Cami, welcome to the world!! And welcome, girlsies, to Sentence a Day, 01.2020 – my January in one run-on sentence a day. These posts such a great way to journal your day-to-day life. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, it’s not too late to start for 02.2020.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand came up with the idea for SaD and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us.
But before you do, let’s see what we were up to in El Paso.
Sentence a Day 01.2020
Still in Holiday Mode
Started the month off with all of my loved ones gathered together under my roof.
- Slept deliciously late, fixed pancakes for New Year’s Day breakfast, Bren and Mustafa went on a lunch date, Cady, PC and I went to the park, then we gals played ‘office’ and Barbies, Lauren and fam came over for dinner – Tafa’s favorite – Salisbury steak, hot tub soak and Mexican hot chocolate with toppings from my cocoa bar. 01.01.2020
- Hit the floor running, up with Brennyn, Cady and Mustafa to get them on their way home to Ft. Worth, then couldn’t go back to sleep before it was time to head across the mountain to help with Cia, Lauren had an OB appointment and they sent her to Labor and Delivery with high blood pressure, turned out she also has protein in her urine but they didn’t take the baby, I scrambled around trying to get the house picked up, dinner made in the crock pot and the laundry done in case we were going to have Cia but Lauren was sent back home. I don’t get it. 01.02.2020
- Oh, friends, I slept so well…took the morning slow while we waited for word on Lauren’s ultrasound and blood pressure check today, half afraid to make plans in case we needed to take care of Cia; the OB finally came around and decided to schedule Lauren’s C-section on Wednesday, grateful to have a date, and to have a few days before Cami arrives; ran to commissary, did a lot of blog reading to catch up, created a few graphics for upcoming posts, enchilada soup for supper. 01.03.2020
Back to Life
- Took down the tree and outside decorations, went to see “A Beautiful Place in the Neighborhood” in the late afternoon, good movie and no one was blown up, no cars wrecked, no language issues or R-rated sex scenes; refreshing. 01.04.2020
- Struggling to sleep again unless I take my sleep aid; church service about my WOTY – believe; home to just relax and watch football all afternoon, PC seems to dread starting his new job. 01.05.2020
- First day of work for PC, going to work longer hours and have to dress up more; love seeing my Prince dressed in something other than jeans and tennies; pizza for dinner and 3 hours of “The Bachelor.” 01.06.2020
- Welcome to the world, Camila Jean! Lauren and Francisco left for the hospital before 5 am and I was unable to go back to sleep, kept waiting for word on Lauren’s C-section and Cami’s birth; finally received word from the proud daddy that Cami had arrived, albeit bruised from being stuck, at 8:47, weighing in at 7 lbs 15 ounces; took Cia to school then headed to the hospital, our new baby girl is as precious as the 2 granddaughters and their mothers before her; met PC for dinner, back to the kids’ to babysit Cia. Prayers answered, thank You, God. 01.08.2020
- P.S. Camila’s birth-day falls on the birthday of my nephew Andrew, my sister’s son, who, at the age of 3, lost his battle with cancer; is it coincidence that she has light hair and eyes, at least for now, like Andrew did?
- Cia jumped in bed with me about 7:30 am, we had a leisurely breakfast, playing between bites, did some laundry for the kids, took Lucia to the hospital to see her mama and daddy but she was unable to meet baby sister, picked up a Happy Meal, had lunch at their house and then took her to school so I could go home and get things done. 01.09.2020
- Took all day to get discharged but finally at 4:30, the kids were home with both of their baby girls, Cami is quite jaundiced but was released, I ironed, picked up the house, made maple bourbon chili, read and wrote blog posts, watched our crazy changing weather from the balcony door. 01.10.2020
- Slept so well, enjoyed a quiet morning, gym after a late breakfast, went to see “1917” which was visually beautiful, however not as powerful as “Saving Private Ryan” but as if the plot was a compilation of World War I stories from the director’s grandfather, blogging and “Live PD,” Cami had to have more tests done to determine her bilirubin levels. 01.11.2020
- Overslept and missed church, enjoyed doughnuts at our little bakery around the corner, then off to find new work clothes for PC, stopped by the kids’ house to introduce Cami to Campa and vice versa, home for football and leftover chili for dinner. 01.12.2020
- Slept late again…what?…mixed together some maple bourbon chili to take to the kids so Lauren and Francisco can have home-cooked meals with cooking themselves, quick gym workout before PC had another ablation on his back, praying this one will work for longer to relieve his pain, brunch at iHop afterward, laundry, ironing, blogging and watching “The Bachelor” this evening, Cami’s jaundice is finally better! 01.13.2020
Organizing and Decluttering
- My Prince struggled to sleep last night so both of us were dragging this morning, I enjoyed quiet time and writing first thing, then jumped into my kitchen decluttering and organizing by cleaning all the drawers and cabinets, tossing much no longer needed ‘stuff,’ fixed pulled pork sammies for supper, reading with Cady on Facebook, blog reading tonight. 01.14.2020
- Awoke late to the static of our radio alarm rather than the buzzer, scrambled to get across the mountain to help with Cia, just peeked at Cami, who was asleep in her bouncer after a 4 ounce breakfast bottle, stopped by the library to pick up a book I am reading with Cady, Walmart run for a few groceries and containers for my pantry organization, finished up the kitchen, gym, Panda (Express) food for dinner, blog reading before bed. 01.15.2020
- Over the mountain to help with my girls, then home but feeling unmotivated to do anything, wrote a quick blog post about the El Paso shooting, oiled the kitchen cabinets, finished the ironing, fixed dinner and food to take to Lauren for tomorrow, PC was home early and restless…not sure how he will ever be happy in retirement. 01.16.2020
- My Prince went with me to help with Cia today, gym afterward, blog reading, received a phone call that mom’s Senior Helpers will no longer work in her retirement community as of 01.31.2020 so we have 2 weeks to come up with another option for her care, or move her to a new facility, Lauren’s OB didn’t submit her maternity leave paperwork, Francisco had dinner with the dean and discussion about the future of anesthesiologists at his new hospital, had dinner and helped with Cami and Cia, home to bed. 01.17.2020
- Pow-wowed with my siblings about what to do for mom, enjoyed a walk over McKelligon Canyon before picking up Cia for an afternoon with Gabba and Campa, soaking in the hot tub, reading books and playing at Peter Piper Pizza, dropped baby girl off at home at 7:00, then my Prince treated me to sushi. 01.18.2020
- On our way to church when I received a text that Lauren was having heart issues, then a call asking us to come watch the babies so she and Francisco could go to the ER, her cardiologist was on-call so checked her out, instructed her to start back on the heart meds she’d been on before getting pregnant, and will see her this week, we walked around the outlet mall then home for a quiet evening. So tired. 01.19.2020
- Quiet MLK, Jr. Day, thankful for what he dreamed for our world; slept so well, good work out at the gym, started laundry, scrapbooked with my sister, steak and salmon for dinner and “The Bachelor.” 01.20.2020
- Up early for my quiet time and then over the mountain to help with my littles, fed Camila a bottle and took Cia to school, ran by Target just to look and Walmart to get lazy Susans to finish my pantry organization, made a delicious soup (thank you, Penny), went for a walk with PC, “This is Us” on TV tonight. 01.21.2020
- Slept so well after not sleeping a wink on Monday night, beautiful clouds obscured the mountains this morning, began my online Bible study through Proverbs31 about being trustworthy, really spoke to me, cleaned the upstairs, fresh sheets on the bed, finished laundry, decorated for Valentine’s after reluctantly taking down my snowmen for the season, finished my book, gym, walk, blog reading tonight. 01.22.2020
- Was snuggled so warmly in bed this morning, I didn’t want to get up and didn’t, until the phone rang at 8 am, put the cart before the horse and did some cleaning before my shower and quiet time, enjoyed reading two of my books, visiting the renovated library, and our neighborhood Little Free Library, cleaned the frig, talked way too much on the phone, drank a Yule Shoot Your Eye Out Christmas lager before bed. 01.23.2020
- Really nice day, more like spring, fixed homemade meatballs for spaghetti, listened to my book while I walked in the sun, cleaned the downstairs, mani, gym, dinner and our Friday night dose of “Live PD.” 01.24.2020
Baseball is Back
- Baseball has begun…makes for a very long season, almost every Saturday from January-October; PC went to practice, I did some things around home, blog reading, walk in the sunshine, bike ride, when PC got home we snuggled a little bit and talked about baseball before going to Chipotle for supper and a soak in the hot tub afterward. 01.25.2020
- Another crazy night spent awake thinking of what to cook for the kids this week…what is wrong with me??, up for church and our stop at the bakery for a pastry on our way, the first messages of this new year have been about believing…my word of the year; walk around the outlet mall, rode our bikes to the gym for a workout, burgers on the grill for dinner, this and that on TV tonight. 01.26.2020
- Breakfast that went into lunch with Lorena, home to make a new recipe – Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna, one for us and one for the kids’ dinner tomorrow, lots of phone calls, laundry and a skip from the gym, on this cold, dreary afternoon. 01.27.2020
- Breakfast/brunch with Lorena, Walmart run, laundry, blogging, reading and listening to my book on Audible, gym workout and “The Bachelor” before bedtime. 01.27.2020
- Spent a lot of the day trying to create a 90 second video clip to accompany my application to be Reese Witherspoon’s resident librarian for her book club “Hello, Sunshine;” I have said ‘hello, sunshine’ til I am blue in the face! 01.28.2020
- Thanks to my sister Valerie for the help finalizing my video and application for “Hello, Sunshine,” submitted tonight, spent the afternoon at Lauren’s snuggling my Camila while her mama had a nice nap and leisurely shower…it’s the little things sometimes! 01.30.2020
- Difficult day…my mom is really struggling again, (read more here) turns out her brain has severely atrophied all of a sudden and she is suffering from sudden onset dementia, she isn’t coherent or lucid, Kevin spent most of the day with mom in the ER while she was being tested for a stroke, and other things that we could attribute her issues to; so so sad to hear her struggling to speak. 01.31.2020
So that’s how I spent the first 31 days of the decade. Heard a lot of people say they were glad to see January go.
I was just thankful we were finally out of 2019!!
Here’s my first month of 2020 in 1 sec a day.
What was the highlight of your month? If you have a month in review post to link-up, please click below. Then be sure to show some of the other bloggers some love.
January is traditionally the coldest month in El Paso but we have a winter storm warning in effect for this week. Even though the groundhog didn’t see his shadow! Hope if it is going to be cold, we will have the snow they are predicting, too.
Thank you for stopping by to spend a few moments with me. Be sure to say hi in a comment below.
Hugs and kisses,