Welcome to Sentence a Day 01.2021 – my January in one run-on sentence a day. I like these posts for keeping track of what happened in my life and when. Even down to when we last ate pork chops. Don’t want to fix pork chops again too soon.
Thankful to RebeccaJo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series and for continuing Sentence a Day into the new year. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. RebeccaJo never fails to make me laugh!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support
Sentence a Day 01.2021
And we’re off…
Happy New Year
- Hello, 2021…where have you been? We’ve been waiting for you for months!! And months!! Even though we didn’t stay up until midnight on New Year’s Eve, we still slept late and lounged in bed until 11:00 am working a blog post, cereal for breakfast, then scrapbooked and worked on my lastest painting with Valerie on Facetime; took a walk and bounced our ball between us, taco stone soup for supper, made Danielle’s hot spiced cider to sip while we play Yahtzee, read blogs and watched “Schitt’s Landing” before bed. 01.01.2021
- Loved this day…up early with a beautiful bit of sun peeping in through our blinds, after feeding the kitties, went straight to working on my painting in my loft while texting my sister who was doing the same thing 799 miles away, spent an hour or more blog reading and emailing, then breakfast which was more at lunch time than at breakfast time; showered, dressed in the GYPO OOTD and off to the mall to get in some steps, people everywhere…worrisome at how many people were out…but so were we; dinner at Red Lobster, home to blog read, chat with my sister and Lauren and Brennyn while watching the Maker Beehive video for my latest painting project. 01.02.2021
- PC has gone up to bed and I am right behind him, can hear the Amazon Dot I gifted him for Christmas and he programmed tonight serenading him with Blue Oyster Cult, now Queen; another lazy early morning, then breakfast, PC cleaned the pool filters and I trimmed bushes in the backyard, walked up McKelligon Road, started laundry, worked on my collage painting with Valerie, Ranch pork chops in the crock pot for dinner, Mom sounds so lonely. 01.03.2021
Home Sweet Home
- Love these days at home…up early for quiet time before the sun, got PC off to work, started on my decluttering assignment for the week – kitchen counters and under the sink; finished laundry, purged all of my clothes which freed up lots of hangers, took a walk in the desert, created another little dress for my collage painting, bun-less hamburgers for dinner, “The Bachelor” on TV tonight. 01.04.2021
- Not sure where this day went, QT, ordered a few groceries for my mom to be delivered by Walmart, cleaned the refrigerator good, took a walk in the desert listening to the Nora Roberts book that my mom is listening to (I hope), took some pictures for the photo challenges I am doing, Olive Garden gnocchi soup for dinner, felt bad afterward so laid on the couch dozing til bedtime. 01.05.2021
- Didn’t get up like a good girl for quiet time so was behind from the get go, wrote my Currently 01.2021 blog post, organized my planner but made a colossal mess of it, made a grocery list, got started ironing when the news began reporting about the demonstrations around and in the Capitol building, I realized the time had gotten away from me, showered and dressed and headed to the commissary feeling so jittery with the news, PC and I worked out when he got home from work, frozen pizza for dinner, oh, this crazy world. 01.06.2021
- Happy heavenly birthday to my FIL, Wally Clingan. Nice day…started out right with QT, made enchiladas for dinner early so I could just pop them in the oven when my Prince got home, finished a blog post, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned the kitchen, ironed a little, took a walk in the desert, listened to the book my mom is listening to…WOW; took a walk and played basketball at the park, enchiladas for dinner. 01.07.2021
- Happy heavenly birthday, Andrew Roberts Price. And happy first birthday, Camila Jean!! Was downright naughty this morning, turning off the alarm and staying in bed rather than doing my devotional, but I did say my prayers – from under the covers; so my day was upside down since I didn’t start it right, tried to make bread in my new machine using our family yeast starter but it didn’t turn out, will try again, did a little blog writing, blog reading, pinning, ironing, walking, cleaning, ran to Walmart for yeast and Dollar Tree for balloons for Cami’s birthday, wrapped her gifts, PC was home early so we did a good workout, used our rowing machine/elliptical machine, leftovers for dinner, over the mountain to drop off presents for Cami but got to see her and Cia for a few minutes, how I miss holding them. 01.08.2021
- Lazy morning in bed with the kitties, run to Walmart after breakfast for smoothie ingredients, made 21 baggies of smoothie fruit and veggies to freeze, walked up McKelligon, instead of showering and going back across the mountain for Olive Garden, we decided to stay in the ‘hood and ate at Casita Linda’s, mole’ – so good, home for blog writing and reading, Mom got her first Covid vaccine. 01.09.2021
- PC didn’t sleep well = I didn’t sleep well; up for the day at 5 am, wrote a World Through My Lens blog post, after breakfast put together ingredients for bread in my bread machine (bread machines everywhere were sold out for months – thanks to Covid everyone became a baker), fixed meatballs for Italian wedding soup, PC fixed our dryer belt (he can fix anything even broken ❤️hearts❤️), I worked on my laundry day collage while Facetiming with my sister, stopped to take a walk with my Prince and we came across 6 more pairs of panties each suspended from a ‘no trespassing’ sign, CSI kind of stuff, did a walking workout and a few minutes on the elliptical, talked to Mom, then Lauren called her, dinner and football before bed. 01.10.2021
A Message from God
- QT where God worked through Purrsimmony’s paws to send me a message, then guess who went over the mountain…oh, yeah, it’s me, oh, yeah…over the mountain to help with my babes, and oh, the hugs I got, and “I love you”s, pig heaven; got my babies dressed and helped with breakfast, took them to school and played ‘babies’ in the car – a game where Lucia gives me a scenario and we act it out; ran into Hobby Lobby for a few embellishments for my collage, lunch, blog reading, blog writing, nice walk to get my StepBet steps, HelloFresh for dinner, more blogging after, my darling Brennyn sent me $200 to help get a new phone, Mom sounded good today. 01.11.2021
- It is cold tonight, I can feel the cool air swirling about in the den now that the fireplace is out and it’s time for bed, sirens are wailing in the distance, too, feels eerie; spent much of the morning trying to sort out an insurance policy mess for Mom, then worked fast to clean the upstairs, finish laundry, iron, walk, listen to my book, fixed ribs in the Instapot and baked jalapeño poppers with salad for dinner, lots of phone calls this afternoon, did a walking workout, a few minutes on the rowing machine and elliptical. 01.12.2021
- Happy hump day…accomplished a lot beginning at 5:30 am when I got up for quiet time, cleaned the downstairs, finished and put away laundry, finished ironing, wrote a blog post from My Fashion Haus, received my new winter coat – thank you, Jess, Mom and Dillards; took a short walk, listened to my books, watched Congress debate and vote on impeachment, leftover Italian meatball wedding soup for supper and homemade banana bread. 01.13.2021
- Mixed up schedule today with quiet time not until mid-morning, worked on my little dresses for my collage, began a Bible journaling project, spent most of the first half of the day upstairs, then came downstairs to discover the refrigerator had sprung a leak and water was all over the floor, mopped it up, grabbed towels to absorb the constant stream, then ran to Walmart for a couple of groceries, did a 3 mile walk to get my steps for StepBet, Mom didn’t know my name and didn’t realize we had spoken at 6 pm when she called me at 7 pm, pizza for dinner and I stuffed myself, mailman outdid himself today with our packages-ripped the label right off one. 01.14.2021
Various and Sundry Struggles
- First order of business this morning, trying to get a nurse to check Mom for a yeast infection and to find out if her UTI results are back yet, the nurse promised to call me but never did; someone did call my brother and confirm that she is positive for both, stopped by Lowe’s to order a frig before going to Paul’s doctor appointment for his epidural, we were there 2 hours before they ever called him back, the Xanax they gave him really knocked him out, hamburger on the way home, barely got PC to the couch before he was out, slept for several hours, leftover soup for dinner, quiet night. 01.15.2021
- Really nice day…lazy morning with the kitties joining us in bed for family time, showered, dressed, breakfast and then walked along the mountain on the westside of town, did a quick tour of the outlet mall and hit Bath and Body for their after Christmas sale, home for lunch, and then worked on my collage painting while Facetiming with my sister all afternoon…so much fun; Asian chicken salad and baked potatoes for dinner, talked to Mom several times and she sounded good, PC and I did a dancing-walking video and had such good giggles. 01.16.2021
Another Heaven-sent Message
- Started the morning by Zoom-attending Valerie’s Sunday school class, Purrsimmony played “O, Come to the Altar” on my laptop while we were eating breakfast, then headed up McKelligon Canyon for our Sunday steps, picked up Brown Bag deli for lunch, worked a lot of the afternoon with my sister on our laundry day collage – so much fun; put together a charcuterie board for dinner with shrimp, cheese, crackers and fruit; watched football before bed. 01.17.2021
Happy Birthday MLK, Jr.
- Wonder if Dr. King were still alive, if he could have kept the demonstrations over the past 6-8 months peaceful? Would there still have been loss of property and life? Up really early to do my QT before heading across the mountain, so glad to see my baby girls, Cami squealed when she saw me, Cia hugged and hugged me, we played while they ate breakfast, then I took the girls to school; Cia created a new episode of “babies,” the make believe game we play on our way to school, stopped back by the kids’ house to make Cia’s bed and hide her stuffed animals in her room like she likes me to do; home for a walk with PC, played basketball at the park, finished my collage with Valerie, talked to Mom and Brennyn, HelloFresh pork loin for dinner, blog reading before bed. 01.18.2021
Over the Mountain
- Over the mountain and saw Ernie the goat on my way, arrived early enough to play again with my babies before taking them to school, stopped at Walmart to pick up ingredients for this pulled pork chili and cornbread, finished laundry and put it up, so enjoying my book club read for January: The Book of Lost Friends, workout before dinner, up to bed early tonight. 01.19.2021
- Inauguration day…congratulations to President Biden and our first woman Vice President Harris. Quiet time and another morning workout before heading across the mountain, watched the inauguration at Lauren’s after taking the pumpkins to school, proud to have a woman VP, proud of the American flags flying, the peaceful ceremony, the lyrical poem of the young poet laureate; Target run with Lauren, ordered this tee because it wasn’t available in-store, late lunch at home, mixed up chicken salad for dinner, took down my winter decor and fished out my Valentine’s Day box from the garage, workout before dinner, Mom’s phone is acting up, took 3 phone calls+ to try to figure out what is happening…water got spilled in the handset. 01.20.2021
- Feeling kind of puny tonight, sore throat and headache and tired; up very reluctantly this morning to finish a blog post and to do a quick Hasfit before going across the mountain where the clouds were caught along the mountain tops and it was drizzling rain, had a good time giggling and playing with Lucia, Cami gave me the best snuggles, home to do a lot of blog reading much of the afternoon, put out my Valentine decor, cleaned the pantry, took a walk, PC brought home KFC, Mom had a bad afternoon and was in tears when I called, talked to Brennyn, watched “First 48” until bedtime. 01.21.2020
- Fri-YAY. Quiet time, over the mountain to help with niñas, my PC was home by noon, we headed to the outlet mall to get in some steps, and guess what we saw on our way??? Ernie, the goat!, my Prince did a totally illegal turn-around and parked along the shoulder so I could jump out and photograph/video my goat, leftovers for supper, blog reading before bed. 01.22.2021
- Up early for a Saturday, enjoyed family time in bed with the kitties, followed by a workout, breakfast and a walk up McKelligon Canyon; on the way up, I felt very weak so we didn’t make it to the top, wondering if my wheezing and breathing issues are back, ordered this pulse-ox to start monitoring my oxygen levels; Brown Bag Deli sandwiches and potato salad for lunch, delightful afternoon Facetiming with Valerie while we worked on a laundry day canvas for mom, popcorn supper, movie, early to bed. 01.23.2021
- Wild and wooly day…started with trying to get the old fridge out of the house to make room for the new one, which didn’t happen until PC removed the doors, picked up Lucia to bring her over to our house (first time in months), but the roads were closed in 2 places as we tried to get back to our house, after McD’s with Campa, Cia and I did a craft, then soaked and played in the hot tub, Lowe’s delivered the new fridge but left it in the middle of the kitchen because they didn’t sell us the water line when we bought it, Paul had to run back to the store, then he transferred all the food from the old fridge on the front porch to the new one, Lauren and Cami came over for a quick soak, neighbors picked up the old fridge, my StepBet app conked out but came back up, ordered pizza for dinner, just vegged tonight. 01.24.2021
- We awoke to a hot water tank leak in the garage, discovered only because PC didn’t have warm water for his shower, I spent the morning first looking for a plumber then making arrangements for the repair, Monday is usually laundry day but that was on hold until after the leak was fixed, ironed, worked on my From Texas with Love post, purged jewelry, did a work out and walk, steaks for dinner, hoping the snow forecast for tonight comes to fruition. 01.25.2021
- Awoke to a dusting of snow but not enough to keep PC home from work, got him on his way, then Mom called, her UTI and yeast infections are still flaring, I called the nurse to check on her, put together a quick SIA outfit, cleaned the upstairs, then did a quick pass on the downstairs, ironed, did a walking workout, worked on the collage I am making for Mom, tempura shrimp, Jasmine rice and salad for dinner. 01.26.2021
- My days go better when I start with quiet time as I did today, work out before PC went to work, blog reading and writing most of the morning, took a walk, Walmart run, fish sticks, salmon for dinner, early to bed. 01.27.2021
Ties that Bind
- Terrible nightmares, woke up horizontal at the foot of the bed, up for quiet time and work out, then over the mountain to help with the girls before going with them and Lauren to the dentist about their lip ties and tongue ties, loved getting snuggles from my babies, Cami will have surgery on 02.18 for her lip/tongue ties; dropped off clothes at Uptown Cheapskate, picked up Poke 3 for lunch, didn’t get home til 4:30, PC brought home Taco Bell, good talk with mom, up to bed early again. 01.28.2021
- Slept well, did my quiet time, then up for a workout before starting our day, PC was off so we took a long walk , picked up Brown Bag deli and then did our grocery shopping; Lauren gave us so much meat from their fridge that we didn’t spend as much money as usual this month on groceries; struggled all day with issues with Mom, she fell last night, then the insurance company needs her social security card and we can’t get in her apartment to find it, Cami has terrible diaper rash, poor baby, and Mom is crying on the phone, hard day. 01.29.2021
- Thank You, God, for answered prayers – Mom tolerated her vaccine well and had a quiet, restful day; awoke at 5:00 am to the alarm clock blinking as the power had gone out earlier in the night, lazy until about 8:00, then breakfast, workout, organized my scrapbooking and enjoyed a 90 minute massage, home to scrap with my sister while Paul had his massage, then we showered and headed across the mountain for dinner at Olive Garden, talked to PC’s brother and sister-in-law on the way home, we are all in a kind of blue funk. 01.30.2021
- Super Sunday with a little bit of everything…exercise, eating, soaking in the hot tub, running on my new treadmill, scrapbooking with my sister, basketball with PC, pizza soup for supper. 01.31.2021
All in all, a busy but pretty good first month of the year. Hope February is even brighter and better.
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 01.2021? How did you celebrate the first day of this shiny new year? If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi! But if you don’t blog, you can still join us by sharing the memorable moments of your January in a comment below.
Off to Walmart. I am always saying that!! Need a new alarm clock. And some high powered flashlights for tin mine exploring!! Hope you have enjoying a great Ground Hog’s Day. Even though it is over 70*F here today, looks like we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter. Boo.
P.S. Forgot to add my 1 sec a day video so had to edit this post. Here it is.
Hugs and kisses,