Welcome to Sentence a Day 04.2021 – my April in one run-on sentence a day. These posts are fab for helping me keep track of what’s happened in my life and when.
Thankful to RebeccaJo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. Rebecca Jo never fails to make me laugh!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 04.2021
- Floored by the April Fool’s prank my PC pulled…involving the bullet found in our yard by the yard guys and a make believe visit to our house by the Ft. Bliss Criminal Investigation Department (CID) because of the bullet. 04.01.2021
- PC was off, visited That Pottery Place – oh, wow; scored 3 metal cactus from my sweet Prince for my birthday, Casita Linda for dinner. 04.02.2021
- Lots of yard work, “planted” my metal cactus. 04.03.2021
- Hoppy Easter; God=❤️ and ✝️=forgiveness; second time back to church, first swim of the season with Lauren and family, ham and all the fixings, Buff baked me a birthday cake. 04.04.2021
- New military ID card photo makes me look toothless – to celebrate I ate the rest of my German chocolate birthday cake. 04.05.2021
- Happy birthday to me. Quiet day but felt love from so many. 04.06.2021
- Over the mountain early to help with my babies, Cami is sick with tummy troubles, went with Lauren to take her to the pediatrician, no flu, no strep. 04.07.2021
- Received our property tax appraisal…$20k increase in the valuation of our home…WOW…Cami was so sick that the kids took her back to the pediatrician and she was admitted to the children’s hospital severely dehydrated. 04.08.2021
- Over the mountain early to be with Lucia while the kids were at the hospital with Cami; she was released mid-afternoon, thank goodness; diagnosed with adeno virus, finally had a wet diaper at 3:30 am. 04.09.2021
- Enjoyed the morning with Cami and Lauren, playing in their backyard then giving Cam her naptime bottle. 04.09.2021
Trying the Trend
- Finally a good night’s sleep but tortured by terrible dreams; wore my overalls for the first time and I am in love (not sure why my cardi is so lopsided), had a young man ask to photograph me in them which gave my confidence a boost. 04.10.2021
- Overslept for church, spent most of the day delightfully playing with Lucia at our house, soaked in the hot tub, made a town on a white board for her Polly Pocket houses, after dinner walk to get my StepBet steps. 04.11.2021
- PC had his third epidural this morning followed by iHOP for brunch, quiet afternoon, cheesy southwest chicken soup for supper. 04.12.2021
- Across town for PC’s stress test, watched the trial of Derek Chauvin with Paul, drank wine while fixing HelloFresh for dinner then our hand-painted wine glasses rolled off the drying mat and shattered on the floor…made me so sad. 04.13.2021
- Teleconference with the director of Cedarhurst, mom’s assisted living complex, head of nursing and the head of therapy to determine how best to help her as she is struggling to walk down to meals 3X a day; photo shoot for Ageless Style, finished scrap book page, more trial, Lauren and the girls came over for Casita Linda’s, an after dinner walk and baths. 04.14.2021
- Met my old friend Martha for a 2 hour walk after we ran into each other a few weeks ago at Walmart, it was so nice to catch up and to talk with someone who feels much the way I do about retirement and this chapter in life, finally got the downstairs cleaned up good, smelled so springy and fresh. 04.15.2021
- Over the mountain early to help with the dumplings, fed Cia (5 year old) while Cami (1 year old) fed herself and got sticky from head to toe, Home Depot for some replacement plants, stop at library, Old Navy, and to pick up restrung wind chime, cleaned upstairs, bring on the weekend. 04.16.2021
- PC played well in today’s first baseball game of the season, unseasonably cold, we soaked in the hot tub to get warm afterward, got my StepBet steps walking around the ball park and then around the Fountains of Farrah where I found the cutest gingham top for under my overalls. 04.17.2021
- Kettleball workout after laughing with Mom on the phone, meandered about the Outlet Mall, stopped at Lowe’s for the first supplies toward creating our xeriscaped side yard, soup and salad for supper, blog reading all evening. 04.18.2021
- Spent much of the day with my sickie poo Cia while her mommy and daddy went to Lauren’s cardiophysiologist appointment, we colored, watched birds, drew pictures, played with kinetic sand; dumbbell workout and HelloFresh for dinner. 04.19.2021
- Exciting news that I can’t share yet but so happy to have something wonderful on our horizon before the year’s end. Guilty verdict for Chauvin on 3 charges for the death of George Floyd, justice was served; read with Cady tonight and loved seeing her smile. 04.20.2021
- Toothache or headache or earache making me pretty miserable; Cady had a difficult night, wish I could have been there to hold her. 04.21.2021
- Finished packing, ran to Target for kitty food, emergency dental appointment where they figured out my pain problem is periodontal disease; they cleaned the infected teeth and snipped away the necrotic tissue, injected the pockets around each tooth with medication and sent me home with a medicated mouth rinse. 04.22.2021
Visiting the Moms
- Long travel day on 3 planes between El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, sad to be at the Clingans and not see Paul’s father in his chair, pizza for dinner and lots of reminiscing. 04.23.2021
- Nice day with the Ohio fam, starting with pastries and coffee on the town square in Troy, shopping with Greta, dinner with Clingan cousins, and rain…so rare in El Paso; everything is beautifully blooming and green here in the Midwest. 04.24.2021
- The fellas videotaped my MIL May talking about the houses they lived in up and down Bowman Street in Tipp City, went to the rock and gem show and bought Lucia a Penisaurus tooth, coffee on the square, prepared May’s bedroom for the new bed we bought her, delish chili and cherry pie for dinner. 04.25.2021
- Shortly after waking received a call from Kevin that Mom was extremely dizzy and not well, then we learned that Cedarhurst was on Code Red again, and I cried…worried I wouldn’t be able to see her but the director made an exception – PTL – on our way to Lexington, we stopped at the outlet mall outside of Cincinnati – found some cute things at Loft Outlet – how I miss you; Mom was so weak, had a terrible headache at the base of her head, and her eyes were bouncing all over the place, we were scared she was having a stroke but the nurses at Cedarhurst said she wasn’t, a little better by bedtime. 04.26.2021
- Mom was a little better this morning, antibiotics on board for a UTI and possible ear infection, Lauren is worried she’s had another stroke; I love helping her and wish I could do it more often. 04.27.2021
Blowing the Stink Off
- Gray morning, picked out shoes for Mom at Walmart before going to her apartment, her high arch – which I inherited – makes it hard to find shoes; took her for a ride around the neighborhood, Panera soup in a bread bowl for lunch, meandered about the beautiful historic Waveland Museum grounds, Mom was very agitated when we returned to her apartment, she is sooo tired of the struggles of life, wish she lived closer. 04.28.2021
- Drizzly day for saying goodbye to Mom, helped her with a shower before heading for Ohio, exotic tacos from Agave & Rye for dinner with May, Greta and John and Winans coffee for dessert before heading back to 23 Bowman for bed. 04.29.2021
- Three planes and we’re home; sad goodbyes to May, Casita Linda’s for dinner before getting home to our kitties, my Prince has a murderous headache…we will need a vacation to recover from our vacation. 04.30.2021
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 04.2021? Have you filed your tax return? Started your spring cleaning? Inquiring minds want to know!!
If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi! But if you don’t blog, you can still join us by sharing the memorable moments of your April in a comment below.
Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day here with me. Hope to get back on track this week. Spring cleaning. Bucket list activities. Wellness goals. Finish my #100DayProject. What’s up your sleeve this week?
Hugs and kisses,