Hello long, lost friends!
Welcome to Sentence a Day, 05.2019. Have about given up blogging because of the IRRITATING security warning on my blog when accessed through Chrome. Have contacted my web host, WordPress, and had some wonderful suggestions from some of you about trying to fix things but it seems my issue stems from links embedded in my website that lead to another website that has been shut down. No one, yet, has been able to help me. I promise my site has not been hacked nor will you be tricked into giving me your personal information or credit card numbers. Have a feeling my June sentences may read a whole lot the same until this issue is resolved.
On these Sentence a Day posts, my life is chronicled in one run-on sentence a day. So thankful to have discovered Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand through our mutual friend Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side and this series.
Have struggled to write my sentences much of this year. Didn’t get started on May until, 05.05.2019. So almost a week late. Off to a better start for June.
Sentence a Day, 05.2019
Caring for Mom
- Remembering days of May baskets and May poles from childhood, and my mom’s cute homemade birthday cakes, had hoped to have a repeat patio picnic for mom and her friends but our day didn’t cooperate as she had more appointments and tests. 05.01.2019
- Kevin got back from Kansas City in time to accompany us to the doctor, the rashes are yeast infections, mom has a pressure ulcer (like a bedsore) on her tailbone from the hospital stay?, wheelchair I ordered her? or her new lifting chair?; mom ordered dinner to be delivered to her apartment, and I had pleasant dinner with Kevin and LeeAnn. 05.01.2019
- Took mom for a CT scan of her abdomen, ate lunch with mom and her friends, got lots of hugs from all the ladies, took mom to a physical therapy eval, then headed to the airport for home, arrived in El Paso shortly before 10:00 pm, and oh, how my kitties were glad to see me! 05.02.2019
Reunited And It Feels So Good
- Happy birthday to my baby sister, Valerie. Took my time getting up this morning, was so hot in the night then discovered this morning our upstairs AC unit isn’t working, gathered my recipes and headed to the grocery store, then happily headed to the airport to pick up my Prince C., finally home from Washington state, street tacos for dinner, quiet evening in our own house. 05.03.2019
- Baseball Saturday but PC pulled a hamstring and had to take himself out of the game, lazy most of the rest of the day and pizza for dinner. 05.04.2019
- Braden Aboud Memorial 5K – Cinco de Mile – didn’t set any records but ran the whole thing while my prince with his sore leg walked the whole thing; home by 10:30 and we crawled back into bed for a nap, watched Reds baseball and “Game of Thrones,” grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner; mom has had more troubles. 05.05.2019
- So nice to fall back into my regular routine…on Monday we iron, and do laundry, and skip the gym; I mowed the grass, relished in spending quiet time in my loft; AC repairman came but the part we need may have to be ordered which will take close to 2 weeks, bedtime walk around the park and good convo with mom. 05.06.2019
- Continued digging my way out of my mountainous pile of ironing, finished a book…May is the month of finishing things!…attended a Barnes & Noble book club where I thought my fav author was going to be speaking and signing books, was disappointed to discover that wasn’t the case and the host of the book club had not even read the book we were discussing…how does that work? It doesn’t! 05.07.2019
- Up early for PC’s second nerve ablation, he seems to be relatively pain-free, enjoyed iHOP for breakfast, lazy afternoon while his anesthesia wore off then a quick trip to ride the bikes and laying on the massage beds at the gym. 05.08.2019
- All the hard work that goes into a clean house is totally worth it…love my home and how it looks and smells when it is nice and clean; mom sounds so good, thank You, God; sweet surprise from my darling friend Dani at Family.Love.Inspiration. 05.09.2019
- Quiet morning, quick trip to the outlet mall where PC treated me to another new Under Armor outfit for Mother’s Day, workout at the gym, Panda Express for late lunch, Skyped and scrapped with my sister, Lauren, Francisco and Lucia arrived and I played the rest of the evening! 05.10.2019
- Time with my baby girl all by ourselves…looked at 4 houses together and made a whirlwind Target run before she joined Francisco and Lucia at the Buendia’s, then I headed to the ballpark to watch another Yankee win, followed by din din at Casita Linda, hot tub fun with Lucia, bath and bedtime stories…hope she sleeps well and late! 05.11.2019
- Mother’s Day…Lucia slept late and well, ate a good breakfast, played at the park, splashed in the hot tub until her mommy and daddy got home, then we all went out for dinner at Souper Salad and watched “Game of Thrones” together. 05.12.2019
- Lucia slept good again last night, PC had to go to work, Francisco had an interview at University Medical Center and was offered the job, Lauren and Cia and I went house shopping and saw 2 winners, played with baby girl in the hot tub until the kids got packed up and off for home, my Prince and I watched “The Bachelorette” and took our bedtime spin around the park. 05.13.2019
- Yay for a back-to-normal kinda day…kinda…put out some fires with mom, requiring a half-dozen phone calls but enjoyed quiet time, writing, reading, picking up the house, morning walk, cleaned the pool, finished laundry, blog reading and a good supper of grilled hamburgers and baked jalapeño poppers. 05.14.2019
- Another nice day at home…my car won’t start which means I am homebound, but that’s okay for now, hoping to get it fixed this weekend; still no AC either but the weather continues to cooperate, keeping the house from being unbearably hot, physical exam for life insurance (do you have life insurance?), writing, reading, walking and butter chicken (recipe coming soon) for dinner. 05.15.2019
- We have AC, but don’t want to use it unless we need to, started my jigsaw puzzle but boy, are those pieces tiny, left-overs for dinner, bedtime walk around the park. 05.16.2019
- Up early to take my car to the shop, good workout at the gym, window shopping at the Fountains of Farrah, Souper Salad lunch, good convo with mom. 05.17.2019
- Crazy winds and sand blasts at the ball game, run-rule loss made for an early lunch with the gang, grocery shopping at the commissary afterward for Weight Watcher friendly food, blog writing this evening and “Live PD.” 05.18.2019
- Strange dream from last night haunted me all day, meaningful message at church, home for a hearty WW breakfast, Skryped with my sister and finished scrapping the last of the Germany photos I have printed, bike ride to the gym, steak on the grill, final episode of “Game of Thrones,” time to move on. 05.19.2019
- Feeling upside down all day, maybe because of the crazy winds that have returned, blogged, QT, nice walk, crock pot beans and ham soup, “The Bachelorette,” but worried all day about an error message I keep getting here. 05.20.2019
- Had every intention of spring cleaning today but didn’t happen, fixed WW friendly enchiladas, good work out at the gym, bedtime walk, terrible winds again all day. 05.21.2019
- We are both doing well on our dieting, and work outs, got laundry done and folded, blog posts written, watched “Chernobyl” on HBO, what a horrible disaster that was, attended a Chihuahuas day game with baseball friends. 05.22.2019
- Nervous morning at the court house for another hearing about this pool, ended with the judge determining we must agree to mediation, which we can’t afford, so our suit can go no further; came home so bummed, worried about the error message on my blog, the pool, PC’s job so moped for about 30 minutes then forced myself to work in the yard pulling weeds. 05.23.2019
Thank You, Soldiers
- Such a fun day…awoke after crazy dreams all night, quick trip to the gym, home to shower and head to the mountains with the top down on the Mustang, walked around Ruidoso, bought our favorite handmade soaps and enjoyed wine at two wineries, stopped half-way home to see Aladdin at the theater in Alamogordo, NM, back home in time for bed. 05.24.2019
- Sleeping so soundly these days knowing my mom is in a good place right now; up early, breakfast, packed a picnic then headed to the gym for a quick workout followed by a 3 hour hike up Mundy’s Gap in the Franklin Mountains, we were out of practice hiking, whew!, Dairy Queen afterward, a little quiet time then mowed the grass, leftovers for dinner, bedtime walk and “Live PD.” 05.25.2019
- Up in the middle of the night trying to fix my blog with no luck; up a few hours later to start our day, breakfast, gym workout, shower and dressed in my new Loft Outlet jumpsuit and with the top down we headed for the wine fest but the wind kicked up a dusty rain so had to put the top up, only at the wine fest long enough to get one glass of wine when the event was cancelled due to the wind, home to catnap, had lasagna for dinner, bedtime walk. 05.26.2019
- Memorial Day trip to the national cemetery, grocery shopping for WW-friendly food, fussing with Lauren because she wanted me to come up this week to help clean their house and stage it for photos by the realtor but I felt like I needed to stay for PC’s doctor appointment, 05.27.2019
- Lauren had an ultrasound and they couldn’t find the baby’s heartbeat, will try again in 10 days, praying our baby is ok, mom is struggling with her vision and her stomach and her hearing aids. 05.28.2019
- Early appointment with PC at the pain management clinic, he is still has pain in his back, hips, foot, gym afterward, bedtime walk. 05.29.2019
Winding Up The Month With a Bang
- Spent several hours poolside under the pergola doing my quiet time and reading, worked on cleaning up the rock garden, spring cleaning PC’s office, skipped the gym, Ranch pork chops for dinner. 05.30.2019
- End of the month…finished up some projects in the nick of time, spring cleaning upstairs, and a book I was reading for fun, did the regular ole cleaning of the rest of the house, meatball soup for dinner. 05.31.2019
I wound up the month on a high point that I have carried into June. Working hard to tie up some ends that have been loose for too long. Hope I can keep up steam.
How did your May pan out? Was it a 10 or half that? How is your June staring out? Four days in, I am enjoying this first month of summer. IF I could just get that warning to disappear.
Are you are blogger with a Sentence a Day, 05.2019 post to share? Please link up with us below.
Hope by Sentence a Day time next month, my blog will be back to its crazy normal. Thank you for hanging in with me!
Hugs and kisses,