Welcome to Sentence a Day 05.2021 – my May in one run-on sentence a day. These posts are fab for helping me keep track of what’s happened in my life and when. I often refer to them to remember when I went to the doctor, or had my haircut, or how many times I ran during the month. You can find my April in review post, here.
Thankful to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. Rebecca Jo never fails to make me laugh! Plus she’s the best hash-tagger I know.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
SENTENCE A DAY 05.2021
The beginning of the month, I was just home from a trip to Ohio and Kentucky. And I was exhausted. Four weeks later, guess what? I am heading back to Kentucky. And will probably begin my first sentence for next month complaining about being worn slick again.
It’s been a little over a month since my daughter Brennyn and her husband Mustafa and my granddaughter Cadence announced that they are expecting a baby!! To join our family at Christmas. We are so excited!! Just as I thought I was ready to put up the pack-n-play for good!!
- Xhaust as my girls would say; PC was sick with a headache – migraine? – all day, didn’t even play baseball, homemade chicken noodle soup for supper; I remember making May baskets on this day as a little girl in Boston. 05.01.2021
- Terrible wind made being outside unpleasant; scrapbooked with Valerie while PC watched the Reds’ game: haven’t seen Fluff since we’ve been home. 05.02.2021
- …birthday to my big, baby sister Valerie. And happy anniversary, Brennyn and Mustafa. Over the mountain to help with my babes – loved the snuggles I got from everyone – caught up on laundry, started the ironing, worked on my mosaic and fixed these ribs in the Instapot for dinner; my Fluff is back. 05.03.2021
- Over the montaña to help with my babes, got them dressed, fed and to school by myself…whew; enjoyed some self-care with eyebrow threading and a haircut, ran on the treadmill, tried to put out fires surrounding my sweet mama…she seems engulfed in flames. 05.04.2021
- Happy anniversary, Lauren and Francisco. Woke up crying over Mom but remembered that I need to turn my worries over to God; prayed for direction and it came with the director of her residence complex stepping in to ensure Mom gets the care she is paying for and requires; celebrated with a good report from my parathyroid surgery and a fabulous facial. 05.05.2021
Heartbreak and Babysitting
- Enjoyed a long walk with my friend and former teaching colleague Martha, monthly trip to the commissary but forgot to buy chicken – we only eat it 4 times a week! – will have to run to Walmart; Mom was a wreck today, crying, lonely – so heart breaking; finished my mosaic…oh, YEAH! 05.06.2021
- Quick kettlebell workout before PC’s doctor appointment, his neck and arm pain are not cardiac related but from the same cervical spine problems I had; breakfast at Village Inn, stroll about the outlet mall, delicious afternoon nap, homemade pizzas for dinner using Mama Mary pizza crusts, Reds baseball on TV. 05.07.2021
- Last practice baseball game and my Prince ‘caught’ all 9 innings and had 2 fabulous hits…then we took naps!!; babysat for Cia and Cami so Lauren and Francisco could celebrate their anniversary, enjoyed taking the rascals to the park and giving them baths and just being Gabba. 05.08.2021
Ice Cream Makes Everything Better
- Keep forgetting to write my sentences. Happy Mother’s Day to me. On this night we opted for Dairy Queen ice cream right before bed…dangerous!! 05.09.2021
- Good day…up early for quiet time and a weight lifting workout, did some blogging, brushed the pool, and took two walks, finished my #100DayProject in the knick of time, spring cleaning has begun. 05.10.2021
- Enjoyable walk and talk with Martha again this morning, blood work to try to determine what’s causing my muscle cramping; spring cleaning almost finished in the master bathroom, onward and upward. 05.11.2021
- Over the mountain to help with the girls, loved playing with Lucia and her Calico Critters, washed bedding, they failed to give Mom a shower yesterday and today, so much for 3 times a week; wish we had a caregiver for her like Emma on “After Life.” 05.12.2021
- Another good day…what do they say? “When mama’s happy, everyone’s happy?” My mom has been happy for a couple of days now, so this mama (me) is happy and it trickles down, walked with Martha, finished the spring cleaning in the master bedroom and bath, only have the carpets to clean, finished my book The Good Sister, CDC says those of us vaccinated can be mask free. 05.13.2021
- All over the place today, felt unfocused; cleaned bedroom carpet and throw rugs, steam mopped bathroom – love my new mop, ironed galore, walk after dinner along the reservoir watching the storm clouds and chance of rain blow right by us. We’ve had less than .85 inches this year. 05.14.2021
- Piddled around in this Saturday morning before PC’s 1:00 pm ball game; walked around the lake before the game began, Paul played very well but sprained his ankle….grrr; hot tub soak and a makeshift charcuterie board for dinner; watched The Woman in the Window before bed – thought it was pretty good, book club read the book. 05.15.2021
No More Masks?
- Yay…up for church and 90% of the folks were mask-less, Aunt Annie’s pretzel or prenzel as Lucia would say for breakfast, fixed the Instapot ribs again with potato and macaroni salad, baked beans and apple pie for late lunch when kids came over to swim, Lucia said she had a lot of fun at Gabba’s house when she left. 05.16.2021
- Awake at 4:30 am, over the mountain to help with my pumpkins, then volunteered in the library at the middle school Brennyn and Lauren attended, shrimp and grits for dinner, laundry, ran on the treadmill, tired today. 05.17.2021
- After getting the girlsies to school, I picked up Lorena – my former library assistant – for breakfast on the patio at Grove El Paso, we had much to catch up on and still do; ran a few errands talked to Mom while in the car, leftovers for dinner, ran again. 05.18.2021
- Bought a new bathing suit top and swim skirt because mine are all too big…not sure how that happened…need to really concentrate on toning; all off schedule on spring cleaning but did catch up laundry and ironing; it rained!! 05.19.2021
- Fourth day with my girls, saw Ernie the goat right beside the road on Transmountain, more Mom worries, then Brennyn began feeling very dizzy and had to get an emergency appointment with her OB but the baby is fine, thank You, God. 05.20.2021
- Day off for my PC…we filled it with fun – helped with the girls and took them to school, iHOP breakfast, walked the outlet mall then the Rio Grande Riverpark Trail, enjoyed a beer at Old Sheepdog Brewery – great murals, pizza for dinner, Reds baseball game on TV. 05.21.2021
- Quick stretch before heading out to PC’s ball game; Lauren and the girls joined us on the hottest day yet this year; Cami has probably never been that hot in her little life; we fed the ducks on Duck Island, admired the turtles and watched a few minutes of Campa’s game, was so proud of all 3 of my girls, and PC played great; couple’s massage late in the afternoon and taco run for dinner, tried 2 new to us places. 05.22.2021
- Mom has had such a great weekend! Kevin brought her cinnamon rolls on Saturday, she watched golf all day yesterday and today, thank You, God. We went to church, walked the outlet mall, PC watched Reds baseball and I scrapbooked with Valerie, felt sick to my stomach all day…tacos?? 05.23.2021
Happy Mom, Happy Me
- Good day…Mom played Bingo and made a friend, I got the laundry done, got in lots of blog reading, ran on the treadmill, grilled chicken for dinner. 05.24.2021
- Feeling my body slowing down…not sure what that’s about, not sleeping well lately with bizarre dreams; so not wanting to do much during the day. Volunteered for 3 hours at the First Baptist Church clothes closet – fun to organize the clothes and purses (found some real treasures including a vintage Etienne Aigner); talked to mom, catnapped with the cats, started spring cleaning in the upstairs guest room, purged many more of my children’s books, PC ‘cooked’ Taco Bell for supper. 05.25.2021
- Enjoyed good conversation and an hour-long walk with Martha, stopped in Walmart to get groceries until I can go to the commissary; ironed all the wrinkled clothes, had a teleconference with my primary care physician to ask for a dermatology referral, and to ask her about the muscle cramping, itching, discomfort in my chest I am feeling lately, steak for dinner. 05.26.2021
More Spring Cleaning
- Blog writing and reading, cleaned and organized the linen closet, ran to Dollar Tree for some plastic containers for each of the sheet sets, chicken soup for supper, bedtime walk. 05.27.2021
- Up early for breakfast with my teacher friend Benita, Paul announced he was taking the afternoon off, so I ran like a chicken this morning trying to get things done: delivered purged children’s books to 2 schools and Little Free Library, returned PC’s accidentally ordered 3XL tee shirt to Kohl’s, bought needles and hooks and eyes at Walmart so I fix Mom’s bras, tried to return a top to Banana Republic but they said I have to mail it back, walked through Target, took old bedding and pillows to animal shelter, had mani and pedi with Lauren – she treated – so nice, PC and I had popcorn supper at the movies and watched “Cruella.” 05.28.2021
Another Date Day
- Lazy start to this Saturday, then walk around Outlet Mall, Kohl’s Barnes & Noble, tried a new German restaurant – Little Bavarian – for a late lunch, ate spicy schnitzel and spaetzel with a cold Kristalweizen beer; cat nap in the afternoon, baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 05.29.2021
- Up early to fly with Lauren, Francisco and the girls to see my mom and brother in Lexington; the babies were excellent on the planes, we all ate dinner out – Mom included; her first time to eat out in close to 18 months; she did so well!! 05.30.2021
- Visited with Mom after breakfast, then took the girls to the hotel pool, naps for everyone after, then a delightful late afternoon/early evening with Kevin and LeeAnn at LeeAnn’s house; Mom went, too!! We were able to lift her up the stairs and into the house in her wheelchair, she seemed to truly enjoy herself and so did we!! Prayers answered. 05.31.2021
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 05.2021? Has your world started going maskless yet? Have you made progress on spring cleaning? Started thinking about summer plans? Would love for you to join me for 10 on the 10th this month. We will be answering the 10 questions posted here all about summer.
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi! But if you don’t blog, you can still join us by sharing the memorable moments of your May in a comment below or on my Facebook page, here.
As I publish this post, it is late on 06.01.2021. We have had 2 amazing days with my mom in Kentucky. She is like a different woman from the person we said goodbye to late last month. Praise God!!
Hugs and kisses,