Good Thursday morn to you!
Here we are again! Another post. Must be a full moon or something. One thing for sure, it’s the first Thursday of the month which means it is time for Sentence a Day, 05.2018. I really slipped on my sentence writing last month. There were days when I was just too dawg tard (dog tired) to write a sentence. And not doing much better so far this month. But I want to get my act together because it’s always fun to see all that has happened, to remember the special moments and to celebrate the little milestones and triumphs. And I’m always glad to have you join me for this and all my other posts!!
Sentence a Day, 05.2018
Feeling My Age
- Dreary, cool day…felt more like fall than May Day; I remember as a child making May Day baskets at school and dancing ’round the May Pole, innocent times. 05.01.2018
- Stepped outside my comfort zone with two activities – walking around downtown adding money to parking meters, and taking my first Pure Barre class – talk about hard work, I felt every one of my 60 years! 05.02.2018
Love is in the Air
- Spent much of the morning trying to put out prenuptial nerves in Brennyn, then waiting on pins and needles for the first pictures of their marriage ceremony in Las Vegas; in between that, I finally finished spring cleaning the study, amazed that I am not bedridden after yesterday’s workout, cheeseburger sloppy Joe’s for dinner after PC’s baseball practice. Happy wedding day, Brennyn and Mustafa. 05.03.2018
- Terribly frustrating meeting with our inept and totally incompetent lawyer for the latest on our pool lawsuit, came home shaking with anger and disappointment, walked up McKelligon Canyon to work some of the anger out and watched “Tully”, a fabulous movie, at the theater. 05.04.2018
- Baseball Saturday with six hours at the ball park, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for supper and a soak in the hot tub before bed. Happy 6th anniversary to Lauren and Francisco. 05.05.2018
- Super Sunday…bike ride to the gym and home with weight work out while there, grilled shrimp and chicken for dinner, quiet evening blog reading and watching Lucia on What’s App; Lauren seemed really, really good! 05.06.2018
- Got all out of whack with my morning routine which threw my day off, pizza for dinner, skipped the gym, worked on my elephant cross-stitch and elephant collage today. 05.07.2018
- Overall good day; city inspector actually showed up to reinspect our electricity for the pool, he advised me how to put in a complaint against the pool builder’s bond, cleaned and organized the drawers in the master bath, morning walk, 79 minute gym work out, used my Instapot for the first time to make beans and sausage. 05.08.2018
- Another good day…until the garage door broke…what is going on with our house?…my second barre class was tougher than the first, worked on my elephant collage, made meatloaf for dinner after a 75 minute gym work out…just call me Jack(ette) Lalane. 05.09.2018
- Hot as blue blazes, second triple digit day; lunch with old Schuster Elementary pals, finished organizing bathroom, journaled in my Bible, walked around the neighborhood and ran on the treadmill, Skryped with my sister and finished another Germany trip scrapbook page. Lauren has an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic and asked me to accompany her with Lucia; thank you, God, for answered prayers. 05.10.2018 (I wrote 2011…geez, where is my mind?
- PC’s Friday off so we were out and about getting him a sports massage, working out at the fancy schmancy Planet Fitness on the we$t $ide of town, followed by Chinese buffet and a soak in the hot tub. 05.11.2018
- Baseball Saturday – long day at the ball park but got a good walk in while talking to my mom on the phone, improptu hot dogs on the grill and beer with the baseball team after the game, Souper Salad supper and FREE ‘Don’t Look Back’ Boston tribute band concert at the Sunland Park Casino. 05.12.2018
- Mother’s Day Sunday – my babies gave me a carpet cleaner for pet owners; easy work out at the gym, ran a few errands, strawberry cheesecake for dinner. 05.13.2018
- PC was off today for a doctor’s appointment, I ironed, organized his side of the closet, worked on blog reading and writing, helped install new faucets in our bathroom to replace the leaky ones, called lawyers, inspectors about the pool, good work out at the gym, steak on the grill for dinner. 05.14.2018
Going into Battle
- Prepared notes, a timeline and photographs for our pool court hearing, good gym workout, inside out egg rolls in a bowl for dinner then walked up to get frozen yogurt after sunset. 05.15.2018
- Court hearing was today, met with the opposing council and hope we have convinced him that all we want is our pool to be made ‘right’; came home and hit the spring cleaning of our room – washed windows, blinds, dusted everything, laundered drapes and bedding but feeling very shaky and weak today. 05.16.2018
- Finished spring cleaning upstairs with the exception of the carpets which I will do tomorrow, only took 2 months to clean 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, a study, a loft and a big ole hall; had blood drawn to check for diabetes…always something. 05.17.2018
- Yay for good days…Bible journaling, spring cleaning, morning walk, afternoon workout at the gym, spaghetti squash casserole for dinner; another sad, distressing shooting at a Texas high school, senselessness. 05.18.2018
- Another good day…slept like a champ, PC played a great baseball game, lunch with the baseball gang, first swim of the season, blog writing and Live PD watching, long phone convo with my mom, Buff sounds more energetic. 05.19.2018
- Lazy until noon, another good gym workout – so proud of us – Panda Express to celebrate, early to bed. 05.20.2018
- Quick morning ironing, finishing the carpet cleaning upstairs, putting laundry away before meeting PC at work for a picnic lunch (hamburger on a bench) then driving to Albuquerque so I can accompany Lauren (and Lucia) to The Cleveland Clinic for an evaluation. 05.21.2018
- Scrambled around helping Lauren get her suitcase packed and Lucia’s many necessities together for our trip to Cleveland, after two flights and five hours, we took an Uber to the hotel and were tucked into bed before midnight. 05.22.2018
- Hectic day with appointment for Lauren at the Cleveland Clinic at 7:45, evaluated by a microscopic polyangiitis specialist who thinks she doesn’t have it but has inflammatory bowel disease instead, running more tests to try to get a clear diagnosis. Removed Lauren from her chemo and steroids and a third medicine called Plaquenil. The results for the tests won’t be back for 24-48 hours so we rented a car and drove 5+ hours to Lexington to see my mom and brother. 05.23.2018
- Such a nice day with my mom, Lauren, and Lucia in Lexington…lunch and dinner, naps and happy hour music together, Lucia was a doll high-fiving and knuckle bumping all of the seniors at my mom’s apartment complex. 05.24.2018
- Visited with Metra (sister-in-law) and Shelby (niece) before lunch and Kevin and his girlfriend LeeAnn after lunch, dinner at mom’s favorite restaurant O’Charley’s and bingo before we head back to the hotel to pack up for our trip back to Cleveland and home. I love my brother so much. He bought Lauren a beautiful guardian angel to keep her safe. 05.25.2018
- Up hours before sunrise, split the drive to Cleveland with Lauren, Lucia was a doll; turned in rental car and boarded our first flight for home, layover in Houston, arriving in Albuquerque just before bedtime…one LONG day, and 3 time zones! 05.26.2018
Home, Sweet Home
- Woke up soaking wet with sweat, not certain where I was, decided to head for home without waking Lauren to say goodbye so left a little love note for her and a heart and kiss on the bathroom mirror in lipstick for Lucia; glad to come home to my sweet husband and our life. 05.27.2018
- Eased back into the routine with biscuits and gravy for breakfast, an easy workout at the gym, visit to the national cemetery, swimming laps in the pool and pizza and beer for dinner. 05.28.2018
- Back on track with a regular weekday with PC at work and me at home filling my day with ironing, vacuuming, mopping, devotional time, morning walk and then a good workout with my hubs at the gym before dinner. 05.29.2018
- Crazy day driving from one end of El Paso to the other for a cut and color and lots of odd errands in blistering heat. 05.30.2018
- My whirlwind trip is catching up with me…feeling snorky and sniffly at the same time, coughing and hoarse, babied myself with a nap. 05.31.2018
I’ve been doing these Sentence a Day posts for quite some time. Originally through some of the TBB gals. But it is Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand who actually dreamed up this series. Sadly, Rebecca Jo lost her father suddenly toward the middle of May. Hope you will join me in thinking a good thought and sending up a prayer for this sweet lady and her family.
How did you fare in May? Good month, bad month or somewhere in-between? If you have a Sentence a Day, 05.2018 post, please link up with us!
We have one more out of town trip in the near future and then I am going to park myself at home and not going to budge. I have been so off my routine. And I miss it. Spring cleaning may never get finished!
Off to walk with my Prince before bed.
Hugs and kisses,