Welcome pals to Sentence a Day 02.2022 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. At the end of last year, I got off track on my SaD posts. But I am back on track for 2022. If you missed January’s post, find it, here. And today I am bringing you my sentences for February, as long-winded as always. Each month I tell myself to try to do just a couple of words for each day. But I wind up writing a novela instead. Please accept my apologies.
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up with us below.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 02.2022
I know February is the shortest month but it absolutely flew by!! Cannot believe we are welcoming March. But very glad to be!!
- Worn slick after a full day of subbing 3C…what a bunch of talkative wiggle tails!!; picked up a Walmart order on the way home, got gas – $60 to fill my tank; PC had eaten a late lunch so made myself a salad and we had a bowl of ice cream; watched the weather with baited breath – come on, S*N*O*W!! (I love getting dressed up for school!! And I love paydays!!) 02.01.2022
- Over the mountain for another hectic day of subbing – this time for Lucia’s kinder again; used a stuffed animal to pass out papers to the kids and to get their attention; got word late in the afternoon that school is canceled for tomorrow, PTL; got home, changed clothes and ran to Chipotle for dinner before heading downtown to the Plaza for the Broadway production of “Fiddler on the Roof” – so good, clever set, great singing and dancing, thought of my parents, especially my dad and some difficult memories; beautiful fluffy snowflakes were falling on our walk back to the car and drive back home; how I love the snow. 02.02.2022
- I wrote last night about longing for a quiet day to reset and I got it!!; awoke to a winter wonderland frosted by 2-3 inches of snow; PC had a delayed start time for work so we were less rushed this morning and could enjoy the beautiful landscape of our own backyard; cleaned up downstairs; did laundry and got it put away; ironed; put away winter decorations; made potato soup; had my brows threaded and hair cut – practically a scalping; received a message from Paul’s mom that his son quit his job today; hope to enjoy some hobbies tomorrow. 02.03.202
- Valerie was off for a snow day so we planned to scrapbook together; we are scrapbooking the same photos from our family vacation to South Padre Island last summer; had fun laying out our pages; made an appointment for Mom to be seen by a urologist, have decided not to try to bring Mom here for the time being as she is really weak; Val and I will go to visit her in March instead; homemade pizza for dinner. 02.04.2022
- Difficult day for both of my girls; Lauren’s ablation access site is infected and she is hurting, Francisco had surgery for 16 hours at the hospital; after a morning walk we picked up Lucia and took her to lunch, to get some new dresses, to Dollar Tree; Cami stayed home to potty train; we snuggled her when we dropped Cia off and Cami just cried when we left; so thankful for Paul’s patience; soup and homemade pizza for dinner; virtual reality workout. 02.05.2022
- Had to be across the mountain before 7:00 am to take Lauren to the emergency room about her abscess at the cardiac ablation access site from her procedure in January; once Francisco was out of surgery at his hospital, he came to the ER and I went to take care of the girls; PC joined me and we took the girls to eat lunch at Jason’s Deli and then the park afterward – they were so good; Lauren got home mid-afternoon, we dropped off the girls and did our Sunday tour about the outlet mall; home to do a virtual reality workout; leftovers for dinner; blog reading tonight. 02.06.2022
No Place Like Home
- Oh, how glorious to be home all day; set my timer on my phone so I would get things done with a little play time mixed in; laundry, changed sheets, cleaned bathrooms; wrote a winter bucket list blog post; emailed lawyer about our pool mediation only to learn the pool builder has sold the business…now what?; worked on scrapbook page; took a walk; ran 1.3 miles; hot dogs, potato and macaroni salad and baked beans for dinner. 02.07.2022
- Happy birthday, Kevin!! Delightful morning spent writing, blogging, reading, thinking – yes, me, thinking!!; ironed, put together grocery list, then headed for Target where I found kitty food – hurray; cardiologist – my heart is healthy, yay!!; commissary for groceries; sammies for supper; PC had to check lights out at the Doña Ana facility; I ran 1.0 miles, wrote blog post about soup. 02.08.2022
Working Hard for the Money
- Back to Lundy to sub today but not before I did my quiet time – yay, me; the kids were pretty good but it is exhausting, glad to be with my Lucia, though; and the kids seemed happy to see me; took a polar bear puppet that got their attention; stopped by Lauren’s to walk Pumpkin for her as she is still having trouble with the abscessed access sites in her groin from the ablation; fixed HelloFresh for dinner. 02.09.2022
- Another day of subbing; hard to get going this morning; kids were pretty good again, took a rabbit puppet today; made valentines; poor little girl threw up just as the bell rang; stopped by Lauren’s to walk Pumpkin; hugs from Cami and Lucia and Lauren; Declan is growing like a weed and so cute – Facetimed with him a minute; Mom was very confused today and talked about taking a nap with some neighbor boys from our childhood; PC cooked – Taco Bell for dinner; blog writing before bed. 02.10.2022
Weeee, It’s the Weekend
- Friday or Fri-yay…we woke up waaaay too early for my liking, called Mom, dressed to go do a drop-in visit for Lucas and Wizard through Rover.com and PC went with me; got the oil changed in both our vehicles; Lauren was finally seen by a vascular surgeon who opened her abscesses and drained them; I was freezing so got under the covers and took a nap; late afternoon movie – “Licorice Pizza” – very bizarre and too much popcorn; grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner; TV before bed. 02.11.2022
- Slept in a bit; called Mom; ran 1.2 miles; over to pick up Cia and Cami to spend the day with us; ate lunch, played, made cookies, went to the park with Cia while Cami napped, played in the hot tub for over an hour, met Lauren and Francisco for dinner at Casita Linda’s but it was not nearly as good as normal, service was slow, never received our dessert; home for Olympics and relaxation; the girls were very good – they both make me laugh, and PC was very patient. 02.12.2022
Dragging Butt Again
- Oy vey, we are feeling bad again…not terrible but not well; didn’t make it for church, dragged our behinds to Taco Tote for our usual Sunday lunch and a quick trip around the outlet mall; picked up the flare jeans I ordered; home and just vegged until Super Bowl time; charcuterie board in the 2nd quarter; hard loss for the Bengals; a little Olympic ice skating before bed. 02.13.2022
- Spent much of my morning doing my quiet time activities; did laundry; made PC’s favorite cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole for dinner; he brought home roses and a sweet card. 02.14.2022
- Used the timer on my phone to stay on track today; cleaned the upstairs; did my quiet time; started ironing; cleaned litter boxes; Bible journaled; HelloFresh meatball soup for supper. 02.15.2022
- PC was home today so he could be here when the new owner of the pool company that built our pool and the old pool owner’s lawyer came out to inspect this mess, they spent over an hour looking at everything and talking between themselves; did our virtual reality workouts, sit ups, weight training, took a walk, ran on the treadmill just a mile, Hamburger Helper soup for supper. 02.16.2022
- Oh dear, have neglected to write my sentences…now to try to catch up…today was a nice day at home, met with my doctor to talk about getting refills for my OCD meds; cleaning the downstairs, finishing all the ironing, coloring in my journaling Bible, listening to my book and walking around the neighborhood in the semi-sunshine; tried to ask Mom questions that might help her feel more confident speaking to people in the dining room but when I asked her where she lives she replied in the cemetery, and then said she was dead. 02.17.2022
- Spent most of the day trying to help Mom; her oxygen level dipped into the 80s and the nurse became concerned, called Kevin and said they wanted to do a test for another UTI and a chest x-ray, neither of which happened today; Mom has been talking about long dead family members, confusing people, confusing us with people who have passed; on a happier note, Valerie put an add on the Nextdoor.com bulletin board for Mom’s neighborhood looking for a companion for her, and we found someone who sounds perfect; walked Lucas, PC’s tummy is upset so we had sammies for supper; I am exhausted. 02.18.2022
- Called mom first thing to remind her that she would be meeting Jeri, her new ‘friend’ today; ran 1.2 miles on the treadmill while PC did virtual reality; showered and headed downtown to visit a new to me boutique, Hippie Girl; bought a healing smudge stick for Paul; enjoyed a delicious breakfast at Grove – sweet potato pancakes!!; walked the outlet mall, voted for governor; scrapbooked with my sister; made meatloaf for dinner; blog writing and Olympic watching after dinner. 02.19.2022
Back to Church – Hallelujah
- Finally, up in time for church…but maybe only because we went to a later service??; great message about moving the mountains in our lives; lunch at The Melting Pot, a bucket list activity, which was different but not delicious; walked around Fountains at Farrah; home to scrap with my sister, talked to Mom, fish sticks for dinner; enjoyed “1883” before going to bed. 02.20.2022
- Slow morning of blog reading; over the mountain to pick up our lunch dates…Cia and Cami; had fun with them at Peter Piper Pizza; Cami went potty in the bathroom – she is about potty trained; terrible winds in the afternoon almost completely obscured the view of Mexico to the south and the mountains to the west; scrapped with my sister; pork chops for dinner; “The Bachelor” before bed. 02.21.2022
My Poor Mom
- Awakened by a phone call at 2:00 am saying Mom had fallen and possibly broken her leg; she was on the way to the ER; Kevin was supposed to fly to Oregon at 7:00 am, I was able to catch him before he left for the airport and he canceled his flight and headed to the hospital; Mom was diagnosed with pneumonia and admitted, her leg was fine; then it was determined she didn’t have pneumonia and was released???; crazy; scrapbooked with Valerie for a bit; picked up Walmart order; I was exhausted by bedtime. 02.22.2022
Mom and Daughter Day
- Finished laundry in the morning, did blog writing; headed across the mountain to have lunch with Lauren and shop at the outlet mall; we had a good visit and bought the girls presents for Lucia’s birthday; walked Pumpkin, picked up Lucia after school; Cami got home before I left so I got good loves from her; Paul cooked = Panda Express for dinner; terribly windy tonight. 02.23.2022
- Up early to do quiet time for the first time in days; over the mountain to sub at Lundy for KB; Lauren had a hard morning getting the girls ready for school and was in tears; this class was very well behaved – had a nonverbal child who spoke to me and a little girl who speaks only French who spoke to me in French and English!!; home to make taco bowls and collapse. 02.24.2022
- Very nice day…slept until after 7 am, PC was off from work and I was home; quiet time; I had a nice conversation with Mom, she even seemed to know who I was today; we worked out; then showered and went to see “Cyrano;” walked Lucas- the key to their house had mysteriously come off my keychain and just as I was about to panic, I found the key beside the passenger’s seat in the car; ate pizza and soaked int he hot tub with a bottle of wine; watched the worrisome news out of Ukraine. 02.25.2022
- One of those really good days…exercised at home then walked up McKelligon Canyon – always enjoyable; lunch at Brown Bag Deli; cat nap; met the kids at the entrance to Ft. Bliss and took them to the post bowling alley; bowled, danced, ate and had lots of fun; celebrated PC with early birthday cake; home to watch TV and collapse in bed. 02.26.2022
- Really wanted to go to church but just couldn’t get ready; did our usual Sunday lunch at Taco Tote and walk about the outlet mall; Paul went for a stretch then the first baseball practice of the season; I scrapped with my sister, then straightened my craft space; warmed up soup for supper; watched the last episode of season 1 of “1883” while blinking back tears; can’t get back into blog writing and reading; book club selected our read for March, I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys. 02.27.2022
A Star is Born
- Happy birthday, my Prince Charming/Paul Clingan. Soooooo glad you were born. And then found me!! Up early for quiet time and a little weightlifting; over the mountain to help with the girls then to take Cia to school where I was also subbing; Lauren fixed the girls’ hair with Panamanian tembleques for Dr. Seuss cultural head dress day; my class was very good gave them all Seuss puzzles,; took Cia home with me but not before picking up Cam who made a poo-poo in the potty at school – big girl!!; dinner at Applebee’s thanks to a gift guard from Matt for his dad, “The Bachelor” before bedtime.
And to wind things up for February, figured out the new 1 Second Everyday app format and here’s my video review for the month.
10 on the 10th
Hope you will consider joining my friend Marsha from Marsha in the Middle and me for this month’s 10 on the 10th post. Here are the questions we will be responding to. And be sure to grab the graphic, as well.
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 02.2022? Catch me up with life in your corner of the world. And if you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
March is going to be a whirlwind for my family. My little ones here in El Paso are on intersession so out of school for 2 weeks. Brennyn is coming for a visit mid-month and we will be celebrating Lucia’s birthday. And then a few days later I am going to Kentucky for Mom’s 95th birthday. Brennyn returns to work the end of the month and is already dreading having to take Declan to daycare. PC’s 9-month-long baseball season begins in less than 2 weeks. I need to get after the spring cleaning and get serious about my wellness goals. Reaching for my vitamins right now.
Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs and kisses,