06.13.2021
- Didn’t sleep well, woke up and prayed over and over about Lauren’s heart procedure; Paul took her to the hospital at 5:30 am, I got the girls up, dressed, fed and to school, the ablation took 4 hours and then she had to rest flat on her back for 4 more hours; Lauren was home by 3:30 or so, but her PVCs are still happening – ugh; ironed for most of the afternoon, used air fryer for fish sticks for dinner, back across the mountain to bathe the girls since Lauren can’t lift anything and Francisco is on call; exhausted tonight. 06.14.2021
- Over the mountain to get my baby girls to school, Lauren is feeling a little better, hoping the PVCs will diminish once the inflammation in her heart is down; 2-hour grocery shopping trip to the commissary, spent a few minutes on my bike collage, Hamburger Helper for supper, back to Lauren’s to help with baths, love my babies, PC is in heaven because his beloved Cincinnati Reds are red hot, heard Brennyn and Mustafa’s baby’s heartbeat…sounds strong and healthy. 06.15.2021
- Martha texted to ask if I could walk and was delighted she did; got my steps in early, then blood work done, dropped off purged active wear for Candlelighters, bought some birthday gifts at Walmart, home to pick up the downstairs, work on my bicycle collage, but so tired that I wound up laying down for a bit, Taco Bell for dinner, Lauren is feeling a little better. 06.16.2021
- Up to do my quiet time again today…2 days in a row; put away all of my spring decor while reading with Laura Tremaine for her 20 minute drop-everything-and-read (DEAR) reading party; haircut, ran on the treadmill (1.3), worked on my bicycle, dental appointment to check my gums after the bad infection I had in April and everything looks GOOD, chatted with Cady a minute, pork chops for dinner, over the mountain to bathe my babes; both of them make me smile. 06.17.2021
- Frustrating day. Had skin tags removed first thing this morning – ouch – then planned to take PC to Top Golf but our morning wound up with the 2 of us fighting about a bunch of silly things, and we didn’t go; he is always hurt with something and worries about doing new things that might hurt him more and keep him from playing baseball; I like trying new things; I felt very sad and discouraged all day. 06.18.2021
- Baseball in this terrible heat but thank goodness we got another win; floated in the pool for several hours, Olive Garden soup and salad for dinner, walked around Academy and Target, stopped by to see Lucia who was sick all day, her first tooth fell out right after we left, walked 31 miles this week. 06.19.2021
- Happy Father’s Day! Taking a lower dose of melatonin which enables me to sleep well but not to have melatonin bad dreams; church, outlet mall walk, Whataburger lunch, fell asleep on the bed after changing out of my church clothes, worked on bicycle collage, looked promising for rain but then nothing; charcuterie board and a beer for dinner, bedtime walk. 06.20.2021
- Nice day but of course it was, I got up early to do my quiet time first!!; did a strength training workout, over the mountain to help with my babes, Cia stayed home from school so just took Cam; cleaned downstairs, love my steam mop, got the laundry done and folded, fed the outdoor plants with plant spikes, ran 1.3 on the treadmill, pork loin for supper, an evening of blog reading, stayed up too late watching Reds baseball. 06.21.2021
- Over the mountain to help with my babes, Lauren’s heart is feeling a bit better; got the gender confirmation on Brennyn’s baby, ordered a cake for the reveal…IT’S a BOY!!; my skin tag incisions are all very angry and sore, didn’t feel like doing much but finished my bicycle collage. 06.22.2021
- Enjoyed this day…cleaned the patio and pool deck area and both look so nice, glad I have finally been able to move beyond concentrating on the pool’s glaring defects to finally just enjoying it; quiet time on the patio to start the day, Asian beef and broccoli for dinner, cleaned carpets upstairs, spring cleaning is almost done up there, ran 1.4 miles. 06.23.2021
- Topsy turvy day…didn’t get up for quiet time so I was behind from the start, enjoyed breakfast on my clean patio, brushed the pool, ran to Old Navy to try to get one more 4th of July tee for our beach vacay; picked up library books and groceries, made Italian wedding soup and this Hawaiian sweet bread in my bread machine, ran 1.4 miles, sprinkling rain…very, very little but it’s something!! 06.24.2021
- Overwhelmed by the number of new members to my online reading group – over 100 members now!! and we are picking our July read; sat outside and read with Cady on Facetime, cleaned upstairs bathroom – spring cleaning is complete upstairs!!; ironed, used my water color pencils for the #icad and #wqwwc challenges, leftovers for supper, long before bedtime walk, biopsies on skin tags came back normal…thank You, God. 06.25.2021
- Baseball Saturday with a game at 1 pm, which meant we couldn’t do much in the morning except wait for game time, debated about going but glad I did, Paul played well with a double early in the game and a Yankee win; beer and wings afterward, scored another pair of RBX leggings and a skort at Marshall’s; ran 1.5 miles; DQ blizzard, went with PC to check the lights on his buildings around Ft. Bliss; received some disturbing news from Brennyn, it feels like one thing after another. 06.26.2021
- Lazy morning in anticipation of the rain forecast for the day; Facetimed with Brennyn and Cady first thing, Brennyn is an amazing mama; started laundry, ironed while PC cleaned out closets and dresser drawers, played some basketball, ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill and walked 28 miles this week; Facetimed with Mom and Valerie; several rain showers with some hail, lightning and thunder; soy pork bowls for dinner with Jasmine rice, Olympics trials on TV before bed. 06.27.2021
- Raining when we awoke for quiet time and a kettlebell workout; over the mountain to help with my girls; pool equipment won’t come on and the stain from the pergola has seeped into the hot tub after all the rain we are having; couldn’t get warm so took a nap; steak for dinner, ran 1.5 miles. 06.28.2021
- Baked a coffee cake while doing quiet time, over the mountain in the rain to help with my girls, sweet Cia is struggling to eat, dropped the babies off at school, quick run through Target, laid down after lunch and couldn’t get back up; finally started ironing at 3 pm, PC cooked tonight – Taco Bell, electrician checked out pool equipment and it is running again; Fluffy ‘s owners?? walked up to her in our driveway, picked her up and took her home…where have they been for a year?; Lauren and Lucia are sick tonight. 06.29.2021
- Just like that, Fluffy is back, she was waiting for me this morning; more rain, stayed home to complete spring cleaning in PC’s office, picked up around the rest of the house, good 1.5 run on treadmill. 06.30.2021
And that’s a wrap. Another month in the books. Anyone else find that 2021 is flying by? How are we more than half-way to Christmas and another New Year’s? Oh, before I go…here’s my month in 30 seconds.
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 06.2021? Are you knee deep in summer? We have had a welcome week of rain and cooler temps. Such a blessing after days of triple digit heat. Speaking of summer, will be sharing my 10 favorite summer foods later this week for 10 on the 10th. And tomorrow is the first Wednesday of the month…so time for Currently. Also, working on a couple of other posts to share over the next week. Hope you will stop back by.
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
But if you don’t blog, you can still join us by sharing the memorable moments of your June in a comment below or on my Facebook page, here.
Make it a great week!!
Hugs and kisses,