Welcome chums to Sentence a Day 01.2022 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. It has been a few months since my last Sentence a Day post. I had my sentences all written for November but LIFE happened and I didn’t get them published. Then in December, LIFE was a whirlwind of time out of town, health concerns for my daughter and her newborn son. And always worries with my mom.
Here I am with January’s post. I always think to myself that I am just going try to do a quick couple of words for each day. But I wind up writing a novela instead. I often refer back to these posts to see when I did what. When we last ate spaghetti. Or when I finished my craft project. Please accept my apologies for my long windedness.
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up with us below.
SENTENCE A DAY 01.2022
In this month’s post, you will find a number of links. Links to recipes, clothes I purchased during the month, even books I am reading. The links are always italicized to make them easier to identify. Always appreciate any clicks on the links or any purchases you might make using one of my links. Thank you!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
- Restless night, feeling too hot, then too cold and not knowing where I was when I woke up after having been in Ft. Worth for 2 weeks; slow start to the morning, PC gave me gift cards for Christmas so we braved the 40 mph winds and occasional rain to walk around the outlet mall, eat Taco Tote and see the movie “American Underdog” – very good, managed to get Fluff in for the cold night, book club began reading The Authenticity Project by Clare Pooley – I know I am going to like this book!! 01.01.2022
- Slept better to the point of oversleeping for church, our 26* temps kept us in bed late in hopes of staying warm; fed the kitties, showered, threw together a pot of maple bourbon chili in the crockpot then Facetimed with my sister and scrapbooked while we caught up on each other’s holidays; called Mom but she was terribly vague and confused, ate chili and watched football. 01.02.2022
- Happily traveled over the mountain to play with my babies, we played Barbies and danced, had McDonald’s for lunch, Cia and I took Pumpkin to the park, I was there most of the day; on my way home stopped at Walmart to get a few groceries until I can get to the commissary, feeling very frazzled, both girls are sick tonight and won’t be going to school tomorrow…now will I get sick? 01.03.2022
- Finished up laundry, enjoyed quiet time for the first day of the new year, attended a psychiatric appointment for my mom via telephone, so sad to think of all that is missing from what her life used to include; hurried over for a meet and greet with my first Rover.com client; across the mountain to relieve Lauren for a few hours by playing with the sick babies so she could work, got their lunch together, tucked them in for naps, back home to vacuum, mop, dust downstairs and clean the kitchen, our Oculus virtual reality devices came today so we played with them until bedtime, very curious, very pretty alternative world, Brennyn’s doctor has extended her time off from work, says she is healing but needs to allow more time to do so. 01.04.2022
- Up early and over the mountain before 7 am, both girls were headed back to school, Cia and I played “Babies” in the car and she very reluctantly climbed out when we arrived at school, Cami accidentally toppled over her cereal bowl which sent milk and fruit loops all over the kitchen that Pumpkin scrambled to clean up, dropped her off at daycare, tried to call Mom but her phone was off the hook so had to get someone to go down and replace it, had a good conversation with her after lunch but she had no idea who I was, took a short walk in the sun, ironed, made a big salad and grilled chicken for dinner, played with our virtual reality devices and finally did a short weight workout, Declan has gained more than a half-pound in 10 days. 01.05.2022
- Another chilly morning but with the promise of a mild afternoon, ironed most of the morning, spoke with Mom and my brother Kevin on the Viewclix, when I asked Mom who I was she said I was her mother, WAAAAA!; PC came home for lunch and brought very pricey Cain’s chicken which we ate for dinner, too; quiet night writing a blog post and watching “Joe Millionaire” with one eye. 01.06.2022
- Discovered a late night message from Lauren first thing this morning asking if I was coming to help, but assuring me she would be okay if I didn’t but I wanted to see my girls after a day away; played “Babies” with Lucia on the way to school; sang with Cami on the way to daycare; ran into Hobby Lobby for card-making supplies, picked up birthday cupcakes and balloons, ate a homemade salad for late lunch; did my first drop-in visit through Rover.com for a French bulldog and a very chubby kitty; met the kids at the theater for Cami Jean’s birthday celebration; watched her and Lucia dance and sing the whole time through the movie and afterward. 01.07.2022
- Happy birthday, my spicy, peppery Camila Jean!! I love you so. Why is it we can barely drag ourselves out of bed on the weekdays but sit up wide awake so early on the weekends? Decided to head out for breakfast at La Madeleine then a walk around the Fountains at Farrah and a stop in Versona so I could use my gift card, found the cutest jacket, a great top and layered necklace and Versona_FountainsatFarrah is following me on Instagram; scrapbooked with Valerie and had a very difficult phone call with Mom; did my drop-in for my Rover.com client; made and ate Sloppy Joe soup; tried Supernatural on our Oculus; soaked in the hot tub with a glass of sweet Sherry from Shattuck Vineyards; blog reading before bed. 01.08.2022
- Across the mountain for church; pastor spoke about strengthening our faith; 2x2x2 breakfast at iHop; sashayed around the outlet mall; felt bone tired before we got back home and wanted to nap but Cady called asking if we could play Barbies so we did then Brennyn called so I could Facetime with Declan; did my drop-in visit for Rover.com; leftover soup for supper; blog writing before bed. 01.09.2022
- Loved this morning, quiet time, journaling, get my thoughts in order before starting my day; PC stayed home from work with tummy troubles so we had a pleasant day at home, weight training, worked out on our gym equipment, I did blog reading and writing; Declan smiled the most precious smile today; drop-in visit for Lucas and Wizard; watched “The Bachelor” for the first time in over a year. 01.10.2022
- Was looking forward to a quiet day at home and had just settled into doing my devotion when I got a message from Lucia’s teacher asking if I would sub for her today; jumped into my school teacher clothes and headed over the mountain to sub for KC; it was such fun being with Cia but my feet are killing me tonight!!; the teacher may have Covid so they wanted me to commit to subbing for 10 days but I am too old; maybe one day now and then – that’s it; walked Lucas and loved on Wizard my pet sitting charges; picked up Panda Express and crashed on the couch after dinner. 01.11.2022
- Quiet time in the morning; journaling, worked a bit on my cards; made my grocery list then took 3 hours shopping very slowly to be sure to get everything on my list and for my recipes; my feet were killing me when I got home and got everything put away; PC helped me unpack everything and then we ate Taco Bell chicken tacos; need to get back to cooking more now that we have a full freezer and pantry. 01.12.2022
- Received a call early reminding me of a cardiologist appointment next week for the results of my Holter monitor study but I had never had the monitor put on so had to run to the cardiologist to have it applied/adhered; snapped pictures of my car for an upcoming post; Lucia’s teacher will be out all next week and they’ve asked me to sub; cleaned the upstairs for the first time in weeks, set up the ironing board in the upstairs guest bedroom so I can keep it up, chicken lasagna for dinner, did an Oculus workout then worked on a blog post til bedtime. 01.13.2022
- PC had this Friday off so we made much needed massage appointments and it was very good; ran 1.3 miles on the treadmill, did an Oculus workout, then went to the movies to see “Spiderman” – just not my cup of tea, home for grilled cheese sandwiches, blog reading and watching “Afterlife” on Netflix. 01.14.2022
- Busy Saturday preparing for the kids to come for dinner; picked up around the house, fixed ribs in the Instapot then grilled them, made this hashbrown casserole to rave reviews, small cheesecake for dessert; showed Lauren and Francisco our Oculus; soaked in the hot tub with the babies and Pumpkin threatening to jump in any minute; helped give baths before the kids went home. 01.15.2022
- The kids wore us out; I didn’t wake up til 8:30 so we missed church; ate an early lunch at Taco Tote then walked the outlet mall where I bought some really good running shoes; home to work on a Valentine’s craft with Valerie; leftovers for dinner; lots of football; played Barbies with Cady on Facetime; off to bed early. 01.16.2022
- Happy birthday, MLK, Jr. “I have decided to stick with love; hate is too great a burden to bear.” Frustrated all day and a real grump as I just see more and more I need to do and less and less time to do it in; walked up McKelligon Canyon with PC, good walk and talk; Brown Bag deli sammies for lunch; home to craft with Valerie; laundry galore; phone calls galore; finally got my New Year’s cards addressed to mail tomorrow; gathered lesson plan things for subbing; shrimp tacos a la HelloFresh, ran 1.3 miles; 20 minutes of virtual reality; my Holter monitor fell off. 01.17.2022
- Up early for quiet time, a bit of exercise and an attempt at getting my ducks in a row; arrived at school for my first of 4 days of subbing for Lucia’s; the classroom is so disorganized and the kids are struggling to get a lot of what I am doing with them – dittos, dittos, dittos but no hands-on learning, nothing exciting, no centers; the kids’ eyes are glazed by the second worksheet; stopped by the cardiologist’s to have the monitor reapplied; saw the brightest rainbow I have ever seen; PC cooked = Taco Bell; blog reading before bed. 01.18.2022
- Back to kinder again today, Lundy has moved from 10th place to 7th place on the top 10 list of schools with the most cases of Covid in the district; masks will be required starting next Tuesday – again; the kids were better today than yesterday and I felt like we actually got somewhere!!; took Lucia home; mailed new year’s cards; Texas cowboy stew for dinner; a little virtual reality and blog writing. 01.19.2022
- Toughest day of all at school; had to pick up Lucia so Francisco could go with Lauren for her second heart ablation; the kids were very wiggly and talkative and Lucia was worried about her mama as was I; finally got the message that she was in recovery mid-afternoon and the procedure was a success; they had to freeze her heart in 2 places; praying things are fixed for good; leftover stew for dinner; Declan is 1 month old; fell into bed. 01.20.2022
- Oh, girls, TGIF. You can say that again. TGIF. Last day of subbing; PC stayed home again today with congestion, sore throat, fever; I dragged butt to school, was loaded down with supplies for our crafts and fell flat on the sidewalk when my boot caught on a crack; painful way to start the day; the kids were excited about our mittens, several exclaimed this was the best day ever at school; went from school to dog walking for Lucas and Wizard; took Covid home test – negative; quick dinner at Casita Linda’s then blog reading and watching “1883” tonight. 01.21.2022
- Awoke from distressful dreams of moving to Germany – not sure what that’s about (according to Dream-Meaning if the dream is about moving away to a different country…it represents your mind unwilling to deal with your current life situation. Your mind is telling you that everything might be OK if you can start over.); we both felt pretty ‘punk’ as my father used to say; ran to Walmart for a few groceries and some sinus meds; worked on my Valentine craft project with Valerie; watched football; made a HelloFresh hamburger meal; blog reading all night. 01.22.2022
- Awoke to PC mid coughing fit; we laid about in bed, both coughing until I got up to make a zucchini bread; we ate breakfast then PC headed to the urgent care clinic but was home again shortly after discovering they weren’t accepting walk-in patients; Brennyn suggested we try to find a doctor online and lo and behold Tricare insurance does have one; we both called in; a trip to Walgreen’s and 4 prescriptions later, we were back at home feeling a little better; worked on my truck collage with Valerie; talked to Mom; made Parmesan chicken soup; watched the crazy-exciting Buffalo Bills-Kansas City Chiefs game; only 8:30 pm but I am ready for bed. 01.23.2022
- Awoke again at 6 am to PC coughing, he showered and then I rubbed Vicks on his chest and feet which allowed him to stop coughing long enough to fall asleep; I fell back to sleep until 10 am; he slept until 11 am; zucchini bread for breakfast; Declan had a urologist appointment about his circumcision and weighed 8.9 pounds!; I started laundry but did little more than that all day; a couple of walks; watched “The Bachelor” for the second time; early to bed. 01.24.2022
- Finally, PC had a quiet night…and so did I; called Mom after my quiet time and once we were up but she was so confused and didn’t recognize me at all; her therapies have all finished – she has supposedly met all the goals set for her, so now she is sitting hour after hour alone in her apartment; looking at bringing her here for a visit; my Prince C. and I took a nice walk in the sun, but I started feeling worse; wound up taking a nap; received a sweet Valentine package from my BFF Sharon; made a new pot of soup, ironed, did some blog reading; Paul had a Covid test at Walgreen’s, now we wait for the results. 01.25.2022
- Paul worked from home today while I piddled around the house, cleaning the kitchen, finishing laundry…but is one ever really finished with laundry?; spent much of my day blog writing and reading; returned Holter monitor to the cardiologist when it fell off yet again in the shower – ain’t nobody got time; great convo with Mom on the Viewclix and she recognized me!!; took a walk in the sunshine; soup for supper, still feeling less than 100%. 01.26.2022
- Forgot to write my sentence and now this day is gone…hmm, my book club is voting on our February read; I ironed; talked to Mom; we ordered pizza and watched the ridiculous “Joe Millionaire” TV show; PC’s Covid test was negative!! 01.27.2022
- Payday and Mom sent the 3 of us a surprise monetary gift so I shared a little with my girls, their hubbies, and hope to treat a couple more people to a surprise; had my drive-thru Covid test; walked around Veteran’s Park; picked up a book from the library (masked); ironed; walked Lucas and visited with Wizard my Rover clients; PC picked up Panda Express; played virtual reality golf – makes me so nervous!! 01.28.2022
- Saturday…still dragging; got out of the house long enough to pick up these sweaters at Loft and to grab lunch at Jason’s Deli; scrapbooked with my sister; we played mini-golf on the Oculus; ran on the treadmill, 1.2 miles; charcuterie board for dinner and a round of Upwords before bed. 01.29.2022
- Overslept for church; called Mom for a good visit before we headed for our Sunday trip to the outlet mall; PC bought shirts at Lucky but I resisted buying anything; Taco Tote for lunch; home to watch the Bengals big win; scrapbooked with Valerie; watched the 49ers-Rams game; ran on the treadmill 1.1 miles; blog writing; organized my thoughts for the week. 01.30.2022
- Up early for quiet time; started laundry; put Scottish pie in the crockpot; over the mountain to sub for Lucia’s teacher; talked about Groundhog Day and made crafts, read books; had a few minutes to work on a blog post; took Cia home – she was so snuggly; loved on Lauren, who gave me 2 pairs of new shoes, and Pumpkin the pup; home to finish dinner and work on blog posts for the week. 01.31.2022
And that’s a wrap!!
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 01.2022? Catch me up with life in your corner of the world. And if you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi!
Before you go, please make plans to join my friend Marsha and me for 10 on the 10th. These month’s theme is LOVE. Here are the questions we are posing for your consideration.
And here is the graphic, if you’d like to use it on your post. If you don’t blog, you can still join the fun by sharing your answers in a comment on that day or in an Instagram post using #10onthe10th.
Subbing today for 3rd grade. Doing the *S*N*O*W* dance in a big way starting tomorrow. Hoping for an accumulation that will have schools canceled the rest of the week.
Stay warm, friends.
Hugs and kisses,