First Thursday of the month means it is time for “Sentence a Day, 03.2018.” Was just telling my sister tonight how much I enjoy these looks at my month past. It’s always fun to see all that has happened, to remember the special moments and to celebrate the little milestones and triumphs. And always glad to have you join me for this and all other posts!!
Sentence a Day, 03.2018
Think I was probably out of town as much as I was home in March At least it felt that way. And as I put this post together, I am out of town again!
Gentle Beginning to the Month
- Wonder if I have ever remembered to write the first sentence of a new month on the first day of the new month, thinking not. 03.01.2018 (written on the a.m. of 03.02.2018)
- Glorious to awaken rested at 9:15 after a great night’s sleep, attended my friend Benita’s mom’s touching funeral, voted in the primaries, sadly disappointed with our lunch at Long John Silver’s, gym, hot tub soak, live PD with many adventures taking place in El Paso. 03.02.2018
- First baseball game of the seaon and my first walk around Ascarate Lake beforehand, taking photos for my 52Frames Week 9 challenge ‘depth of field’, lunch at a quaint burger joint, working on a difficult Rev assignment and time out to soak in the hot tub. 03.03.2018
- Broke out the spring decorations and the iron today; doctor said I have to wear my orthopedic shoe for another week. Boo. 03.04.2018
- Hallelujah, my daughter Lauren is beginning to see some improvement in how she feels with new meds on board; cleaned the downstairs this afternoon, ordered photos of Germany so I can scrap them with my sister when we are in Kentucky visiting our mom. 03.06.2018
- Painting class and birthday shopping for Lucia, organized my scrapbooking to take to Kentucky and published two blog posts…one a little earlier than I meant to…right in the middle of working on it! 03.07.2018
- PC was off to prepare for his trip, so we both threw clothes at the suitcase, then enjoyed a lay rest of the day. 03.08.2018
- Quiet morning at home before leaving for the airport, got some good snuggles from my kittens and my PC, shot ‘sky ‘ photos from the plane window for this week’s 52Frames prompt, arrived in Lexington at 10 p.m. and my baby brudder was waiting for me at the bottom of the escalator in baggage claim. 03.09.2018
- My sister arrived at 11:00 pm, we visited with my brother and mom until we were ready for bed, at which point Valerie discovered she had picked up the wrong suitcase from the baggage carousel, but it was too late to do anything about. My sister needed contact solution but we had no car, so although it was snowing fat, wet flakes, we donned my mom’s winter coats, and walked a mile to Walgreen’s to buy saline and then a mile back in this beautiful snowfall. 03.09.5.2018 (03.09 merited a second, middle-of-the-night post)
- Happy day spent with my mom, brother and sister in Kentucky watching Wildcat and Vol basketball, eating a celebratory dinner out for Mom’s 91st birthday, Bingo and enjoying a beer with my brother’s new girlfriend, LeeAnn. 03.10.2018
- Brunch with Valerie and mom and some of my favorite 90 year-olds at LaFayette, beer at BJs Brewhouse while my sister and I watched the SEC championship basketball game, Kentucky vs Tennessee (the only Vols fans in the house), quick conversation with LeeAnn, the general manager at BJs, scrapbooking and snow watching before bed. 03.11.2018
- Another middle-of-the night sentence…the most beautiful, peaceful snow fell through out the night until morning, and I had to get up to look at the window more than once. 03.11.5.2018
- What a winter wonderland we awoke to, photographed and enjoyed today, plus a trip to the scrapbook store, the mall, Sugarboo, and a delicious lunch at Upbeat in Georgetown, KY., dinner and giggles with mom after happy hour, scrapbooking and Skyping with PC and the girls tonight. 03.12.2018
Home, Sweet Home
- Sad to discover early this morning that I booked my return flight for Wednesday instead of Thursday, one less day with the birthday girl, who opened presents this morning; scrapbooked most of the evening, set up March Madness bracket, Skyped with the girls and my Prince. 03.13.2018
- Morning came so early, two quick flights and I was home, lunch with my kitties and then we all took a nap together, cleaned up the garage once the shelving was installed, step 1 toward spring cleaning; nice to be home but kind of lonely without my PC. 03.14.2018
- Quiet morning, completed a transcription for Rev.com, caught up on laundry, jogged – yes, jogged – on the treadmill, watched the news on the bridge collapse in Miami then learned that one of my favorite former students (whose mother worked with me and was so dear) was arrested for murder yesterday, the murder of another former student; such a tragedy, hard to unwind in order to fall asleep. 03.15.2018
- Apparently, it is good for your mind and spirit to do something that scares you everyday (read my first post in a new series on this subject)…not sure my heart could bear that but today I drove to Albuquerque with my kittens and that scared me to death but was totally worth it to see Lauren and Francisco and the most adorable 2 year-old in the world. 03.17.2018
- Happy birthday, Lucia and my BFF Sharon…celebrated Lucia’s day with a mini-party and unicorn decor, cake, presents, play time, Panda Express for dinner and story time before bed…my new nickname is Mama Dos! 03.18.2018
- Another sweet day with my Albuquerque girls going to the gym, our favorite store Target, pulling weeds and playing in the tub, making spaghetti dinner, reading books and snuggling in bed. 03.19.2018
- Bittersweet day knowing I will be leaving for home tomorrow; trip up the tramway on the Sandia mountains, soup and homemade bread for supper, played kitchen and babies with Lucia, gave her a bath and read bedtime stories then snuggled with my baby girl Lauren on the couch. 03.20.2018
Home, Sweet Home, Take 2
- Happy birthday to my mama … 91 years and still feisty; packed up and took off from Albuquerque by 10:00 am, only cried a little bit then wrestled with Purrsnickitty as she cried the entire 250+ miles to El Paso, discovered a defrosted freezer awaiting my attention when I pulled into the garage, enjoyed a walk in 84* sunshine. 03.21.2018
- Such a tired Gabba/Mimi…almost too tired to fall asleep and then almost too tired to wake up but I did, straightened garage, caught up on laundry (I write that a lot), answered about a dozen phone calls, brushed pool, walked 2 miles to and 2 miles home from the gym and our neighborhood Walmart then made a scrumptious Weight Watcher dinner for lil ole me. 03.22.2018
- Meant to go to painting class but it didn’t happen, organized the new garage shelves – oh, my sore arms from lifting those plastic tubs – gym, picked up groceries ordered through Walmart’s grocery service (read my review here), What’sApp visits with my Prince, Live PD over wine and popcorn. 03.23.2018
Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone
- Out of my comfort zone Saturday with the Women’s March for Our Lives downtown, shooting photos in black and white for this week’s 52Frames photo challenge and supper out by myself. 03.24.2018
- Pushing myself again today to try something slightly uncomfortable by going to see a movie alone, lots of ironing before and after WW crock pot dinner, doing so much better working out and eating well. 03.25.2018
- MY FOOT HURTS! 03.25.5.2018
- Not sure why my foot is hurting again, so called the doctor and will see him again on Friday…in the meantime, continued tracking my WW points, hit the gym, started spring cleaning with the upstairs guest room, ironed and watch “The Handmaid’s Tale” via Hulu via Roku, thank you, Lauren. 03.26.2018
- Love these days of accomplishment…helps so much to begin my day with quiet, devotional time and to get my thoughts together for the day; cleaned linen closet and started upstairs guest bathroom, attended the Femme Frontera Filmmaker Showcase at UTEP. 03.27.2018
- Hectic day crossing to-dos off my list with painting class, quick stop at Target, haircut and color, gym, and home for a WW Asian-inspired chicken and mushroom soup. 03.28.2018
- As I scroll down to the bottom of this page to add a sentence for this day, I realize March has been one long month; discovered shingles in the yard this morning and a bare to the boards spot on my roof, ugh, someone coming to have a look tomorrow before I leave on Saturday, made a little $ on Rev.com and UserTesting, avoided doing our taxes again, running out of tomorrows. 03.29.2018
- Busy day winding things up before my trip…packing, ironing, picking up items for Cady’s bottle buddy school project, scrapbook stuff to work on with my sister, then had a mani and pedi and turned in early. 03.30.2018
Taking to the Friendly Skies
- Snuggled my kitties good before heading to the airport, quick hop to Houston, enjoyed a rousing game of Jenga followed by a delicious beef tenderloin dinner with Valerie, Roby and Trey, wound up the night with Cards Against Humanity, a game not for the feint of heart. 03.31.2018
Into this first week of the new month, and I am still out of town. Will be home in four days and then hope to stay put for a bit. Have spring cleaning to finish before my PC returns to the castle from his six weeks of work in Germany. Can’t wait to have him home!
How would you summarize your March? On a scale of 1-10, what number did it rate? All in all, I would have to say my month was probably a solid 8. Except PC had a big piece of my heart with him across the ocean.
If you have a “Sentence a Day, 03.2018” post to share, won’t you link-up with us below? And if not, you can always share a summary of your month in a comment below.
Hope you are off to a beautiful April! Thank you for being a part of mine.
Hugs and kisses,