Welcome to Sentence a Day, 03.2019. If you haven’t tried writing a sentence a day, blogger or not, I would encourage you to do so. I am always going back to months passed to see when I did what, or traveled where or even wore a certain outfit. So thankful to have discovered Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand through our mutual friend Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side and this journaling series.
Again this month, I struggled to write my sentences. And have no explanation as to why. Hope I can do better this month. And since today is 04.01, I can start this month out right with my first sentence.
Sentence a Day, 03.2019
Have a look at March:
- Friday that felt like a Saturday because PC was off so we did our gym workout, outlet mall run, picked up christening gown shadow box at Hobby Lobby – it is pretty big, oops – needs a room to itself, my Prince had a pitching lesson and then dinner at Jason’s Deli, gorgeous weather today! 03.01.2019
- Thought PC’s first official ballgame was at 10:00 am but turned out it was 1:00 pm, so enjoyed a quiet morning then walked around the lake at the ball park before watching the game in the gusting wind, Panda Express for an early dinner and Live PD on TV before bed. 03.02.2019
- As desperately as I wanted to sleep late, I didn’t so we headed for the 9:30 church service, then worked in the yard, caught up on laundry, talked to my mom and my sister, glad to be off tomorrow. 03.03.2019
- Had so much on my to-do list but accomplished very little of it; breakfast with Lorena but felt so sad and defeated the whole time, grocery shopping at the commissary but had about a half-dozen calls about issues with my mom which made concentrating very difficult; put the groceries away before my Prince got home, fixed a Duke’s mixture of things for dinner (my dad’s expression), did a quick clean up of the house for Lauren and Lucia then time for “The Bachelor.” 03.04.2019
- Official word at work is no more heaters, with the exception of one small ceramic oscillating heater that they put on the table in the posting room, becoming disenchanted with them but have enjoyed working there and having a purpose to get up and dressed in the morning; wondering if I am finally ready to be retired? Lauren and Lucia arrived just before dinner, we played at the park, ate dinner, had bath and bedtime stories and I got lots of good snuggle cuddles. 03.05.2019
- Took off work today to Cia-sit while Lauren worked and gave a very important presentation, took baby girl to play at McD’s and have some lunch, blew bubbles into the pool, snuggled in bed, had ribs in the InstaPot for dinner…so quick and tender and good! 03.06.2019
- Lauren was off today so slept in a bit, then headed to Souper Salad for a little lunch, and looked at model houses on the west side of town in the anticipation of the kids potentially moving back home, gym after dinner. 03.07.2019 P.S. I resigned.
- Both Lauren and PC were off today so we headed to the outlet mall where my hubs had to take a conference call that resulted in him learning that the organization he works for at Ft. Bliss (and his job) are moving to the east coast – Virginia or Maryland – he will be without a job as of July, at the latest, had a late lunch at an old favorite Mexican restaurant, checked out more model homes, Live PD until bedtime. 03.08.2019 In the video, Cia is saying, “You get me, Gabba, and I get you.”
- Saturday means baseball, the game was at 1:00, Lauren, Lucia and I got there by 2:00 but it was so windy that we stayed in the car to watch, Cia was so good to play while we talked and cheered on PC from the front seat of Lauren’s car, pizza for dinner, hot tub before bed. 03.09.2019
- Little Bit is up with the sun every morning, telling us in a Spanish-English mix, “It’s dia. It’s not noche.” Fixed breakfast and took Cia to the park while Lauren packed for their trip home, PC and I headed to the gym once the girls headed home and then to see “Fighting With My Family”, which was based on a true story and not as bad as I imagined it would be…plus there was popcorn.
- Up shortly after 4:00 to take PC to the airport for his 2 weeks in Washington, back home to jump into quiet time, blog writing, laundry, picking up the house after the girls’ visit, a walk in the sunshine, Skryping (scrapbook + Skype) with my sister, good work out at the gym and “The Bachelor.” 03.11.2019
- Dear lord, I am a week behind on my sentences. 03.12.2019
- Crazy weather day with an 81* early morning, humidity and sunshine for my walk, then winds and rain all afternoon and evening, worked on odd and end projects, ironed, folded clothes, started thinking of what to take for my weekend in Washington, treadmill here at home, dinner and “The Bachelor” finale. 03.12.2019
- Woke up to find a text from my brother – he was at the ER with mom, hours later she was admitted with a compression fracture of T10 vertebrae and fluid in her peritoneum…not sure what that means other than more tests tomorrow and 3 IV antibiotics, supposed to head to Washington state tomorrow, packing more than I need in case I wind up going to Kentucky. 03.13.2019
- At the airport before 7:00 am, pleasant flight with quick stopovers in San Diego and San Jose before landing in Seattle-Tacoma where my PC was waiting for me, 30 minute drive to Joint Base Lewis-McChord where he is working and staying, he had to return to work and I ventured out to the commissary to get some frozen meals for dinner, work out at the post gym, quiet night in our room. 03.14.2019
- My Prince had to work all day so I entertained myself coloring, blogging, walking to the PX, PC came home for lunch and then picked me up after work to go to Panera for dinner. 03.15.2019
- Quick gym workout, then met Yeny, Lester, Victoria and Gloria, Jedd and Adela for breakfast at iHop; so fun to see them again, Yeny and Gloria…it has been 10 years and 34 years respectively, afterward PC and I drove to the ocean where we walked on the beach and gathered shells, dinner at Mike’s Seafood in Ocean Shores, talked to mom on our drive, she’s still in the hospital. 03.16.2019
- Up 3 times in the night, worrisome dreams, quick stretch at the gym, bite of breakfast at the hotel before heading out for Pike Street Market in Seattle, enjoyed a ride on the giant Ferris wheel, walking through the stores, and a cold beer before driving closer to Mt. Rainier for photos, dinner at Duke’s Seafood and Chowder House (magnificent lobster chowder with sweet potato base), lovely St. Patrick’s day. 03.17.2019
- Happy birthday to my baby girl Lucia who is 3 years old today and to my BFF Sharon who is the best Minnie/grandmother I know. 03.18.2019
- Got up with my Prince for breakfast before he left for work, started throwing up right after I ate, not sure what that’s about, did 3 loads of laundry, left for the airport at noon, on my way home at 3:00, in my very own bed before 11:00 pm, kitties were glad to see me. 03.18.2019
- Not feeling very well again today, so took it easy, nothing sounds good to eat which definitely indicates that I am sick, ha!, cleaned the pool after the crazy 104 mph wind gusts we have had, it was pretty dirty. 03.19.2019
- Girl with a mission today, was at City Hall Office of Planning and Inspections bright and early to demand some help about our pool, met with the inspector who rescinded the ‘pass’ on our pool (thankful he did), but what good is a fail if the city won’t make the contractor do something about our pool. Long story short, he thought the previous inspector had given us the documents we need to sue against the contractor’s bond but of course, he hadn’t, left documents with the BBB in hopes that they will help us, stopped at Dollar Tree to buy a poster to make a sign that read “Silver Springs Pool and Spa BUYERS BEWARE” and protested in front of the pool contractor’s office for an hour. 03.20.2019
- Happy 92nd birthday to my mom; she is still hospitalized so we had Bundtinis delivered to her room there, and Haley, her care giver, brought several of her friends for a quick visit this afternoon. 03.21.2019
- Woke up at 5:00 with texts about my mom, wanted to go back to bed but never did, not even a nap, finished the spring cleaning of our master bedroom – thorough dusting/oiling of furniture, art work, nick-knacks, ceiling fan, washed bedding, replace cold weather comforter with warm weather bedspread, hung lighter drapes, cleaned blinds and windows and baseboards, treated myself to salad and a beer at Wing Daddy’s, off to bed early. 03.21.2019
- Worked all morning on blog reading, then cleaning the house, making potato soup and peanut cookies for PC’s return home, Mom was discharged from the hospital late in the afternoon, we settled back into our Friday night routine with soup for supper and Live PD til bedtime. 03.22.2019
- Baseball Saturday morning and a nice walk around the lake; PC’s team played very well so the game was more fun to watch. 03.23.2019
- Quiet Sunday morning, had talked about going to church but both of us were so tired, fixed a hearty breakfast, then we worked in the yard, cleaned the pool, worked out for an hour at the gym and watched March Madness basketball…Go Vols! 03.24.2019
- Just can’t get with the program this month…my sentences are all written a day or two or three late. Frustrating day with much of it spent on the phone listening to my mom’s doctors on the phone, talking to my brother and sister about my mom’s health, trying to figure out where we go from here. 03.25.2019
- Mom. More issues. PC had an appointment at the pain management clinic to schedule the next procedure on his back but it turns out he is also having liver and kidney function issues, ultrasound on Monday. 03.26.2019
- Somehow accidentally continued my spring cleaning/purging this time in my loft/craft space without even meaning to, enjoyed a morning walk; pool builder with his lawyer in tow brought yet another inspector out to look at our pool #justfixitalready; keto tacos for dinner. 03.27.2019
- Agonizing loss for the Tennessese Vols in the Sweet Sixteen tonight; breakfast with Candace from my last job, quick run to Target, bought pots at a little shop for our rock garden, pizza soup for supper, lots of blog reading. 03.28.2019
- Only got a few hours of sleep after texting and talking to my brother from the ER yet again with our mom; this time she says her legs and arms weren’t working and she slid off the bed and onto the floor, using her pendant to call EMS for help; just worn out physically and emotionally all day, worked in the yard, spent a few minutes doing my paint by sticker book, more basketball, walked up for a Subway sandwich supper. 03.29.2019
- One sleeping pill and 2 melatonin insured I slept better last night, quick work out at the gym before PC’s ball game, it was so windy and cool at the ball park, that I stayed in the car, and fell asleep, late lunch to celebrate the team’s first win, water lantern festival at sundown. 03.30.2019
- Oh, what a glorious night’s sleep, church this morning, brunch at a little cafe, ran a few errands then home to finish a few projects around the house, start the laundry, watch more basketball, and off to bed early. 03.31.2019
March had some great ‘ups’ and some difficult ‘downs’. In April, hoping we get more answers about potential jobs for PC, get some answers about his new health issues, and hope that my mama is able to stabilize some and enjoy spring a little bit.
If you have a Sentence a Day or month in review post to share, won’t you link up with us? The best thing about this series and the bucket list posts is the ways we get to know each other better, and the ways we can inspire others to try new things, new adventures.
It’s early in April, so why don’t you start writing your Sentence a Day right now. And then come back on 05.07.2019 to share your sentences with us. Mark those calendars and then get writing!!
Off to bed. I am trying to unplug by 9:00 pm and read before bed each evening. It is helping me find peace. My word for the year. Wishing you peace this week, too.
Hugs and kisses,