Hello, friends and February!
Today I am sharing the progress I’ve made on living my word of the year…PEACE. Happy to report there has been forward progress! And want to have a look at the progress, or in this case, the lack thereof, on my monthly goals for January. To give you a little hint about that, my February goals are going to look very familiar to you. Think of them as a good rerun, or leftovers that are reheated and better the second time around.
My Word of the Year, 02.2019
Have I mentioned how glad I am to be back home? So glad to be back to my routine, and my morning quiet time. And so thankful for the message I read on Thursday in Max Lucado’s Grace for the Moment. I am certain it was written just for me!
The Lord is Peace
The title of the message was “The Lord is Peace”. How perfectly coincidental – except we all know there are no coincidences in God’s world. It was part of the plan. I believe there are plans and there are these perfect moments of synchronicity. Which work as light for my path – the steps directly in front of me and further ahead on my path.
So, why was this message perfect for me? Aside from the obvious?…its title. Well, we are closing out the first month of the year. My family has, again, like all families, experienced stress. My up-to-recently-elusive word of the year is peace. Just as it was last year. Read more about my choice in January’s word of the year post.
Peace in 2018
But last year, I waited for everything to quiet (in my life) so the peace could begin. It never happened. I waited for life to return to ‘normal’ – but what’s that? Not even sure what that looks like. Or if I would know ‘normal’ if I saw it.
A few weeks ago, I told PC that I wanted my normal life back. Guess what he said? That the life I am living is my normal life. A whole lotta crazy and then a little sleep. I didn’t like that and protested. But he made some very good points toward convincing me that crazy is all I have ever known. It is my ‘normal’.
In Lucado’s message, I was reminded that God is peace. That knowing Him, spending time with Him is peaceful and restores peace to my life. He can deliver me to a few moments of peace to start my day. Then I can pull from those moments to find peace the other 23 hours.
Instead of waiting this year for the perfectly quiet, normal day; a day filled with serenity and tranquility, I want to look for and find glimpses of peace in everyday moments. Moments that can restore me and arm me to take on my own crazy ‘normal’ the rest of the time. Glimpses of peace that can help me through the storms.
Peace found in:
- listening to a favorite song and singing along like “Calling All Angels” by Train and the lyric “Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled up from a cup.”
- chatting with Cady on Facebook messenger or replaying a message from her on my phone
- watching Lucia dance or take a bath via What’s App
- working out at the gym
- enjoying 10 minutes on the hydromassage beds
- standing in the therapeutic light of the Total Body Enhancement machine
- date night with PC
- holding hands with and hugging PC
- listening to and reading my books
- writing in my gratitude journal
- making my Valentine craft
- putting together my 2-tier tray, thank you Andrea, Carrie and Kellyann for the inspo
- and biggest surprise of all – peace from doing my chores = pulling weeds, ironing, folding clothes
Learning how powerful it is that I begin my day with quiet time. By doing so, I am arming myself for my ‘normal’ in the day ahead with the peace that fills my heart, mind, body and soul when I begin my day with God. When I begin my day with quiet time.
January and February Goals
My word of the year is a rerun and so are my goals from January to February. Take a look at my goal board for January. Compare those goals to the ones for February. Think of this as a little exercise to keep your brain sharp. Like those pictures where you have to spot the differences.
Just warning ya. You’ll be hard pressed to find 12 differences between my January and February goals, though. Unless you count the hearts I added instead of snowflakes.
- Workout 4X a week. We barely moved in January so if we darken the door of the gym a half dozen times, we will be way ahead of where we were last month.
- Clean and purge our bedroom. Hard to clean and purge your bedroom when you aren’t home. ‘Nuff said.
- Quiet time 5X a week. Easiest of all to commit to.
- Write every Monday. Instead of 3x a month, I am pledging here before YOU that I will write on my book every Monday. And at that rate I should have it completed before my 100th birthday.
Need to make this happen in February so I can move onto other goals sometime this year!
How are you coming on the goals or resolutions you made for 2019? Are you finding ways to live your word of the year, if you have one? Hope when we reconvene for a look at my progress this time next month, I will have all kinds of things to brag about.
This week, I hope to get blog posts written ahead of time so they actually go out when they should. We’ll see how that goes. Thank you for stopping by today and hope you will run back by again later this week. Be sure to say hi in a comment below.