Welcome, daffodils, to Sentence a Day, 03.2020 – my March in one run-on sentence a day. These posts such a great way to journal your day-to-day life. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, it’s not too late to start for 04.2020. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand thought up the SaD idea and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us. I am sure everyone’s March was quite unusual.
Sentence a Day 03.2020
Opposite of last month, March got off to a good start and ended with a fizzle. I imagine you know my pain. PC says April’s sentences are all going to sound the same. More truth than poetry!
Last Get-Away Day
- Lazy morning in our hotel room until time to get ready for the game, and breakfast/lunch at Panera on the way, Reds had a tough loss to the Brewers at their stadium, walked around a park after the game, then dinner at Wildflower Bread Company, turned in rental, hung out at the airport until time to fly home, so nice to see our kitties. 03.01.2020
Back to Life
- Slept so well in our own bed, put the new bedspread on and I like it, made my grocery list, off to the commissary, put up the groceries, then off to the gym for a good workout, potato soup for dinner, “The Bachelor” tonight. 03.02.2020
- Hit snooze and implemented my new plan to pray until my snooze alarm rings, over the mountain to help with Cia, dropped her off at school, then headed back to Cami-sit so Lauren could have a nap, didn’t get home til early afternoon but sure enjoyed all 3 of my girls, finished laundry, ironed, easy supper, blog writing and reading, mom sounded almost back to normal tonight. 03.03.2020
- Up early for a psychiatrist’s appointment to get a refill for my new anxiety and old OCD meds, pickleball afterward with my new friend Janet, grabbed a few things at Walmart we didn’t get at the commissary on Monday, started my clean closet challenge and purge, fish sticks and shrimp for dinner. 03.04.2020
- Over the mountain this morning, but not before enjoying my QT complete with aromatherapy and pecan flavored coffee at 5:30 am, dressed, fed Cia and fixed her hair after we played for lil bitsy, dropped her at school, walked Cami around the block with Lauren, fixed dinner for the kids while they took Cami for an ultrasound for her tummy troubles, home by 3:30, but no energy to do anything else, meat loaf, cheese mashed potatoes for supper, blog reading tonight. 03.05.2020
Doing My Chores
- All over the place today, skipped pickleball in order to get things done around the house and flitted from one project to the next, enjoyed QT, reading Present over Perfect, sorted and organized the sweaters, dresses, skirts in my closet, moved plants back outdoors that have been inside for the winter, began my spring decorating, decided to skip One Sisterhood at church so soaked in the hot tub with PC instead. 03.06.2020
- Home all morning so the plumbers could fix our leaky spigot, cleaned the downstairs, put out my spring decorations, went for a quick walk in the sun, then PC called to say his team won their ball game and were meeting at a favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch, I met them there for mole enchiladas that were particularly tasty, picked up the book club’s latest read at the library, then to the movies to watch “The Way Back” which was surprisingly good, moving, cheese and crackers for dinner, “Live PD.” 03.07.2020
- Our atomic clock did not adjust for the time change so we overslept and missed church, it was rainy most of the day so we took advantage by being lazy, made a quick trip to Lowe’s to price patio furniture and solar lights, Chipotle for dinner, off to bed early. 03.08.2020
- Rained again in the night – so crazy – blogging this morning, Dollar Tree run, mailed my donated bras to Bra Recyclers, walked once the sun came out, ironed, bummed all day about the stock market crashing and the coronavirus, worried about our country. 03.09.2020
- How hard it was to drag out of bed this morning, over the mountain to help get Cia to school, then played pickleball and had such a good time, felt like I am getting a bit better at it, back to the kids’ house to cuddle Cami so Lauren could have a nap, home to Skrype Skype/scrap with my sister, dinner and the last episode of “The Bachelor.” 03.10.2020
- Mom was taken to the ER by ambulance this morning with vomiting and diarrhea, spent most of the morning there, then released at about 1 pm, I called the ER over and over trying to find out what was happening with her, the apartment complex sent a driver to pick her up, she had been sick all over her nightgown so wore a hospital gown home, sounded very weak and sick in the evening. 03.11.2020
- Had planned to help with the girls, but PC was sick and had to go to urgent care, Mom was back at ER, so Valerie caught a plane to go to KY because Kevin is in Las Vegas and no one is with mom, finally admitted her late in the afternoon, I bought tickets to go up tomorrow, ran errands and bought groceries because the coronavirus has everyone worried about the running out of everything, stock market tanked at 21,000, fell into bed worn out. 03.12.2020
- Up early to catch an 8:00 am flight to Kentucky, Valerie picked me up at the airport and we went straight to St. Joseph to see mom, she looks slightly better today, and we had a few good giggles as we tried to help her into bed after she sat awhile in the chair, Val and I had dinner at BJs with beer, spent the night at Kevin’s girlfriend LeeAnn’s house, exhausted. 03.13.2020
- Long worrisome day spent with Mom in the hospital, no real answers to what is happening with her other than pneumonia, but she is not making sense with so much of what she is saying, that someone came in and gave her bath wearing a beautiful gown, that her chicken for dinner came from 1700 Pennsylvania Avenue, that she has 5 then 4 feet, very concerning; Kevin is home from Las Vegas but has to self-quarantine for 2 weeks, Mom’s doctor says we have to get her into a nursing facility which we have all come to realize. 03.14.2020
More Mom Worries
- Woke up to cold and rainy weather that had me dashing from the car to the hospital, the car to the house, mom was even more worrisome today with tales of how the girl scouts are holding her hostage, how she was moved into a room full of cardboard boxes in the middle of the night, we don’t know what to believe, ran to Kroger to get groceries in, Jacob drove up from college, hamburgers on the grill for dinner and then I threw up. 03.15.2020
- Stomach was turning flips all night and most of today, spent time in the hospital with mom, and in her apartment organizing and sorting mom’s clothes, donated 2 huge bags full to Goodwill, ate at Jason’s Deli because tomorrow all of the restaurants will close, more shopping in the afternoon for bread, hamburger, and meds for my tummy, ate plain spaghetti pasta for dinner, early to bed. 03.16.2020
- St. Patrick’s Day, wore my Walmart tee and Kelly green cardi, stayed at the hospital with mom til lunch, bought Kevin a crock pot so I can fix a pot roast tomorrow, Mom was released from the hospital but we had to take her straight to rehab, where we had to drop her off practically at the door, scrapbooked on the living floor with Valerie before bed. 03.17.2020
- Happy birthday to my BFF Sharon and to my baby girl Lucia!! More work at mom’s apartment, a quick run to Hobby Lobby, put the roast in the crock pot and threw wine, Worcestershire sauce, broth, onion soup mix in with the onion, potatoes and carrots, smelled good when we got home from the hospital, sang happy birthday to Cia on Facetime, wish I could have been there with my doll baby, ran to Target, Jacob went to Murray, KY to meet a girl he’s been talking with online. 03.18.2020
- Kevin and Valerie both have video conferences these days, so our days get put on hold while they have their conferences, Internet is so sketchy that I can’t do much online, glad to know Mom is somewhere that she is safe, walk around Kevin’s neighborhood, the Bartlett pear trees are lovely, the stock market is making everyone crazy who isn’t already crazy from the coronavirus, decided it’s time to go home. 03.19.2020
- Stopped at Target real quick before Valerie and I met with the people at Country Place to sign some papers for mom’s personal care apartment, finished organizing all of her things for the move, back to Kevin’s to get our suitcases, then stopped by Country Place where the physical therapist wheeled mom to the entrance doors so we could wave goodbye to her, lunch and a beer at the airport with Valerie, quick flight to Houston, 3 hour layover there before flying home, in bed by midnight. 03.20.2020
Mom Celebrates Her 93rd Birthday Alone
- Happy 93rd birthday to my mama, hated not being able to hug her goodbye before I left. Felt good to sleep in my own bed, got my suitcase unpacked and laundry done, made Stone Soup in the crock pot, wrote my spring bucket list post, went for a walk, watched “Live PD” before bed. 03.21.2020
- Slept so deeply in my own bed, church is closed because of the virus, PC had to go to work all day in case some kind of important message came in that he would then share with the commanding officer, I went over the mountain to the kids’ house to deliver Cia’s bike, hated not being able to hold her, PC met me at the commissary for a quick hour, which was a rude awakening – no meat, no bread, no chicken, and many empty shelves – he went back to work, I came home, put the groceries away, did a lot of blog reading, we took a walk when he got home and then grilled chicken for dinner. 03.22.2020
- Got PC off to work, then spent most of the rest of the day doing little chores, and blog reading and writing, felt good to just sit and read and think and read some more, winds kicked up with 50 mph gusts, so didn’t even venture outside much, mom sounded good again tonight but fell again…3 falls in 4 days. 03.23.2020
- Oh, my glorious poppies, finally got to spend some time in them with Paul today; just so thick, like a yellow carpet of petals across the foothills and mountainsides, took oodles of photos then stopped by McDonald’s to get burgers and shakes before going home. 03.24.2020
- Finished my latest scrapbooking page and did some Bible journaling with my sister on Facebook, brushed the pool, but the wind just blew everything back in it, finished listening to A Million Dreams, had a satisfying ending, finished up my ironing. 03.25.2020
Back To Life Again
- Okay, the stay at home is getting to me…took a long walk, pumped up our bike tires so we could take a bike ride when PC got home, mom’s things were moved into her new apartment but there’s no one to unpack them, not sure how that’s going to happen before she moves in, my book club is voting on their next book…always fun. 03.26.2020
- PC had the day off so he started measuring the carpeting for the balcony, and he hung some hooks for brooms, and backpacks in the closet under the stairs that I cleaned out and organized, fixed hot dogs on the grill with baked beans and baked jalapeño poppers for dinner. 03.27.2020
- Windy, cool day; PC worked on the outdoor carpet for the balcony, I did some laundry, not really sure where the day went, but boy, was I irritable, even so our stray kitty let me love on him as I fed him. 03.28.2020
- Slept so well and so late for a Sunday but without church, there was no real impetuous to jump out of bed, after breakfast we both worked on projects, I wrote a blog post, and helped PC with the outdoor carpeting on our balcony, took a drive across the mountains to deliver taco lasagna to the kids, and blow kisses at them, soak in the hot tub with a glass of Mango Tango white wine. 03.29.2020
- The tree trimmer finally came after weeks of trying to connect with him, our yard looks so nice, I worked on cleaning up my crafts in the loft, took a walk, cleaned the pool, fixed a chicken tortellini soup for supper, spent most of the afternoon trying to put out fires for and with mom. 03.30.2020
- PC worked from home today, so we had a chance to give the kitties their spring bath and good brushing, ordered new wall flowers from Bath and Body Works to use when I get the house all clean next week, leftovers for dinner, new restrictions coming for the coronavirus crisis across the city. 03.31.2020
Won’t you share your month in review by linking up with us below. Or by leaving a comment on some of the highlights of your third month of the year.
In February’s post I wrote:
This coming month, I hope to sub a little bit and help with my grands a little bit, stay on top of my blogging and to travel to Houston to visit my sister Valerie and attend the Texas Library Association annual conference mid-month. Looking forward to another good month.
Hmm, not so much. Instead I did no subbing, very little time with the grands, conference was cancelled. And not a great month at all. And now we are a week into April and guess what? It’s looking a whole lot like the end of March around here. Stay-at-home orders, face masks, hand washing. Sound familiar? Might become the new normal for sometime to come.
But if it keeps us healthy, hey, I am down!!
Last but not least, my 1 sec a day video for March.
Thank you sweet friends for stopping by to visit. Hope you and those you love most are staying healthy.
Hugs and kisses,